crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Oct 3, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #3,031 of 3,338
3641308A-8D3D-4046-AC0B-B632E3BDDF12.jpeg
E18DF0B7-66E6-474D-9F7F-BC182C49B28D.jpeg

You can not gauge technicalities from frequency response graph. Maybe waterfall plot but not from those above.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #3,032 of 3,338
But why the EJ07 is so bad? Its technically and soundwise on par with Monarch and Clairvoyance.
There are a lot of people who don’t like the EJ07, hence the “short bus”. All that matters is what you think of it. He has the IER-Z1R rated as an “S”, but there are plenty of people that don’t particularly like it.

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #3,034 of 3,338
There are a lot of people who don’t like the EJ07, hence the “short bus”. All that matters is what you think of it. He has the IER-Z1R rated as an “S”, but there are plenty of people that don’t particularly like it.
Thanks for saying that. It's a club for 'special' folks. :D

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #3,035 of 3,338
What is your top 3 favorites QDC?
Omg, very tough! This is my best go at this:

1. VX - I have the special black ones only sold by certain vendors
2. Dmagic 3D
3. Gemini
4. 4SS
4. 5SH

I have 6 of their IEMs and 4 of their wires

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #3,036 of 3,338
Omg, very tough! This is my best go at this:

1. VX - I have the special black ones only sold by certain vendors
2. Dmagic 3D
3. Gemini
4. 4SS
4. 5SH

I have 6 of their IEMs and 4 of their wires
Nice. What is special about the black vx.

I always wanted to go demo the qdc but the showroom is quite far away.

also the shop told me all models of qdc need to be preorder now , no stock in thailand

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #3,037 of 3,338
My current top 5 is:
KSE1500
Z1R
MEST
U12T
IER-M9

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 5, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #3,039 of 3,338
Doesnt have qdc connectors. instead 2 pin.
Thanks.

Is the qdc unique only to qdc? That means typical 2 pin and mmcx cannot be used right

only have to buy made for qdc connector cable?

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #3,040 of 3,338
Thanks.

Is the qdc unique only to qdc? That means typical 2 pin and mmcx cannot be used right

I have seen qdc connectors on a few other iems so im not sure if its unique to qdc or someone else created the standard (if you want to call it that). qdc connectors are still a two pin but they are gapped differently and have an extended casing where cable connects to on the IEM. For the cable there is generally a plastic covering around the 2 pins just like there would be on a qdc styled IEM.

You would either have buy a qdc cable or buy an adapter to use with 2 pin. Not sure if such a thing exists for mmcx. And yes, as mentioned below (edit) you could use 2pins with qdc but generally that comes with caveats and there is a polarity difference.

Images courtesy of moon audio and twister6. Left qdc - Right 2 pin.

vx.PNG2.PNG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #3,041 of 3,338
Thanks.

AFAIK, “qdc” is a commonly used name for that type of connector, probably made famous by qdc, but it is certainly not unique to qdc now. It is a rounded, protruding 2 pin socket. I believe that actual qdc sockets have reversed polarity vs traditional 2 pin sockets, but as long as the right and left cables are attached the same way, it doesn’t matter. Regular 2 pin plugs will work with qdc sockets, but the plugs will stick out a lot from the IEM shell. There are also some qdc sockets that take the 0.75mm two pin plugs rather than the 0.78mm plugs, but I think the consensus is that it doesn’t really matter b/c that is such a minute difference, and manufacturing tolerances may even be more than that difference.

Oct 5, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #3,042 of 3,338
There are also some qdc sockets that take the 0.75mm two pin plugs rather than the 0.78mm plugs, but I think the consensus is that it doesn’t really matter b/c that is such a minute difference, and manufacturing tolerances may even be more than that difference
That 0.03mm actually makes a huge difference, if you use a 0.75mm on your 0.78mm sockets, be prepared for your IEMs to go flying across the room if you’re not extremely careful. And using a 0.78mm connector in a 0.75mm socket will result in either not being able to fit the pins in or, worse, stretching the socket.

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #3,045 of 3,338
Btw between Z1R, andro , andro 2020 , U12T how you would you rank it by best treble?
S = U12t silky and fast highs
S = Z1R sharp and fast highs with great transients

A+ = Andro 2020 very linear, fast without grain

B+ = Older andros, sharp treble, peaky. Andro Stainless gets an A for it’s more even and smoother treble (still shimmery and energetic)

I’ve owned all besides U12t. Z1R is safely my favorite.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back