Cowon Plenue D
Jan 19, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #4,366 of 4,949
Hey, No problem.

The other option you could have is adding an amp. I don't need it personally but there's plenty of Plenue D users that pair it with an amp and love using it that way.

I'm sure someone could help you out with that, if needed, eventually.
Yeah, that's another option but to be honest in that case I could have bought a bigger and probably stronger player which drives better the cans without an extra amp.
Portability and sound quality were my priorities, I prefer keeping it simple (for some people the DAP in itself is an unnecessary extra gadget, not speaking of an amp :D )

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #4,367 of 4,949
I will play with it at home and try to set up the PD according to my preferences, thanks. I do not hear the imbalance anymore luckily, I found here in the forum the settings of a member and the sound improvement was pretty good! However, I still find the Colorfly better funnily...
In spite of the C3´s super annoying primitive UI and its limitations I find the sound simply better. I bought the Plenue because of its features, more user friendly interface and extremely long battery life (hoping that the sound will be great out of the box). If the sound quality will not be on the level of the Colorfly, I will sell the PD and buy a new C3 for the friction of the cowon´s price..
To be honest I think it is simply ridiculous that the PD for its price does not have the desired sound quality out of the box without having to fool around with the EQ.

If you find Plenue D really not for you, instead of looking at another C3, why not check out
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/colorfly-c10-colorfly-is-back.764823/
You may pop over that thread if you need to ask any questions.
Also, have at look at what Massdrop and Joybuy have in offer.

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #4,368 of 4,949
I'm late to the party but I just got a Plenue D today.

I'm surprised by how small it is and how good it sounds. I wanted the 100 hr battery rating. I already have a P1. I haven't gone back to the P1 to try and compare but on initial listen w/ my EE Zeus I notice a little bit a hiss, so it's less black, not enough to impact listening. Otherwise sounds good enough to me. I'm pretty happy. Debating if I get a big (128gb) memory card as I find navigation a little harder than the P1 on the smaller screen. I'm not sure I want to try and scroll through 5000 items anyways.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #4,370 of 4,949
Eeeeeee
[EDIT : written by my phone inside my pocket :wink: ]

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #4,372 of 4,949
Hello I am a new subscriber who has recently purchased a Plenue D but like other subscribers have been experiencing difficulties when trying to transfer music files onto a micro sd card. I have formatted the card to FAT32 then copy and pasted files from my iTunes folder (.m4a files) onto the card. The first tranche of files transferred correctly. However when I tried to transfer more the following day issues arose. Although once the file transfer completes the files are shown in the folder once I turn on he Plenue and the database updates, although the folder is shown for the artist. Within the folder it reads no file. This is becoming very frustrating and any advice fellow subscribers would have would be much appreciated.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4,376 of 4,949
I think the file named "music" on the sd card is mandatory to get it work properly.
The Sd card must be formated FAT32

here are the formats supported according to Plenue D manual
FLAC / WAV / AIFF / ALAC / APE / MP3 / WMA / OGG 2)
Codecs audio FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC : ~24bit/192kHz - 32bit WAV, WAV Tag Supporting MP3 : MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3, ~320kbps WMA : ~320kbps, ~48kHz APE :
Compression rate (~16bit/48kHz) OGG : ~Q10, ~44.1kHz
Lyrics LDB, LRC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back