Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3,706 of 12,335
My Cracks got company!

I wanted a stand to take two cans and ended up making a headphone stand to match my Bottlehead Crack.  It has a Carbon fibre body with solid Oak ends and two tubes running through for keeping the cables tidy. I still need to line the tubes out with a leather or fabric and sand out the hole saw marks on the Oak but you can get the concept.. I have a couple of other ideas I am going to try out also.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3,709 of 12,335
  What output caps is that?

The caps I have been using are the JFX Premium Metallized Polypropylene Films.

Two 100uf 250v for outputs and one 2.2uF 250V across the last electrolytic filter capacitor.

Nice stand, Jamie!  Well done!

Cheers Paul

How are your new caps settling in?

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,710 of 12,335
  My Cracks got company!

I wanted a stand to take two cans and ended up making a headphone stand to match my Bottlehead Crack.  It has a Carbon fibre body with solid Oak ends and two tubes running through for keeping the cables tidy. I still need to line the tubes out with a leather or fabric and sand out the hole saw marks on the Oak but you can get the concept.. I have a couple of other ideas I am going to try out also.

Oh man with the CF and the black knob you should have black lacquered the heck out of that wooden base!

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #3,711 of 12,335
  Cheers Paul

How are your new caps settling in?

Very nicely, thanks for asking.  I think they are fully burned in now.  I'm still waiting for my Tung Sol 5998 'Domino Plate' to arrive then I think I will consider my Crack complete.  
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,712 of 12,335
Lovely JamieMC, I think it was you that confirmed that using CF or 3M vinyl sticker on the metal plate was alright with me 10 pages back in this thread or so despite the heat.

I've got piano black car vinyl stuck on mine at the moment and it's alright I think, of course it scuffs up easily but I can just buy another sticker and put it over again.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #3,713 of 12,335
  Lovely JamieMC, I think it was you that confirmed that using CF or 3M vinyl sticker on the metal plate was alright with me 10 pages back in this thread or so despite the heat.

I've got piano black car vinyl stuck on mine at the moment and it's alright I think, of course it scuffs up easily but I can just buy another sticker and put it over again.

The 3m car wrap vinyl should have no problem with the heat, it is a quality product.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #3,715 of 12,335
Bottlehead does not keep a huge stockpile of parts. They order supplies and wait for them just like everyone else.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #3,716 of 12,335
See, that makes no sense to me. They have a long wait to  get the kit which is in demand. Why not at least keep enough part to stay current with the demand? 

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #3,717 of 12,335
  See, that makes no sense to me. They have a long wait to  get the kit which is in demand. Why not at least keep enough part to stay current with the demand? 

+1

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,718 of 12,335
We can only speculate as to why, but I would imagine it has alot to do with staffing expenses, taxes, and inventory space. You can save alot of money on all three of those reasons doing a big order once a month, instead of operating 24/7 to manage a small amount of orders as they are purchased.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #3,720 of 12,335

He waits; that's what he does.

And I tell you what: tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick...

Ahab says, 'I don't care who you are, here's to your dream.'

The old sailors returned to the bar, 'Here's to you, Ahab!'

And the fat drummer hit the beat with all his heart.

Here's to waiting.

Good things come to those who wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9znA_dwjHw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back