Crack;Bottlehead OTL
May 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #5,116 of 12,347
Just wanted to throw this out as an interest check. I'll possibly be producing some custom bases out of exotic types woods. Black walnut, tiger wood, birdseye maple ect. I plan to build about 10 bases and sell them here on the forums. It will be a US only sale and will be a limited run. Please pm me if you have any interest. 

May 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #5,117 of 12,347
  Just wanted to throw this out as an interest check. I'll possibly be producing some custom bases out of exotic types woods. Black walnut, tiger wood, birdseye maple ect. I plan to build about 10 bases and sell them here on the forums. It will be a US only sale and will be a limited run. Please pm me if you have any interest. 

My guess is going to be a DOVE TAIL JOINT all four corners if it's custom i would do it this way.

May 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #5,118 of 12,347

Did you master the art of dove-tails?

May 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #5,120 of 12,347
I have a possibly weird question but could Crack act as a preamp for another headphone amp? 6.5mm cable into 2 XLR.

May 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #5,124 of 12,347
You should try being in Australia!
wink.gif

Admittedly we are fortunate with no significant import duties for single item orders (that I've experienced), but shipping costs are huge and a lot of the really great gear doesn't have full distribution (or any) here. No doubt some of our friends in parts of Asia may feel the same.

May 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5,125 of 12,347
wink.gif

Admittedly we are fortunate with no significant import duties for single item orders (that I've experienced), but shipping costs are huge and a lot of the really great gear doesn't have full distribution (or any) here. No doubt some of our friends in parts of Asia may feel the same.

I've heard of people that take a flight to america to buy expensive electronics since it's cheaper, LOL

do you know anyone who's done it, or is that just an over exaggeration? 

May 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #5,126 of 12,347
wink.gif

Kiwis are the same Loq.  I'd love to buy a Crack kit (somehow that still just sounds wrong 
tongue.gif
 ) - but it's getting it here at the right price that's an issue.

I've heard of people that take a flight to america to buy expensive electronics since it's cheaper, LOL

Not sure about doing that specifically - but I usually travel to Nth America and Europe annually with my job.  When I have the funds (growing family and mortgage dictates the budget), I often pick up gear in the US and bring it home rather than shopping locally.  The price difference is worth it.

May 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #5,127 of 12,347

I do know that at last check it was cheaper to fly to the US, but a copy of Adobe Creative Suite 6 and fly home again than it was to buy the exact same product locally!?

Kiwis are the same Loq.  I'd love to buy a Crack kit (somehow that still just sounds wrong 
tongue.gif
 ) - but it's getting it here at the right price that's an issue.

Not sure about doing that specifically - but I usually travel to Nth America and Europe annually with my job.  When I have the funds (growing family and mortgage dictates the budget), I often pick up gear in the US and bring it home rather than shopping locally.  The price difference is worth it.

Try to arrange a group buy with 2-3 friends - it'll knock of a significant amount. Alternatively just go for it and ignore the extra dollars added by the exchange rate. Even with the extra cost, it's very, very much a good investment and still performs above the price (even in NZD / AUD)

May 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #5,128 of 12,347
  Try to arrange a group buy with 2-3 friends - it'll knock of a significant amount. Alternatively just go for it and ignore the extra dollars added by the exchange rate. Even with the extra cost, it's very, very much a good investment and still performs above the price (even in NZD / AUD)

I've read so much about them - and I've done my own simple recabling, so a soldering iron doesn't scare me.  Seriously thinking about ordering one when I next go over - that way I can avoid the freight (would just get it shipped to domestic address of one of my clients, and pick it up from there).

Only thing holding me back so far is the fact that I own the LD MKIV (and am perfectly happy with it).  But have heard so much about the crack ......... 

May 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #5,129 of 12,347

I've read so much about them - and I've done my own simple recabling, so a soldering iron doesn't scare me.  Seriously thinking about ordering one when I next go over - that way I can avoid the freight (would just get it shipped to domestic address of one of my clients, and pick it up from there).

Only thing holding me back so far is the fact that I own the LD MKIV (and am perfectly happy with it).  But have heard so much about the crack ......... 

I haven't heard the LD range of amps, but I just helped a mate build a Crack with some basic cap upgrades and it sounds seriously good with my T1s.

May 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #5,130 of 12,347
Now you're talking my language 
beerchug.gif

The two dynamic headphones I still want to trial are the T1 and HD800 .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back