CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #1,771 of 2,466
Any official updates on FIBAE 6? I was a huge Ei.xx fan back in the day, so...

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,772 of 2,466
DBAB3C20-9E78-43EE-AB96-649EED0DC804.jpeg

Definitely late to the party here, but finally got a Custom Art IEM :)

Aug 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,775 of 2,466
Maybe Harmony 8.2 as indicated in his signature?

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #1,776 of 2,466
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #1,778 of 2,466
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #1,779 of 2,466
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,780 of 2,466
Excellent review for excellent IEM!
Thank you.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #1,781 of 2,466
The FIBAE 7 and FIBAE 6 just launched in Korea - maybe that 6 is the same as the ME? The driver configuration seems to be the same.

Curious, I was under the impression that CA couldn't sell the me model on their own site with the agreement with drop? Mind you if there is one thing that I've learned on headfi it's more to do with the tuning than the driver count anyway. Any idea on what the price would translate into euros ?

Thanks

FIBAE 6 ? I do not find them on their website.

I think they’re talking about FIBAE ME which was a massdrop exclusive (ME for Massdrop Edition)

From the ME discussion thread on Massdrop:

This would mean their is no further arrangement/agreement with Massdrop/Drop regarding the ME. Don’t know if CustomArt will offer it on their website, but I would think that leaves them free to sell it elsewhere (?)

Any official updates on FIBAE 6? I was a huge Ei.xx fan back in the day, so...

Hi,

I'm aware this thread is not primarily meant for selling though recent conversation about FIBAE ME / 6? spurred the idea I'll let you know I'm selling mine, together with F3. More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-art-fibae-3-me-for-sale.913256/

OK Guys,
As some of you noticed our Korean distributor launched FIBAE 6. Being our biggest and most prominent distributor in the world right now Scheherazade got a head start and received batch of FIBAE 6 even before we launched it on our website - why? - simply as to show gratitude towards the store who creates big chunk of our sales :)
Now onto what FIBAE 6 is - as you guys correctly deducted it's the same IEM as FIBAE ME. Now I know that I asked you to not call FIBAE ME "6" when it came out, but there were no plans on incorporating it to the regular line up back then. But now FIBAE ME becomes in fact FIBAE 6. I won't be going into details of working with Drop, agreements and reasons to justify the move, simply because I don't think it would be professional. One thing I can say is that it was our unilateral decision, we don't have any conflict with Drop and we cannot exclude collaborating with Drop at some point in the future - just not at the moment.
The specs of FIBAE 6 remain the same as FIBAE ME, with change to cable - now comes with Hi-Res SPC cable, and full accessories instead just Peli case. Other than that it's same drivers, same config and same sound.
Price is going to be €875 or 3300PLN
In fact even though they are not on our website you can technically order them by email right now. We have all components on stock and they are ready to be made. Standard 2-3week turnaround.
Our website is going to updates probably next week to incorporate FIBAE 6

Could be. I imagine that Custom Art will add it to their site at some point (don't really see the point of a Korean exclusive), and while there was the allure of a 6BA FIBAE ME when they only otherwise had the FIBAE1/2/3, I'm guessing that it won't be as enticing with the release of the FIBAE7.
Well yes - this exactly :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,782 of 2,466
OK Guys,
As some of you noticed our Korean distributor launched FIBAE 6. Being our biggest and most prominent distributor in the world right now Scheherazade got a head start and received batch of FIBAE 6 even before we launched it on our website - why? - simply as to show gratitude towards the store who creates big chunk of our sales :)
Now onto what FIBAE 6 is - as you guys correctly deducted it's the same IEM as FIBAE ME. Now I know that I asked you to not call FIBAE ME "6" when it came out, but there were no plans on incorporating it to the regular line up back then. But now FIBAE ME becomes in fact FIBAE 6. I won't be going into details of working with Drop, agreements and reasons to justify the move, simply because I don't think it would be professional. One thing I can say is that it was our unilateral decision, we don't have any conflict with Drop and we cannot exclude collaborating with Drop at some point in the future - just not at the moment.
The specs of FIBAE 6 remain the same as FIBAE ME, with change to cable - now comes with Hi-Res SPC cable, and full accessories instead just Peli case. Other than that it's same drivers, same config and same sound.
In fact even though they are not on our website you can technically order them by email right now. We have all components on stock and they are ready to be made. Standard 2-3week turnaround.

These guys don't miss a trick Piotr!

I would like to say that this is great news for the masses. The exposure of this wonderful IEM was limited and now many more will be able to experience what I have been referencing for quite a while. While the F4 is a different animal, it has some technical prowess vs. the ME, but the CA IEM I return to the most is the ME/6. The bass of the F6 is a BA but it is as close to DD bass as I have heard in a BA. It will certainly allow you to feel the music. The overall sound signature is one that is rich and sultry, full of energy and a perfect musicality that the listener can feel the emotion of the music as well as hear it, it sounds so dynamic and organic with the ME. Vocals sound rich and the mids deserve more credit than I give them because the bass is so well played out. They are an immersive listen and it is easy to toe-tap and become enthralled in the music. The treble extends surprisingly well. The lower treble has a wee bump and the upper registers extends out, it is the treble which creates the balance. I may over illustrate the bass of the ME/6 and that probably creates a super bloated visual, and I want to say that the bass is so super that I have to give it it's due, but the overall signature is far from bloated. It is tuned so well. My design was super personalized.

Great news Piotr!
9.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #1,783 of 2,466
OK Guys,

Glad to get official info on the iem! (Also really happy to finally try it - I had been curious when it launched on (Mass)Drop. It’s definitely a very different iem from your other offerings.)

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1,784 of 2,466
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back