Customer Service - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Sep 12, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #257 of 279
Quote:
I sure hope we don't see another Head-Fier that bought that pair to post with the exact same problem.  We would have to call them the demon phones then...

I don't know whether the purchaser is a Head-Fi'er or not. I only know that the PS1000 worked when I sold it to him and he reports to me that everything is working "perfect" (his word). I also sold him my entire HeadRoom stack, the HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Portable and the balanced recabled AKG K701 that I listed on Head-Fi (and didn't get so much as a nibble), plus some cables, LODs, etc. The "perfect" applied to everything and I spent more than a week working with him to make sure everything was set up to his satisfaction. He happened to be a local delivery and two people (seller and buyer) are now very happy. I think the demon headphone curse has been broken. I hope he never has to deal with Grado service but HeadRoom will take very good care of him if he ever needs help. I don't know about AKG except that Harman now owns them.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #258 of 279
Sep 22, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #259 of 279
Sep 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #260 of 279

Quote:

Quote:
another bump for a worthy thread
Be nice if folks posted more about this in here. Very valuable info

http://www.head-fi.org/t/408467/can-this-denon-d2000-be-fixed-read-i-m-an-idiot/15#post_5407951

Thanks very much for posting this useful information.  I was also hoping that more people would continue posting good and bad experiences with customer service on this thread but, without an active fight to watch, people lose interest.  I'm contemplating starting a thread on tube sellers but haven't yet decided how to do that.  

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #261 of 279
I've seen different threads on forums with HD598's owners, asking for a replacement cable. They have contacted sennheiser, and got no response...i think their customer service is failing. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #263 of 279

Quote:
Did you notice whether the issues with Sennheiser were in Europe or North America?  Elsewhere?

I think they were from the Us. As we here in europe have the chance to buy the 598 cable from a uk retailer. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #265 of 279
Oct 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #266 of 279

Quote:
I come across posts like this a fair bit, but don't always link them in here.  Maybe another bump will get folks posting more in here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/523313/i-appreciate-headroom-headphone-com

I appreciate headroom/headphone.com

Thanks for the friendly bump.  I wholeheartedly agree with those whose admire and appreciate HeadRoom's service and support.  It's absolutely first-rate and is, or should be, a model of customer service for all companies serving the audiophile community.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #267 of 279
Hello guys,

I bought a pair of Grados RS2I 4 days ago. The third day, the left driver failed. I know it`s not PS1000 (1500$), but still 550$ is not so cheap either.  I`m dissapointed of grado with this.
I have nothing bad to say about the sound. I liked very much the sound of rs2i being e very good complement to my hd650.

Now i used the warranty and it`s in service. It bugs me, that after 3 days of use, i have to wait another couple of days to get them back. And they will not be new any-longer, they will be repaired...

I just hope that on a long term all will be ok.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #268 of 279
That is always a bummer. But "repaired" isn't necessarily worse than "new". If a company has bad quality control, the new can still be flawed - as in your case - but when they get a model for repair, they make sure that what goes back to you is in perfect working condition. What I mean is there's probably more quality control on repairs than on production.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #269 of 279

Quote:
Hello guys,

I bought a pair of Grados RS2I 4 days ago. The third day, the left driver failed. I know it`s not PS1000 (1500$), but still 550$ is not so cheap either.  I`m dissapointed of grado with this.
I have nothing bad to say about the sound. I liked very much the sound of rs2i being e very good complement to my hd650.

Now i used the warranty and it`s in service. It bugs me, that after 3 days of use, i have to wait another couple of days to get them back. And they will not be new any-longer, they will be repaired...

I just hope that on a long term all will be ok.

Quote:
That is always a bummer. But "repaired" isn't necessarily worse than "new". If a company has bad quality control, the new can still be flawed - as in your case - but when they get a model for repair, they make sure that what goes back to you is in perfect working condition. What I mean is there's probably more quality control on repairs than on production.

I hope that dan.gheorghe got or gets his Grado RS2i back in good working condition.  I would normally expect that LizardKing1 would be exactly right about customer service.  However, this thread started precisely because Grado took three times to get my PS1K repaired correctly and made me pay for shipping to them after each failed repair attempt.  Failures are inevitable.  How a company handles bad customer service is entirely within its own control.  I hope Grado takes better care of dan.gheorghe than the care they provided to me and other posters who reported similar experiences with Grado customer service.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #270 of 279
Didn't know about this thread, I just posted about my experience with V-Moda, and someone suggested I add it here. Here is the post:

First of all, let's get this out of the way...I am in no way affiliated with V-Moda and receive no benefit from posting the following information.

It has been a long time since I've been impressed enough by a company to spread the word, but today V-Moda did just that. Earlier this week I ordered a "Verified Like New" set of Crossfade LPs directly from their website. When they arrived I was pleasantly surprised that they threw in some cool swag along with the headphones! Unfortunately, the Crossfades suffered from the dreaded "cracked plastic" problem that has been mentioned here and elsewhere. I called customer service today and left a voicemail, not really expecting to get a response any time soon. To my surprise, I got a return call just a couple hours later. We discussed the problem, and I won't go into too much detail but they went above and beyond to fix the situation. Thanks guys!

I've owned a lot of headphones over the years, from a lot of brands but I have to say this was by far the best customer service experience I've had.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580846/props-to-v-modas-customer-service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back