CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,788 of 2,466
Lovely candies from Custom Art :p

IMG_20191107_015834_898.jpg

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #1,789 of 2,466
God wish universals fit me that well! ^^^

Still got my reshelled fibae 2's back this week from CA. Decent fit right off the bat. Now just got to wait for this damned cold to clear up so I can get my ears unblocked to fully appreciate them.

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,790 of 2,466
Nov 7, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,791 of 2,466
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #1,792 of 2,466
Nov 9, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,794 of 2,466
Got to try the FIBAE7 recently and I have to say I really enjoyed it. There's a nice crisp that really draws me to it. But while I was reading up on it, its mentioned that the FIBAE7 uses a top firing driver for the highs and I'm curious if the driver's performance varies according to the shell size and shape. Will a pair of custom sound very different from the universal demo?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #1,795 of 2,466
Got to try the FIBAE7 recently and I have to say I really enjoyed it. There's a nice crisp that really draws me to it. But while I was reading up on it, its mentioned that the FIBAE7 uses a top firing driver for the highs and I'm curious if the driver's performance varies according to the shell size and shape. Will a pair of custom sound very different from the universal demo?

The drivers are top-firing, but they still fire into a sound tube. So, they're independent of the chassis and aren't as acoustics-dependent as 64 Audio's tia drivers, for example. I don't think anyone here can directly compare between the universal and custom aside from @piotrus-g himself, but I'll give it a go when I visit MS next week.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,796 of 2,466
The drivers are top-firing, but they still fire into a sound tube. So, they're independent of the chassis and aren't as acoustics-dependent as 64 Audio's tia drivers, for example. I don't think anyone here can directly compare between the universal and custom aside from @piotrus-g himself, but I'll give it a go when I visit MS next week.
Ahhh alright that makes sense. If that is the case then I guess the sonic difference from a custom and a universal pair will be due to the insertion depth then.

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,798 of 2,466
Which are great until like a **** you lose one.

Edit, what colour is that btw?
Hi Sorry for late reply I was pre-occupied with AudioVideo Show happening this weekend in Warsaw.

The color is Emerald Green Transparent silicone.
Like Daniel said the drivers are still firing to the tubing rather than the shell (i.e. tubless design)
There are differences between universal and custom. Customs are a bit more pronounced in 4-5kHz range so they are a bit brighter. There's also going to be a change in sound stage with customs being more close and intimate and universals more open and airy.

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,799 of 2,466
Hi Sorry for late reply I was pre-occupied with AudioVideo Show happening this weekend in Warsaw.

The color is Emerald Green Transparent silicone.

Like Daniel said the drivers are still firing to the tubing rather than the shell (i.e. tubless design)
There are differences between universal and custom. Customs are a bit more pronounced in 4-5kHz range so they are a bit brighter. There's also going to be a change in sound stage with customs being more close and intimate and universals more open and airy.

I wonder if the F7 gets less warm with the customs as well..

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back