Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last
  1. dragulievic
    Yeah, that's another option but to be honest in that case I could have bought a bigger and probably stronger player which drives better the cans without an extra amp.
    Portability and sound quality were my priorities, I prefer keeping it simple (for some people the DAP in itself is an unnecessary extra gadget, not speaking of an amp :D )

2. puppyfi
    If you find Plenue D really not for you, instead of looking at another C3, why not check out
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/colorfly-c10-colorfly-is-back.764823/
    You may pop over that thread if you need to ask any questions.
    Also, have at look at what Massdrop and Joybuy have in offer.

3. phase0
    I'm late to the party but I just got a Plenue D today.

I'm surprised by how small it is and how good it sounds. I wanted the 100 hr battery rating. I already have a P1. I haven't gone back to the P1 to try and compare but on initial listen w/ my EE Zeus I notice a little bit a hiss, so it's less black, not enough to impact listening. Otherwise sounds good enough to me. I'm pretty happy. Debating if I get a big (128gb) memory card as I find navigation a little harder than the P1 on the smaller screen. I'm not sure I want to try and scroll through 5000 items anyways.

4. DancingShaman
    Can someone enlighten me as to why there is a cap on sd card capacity? Why can't one utilize a 400gb sd with this player?

Cheers.

5. XP_98
    Eeeeeee
    [EDIT : written by my phone inside my pocket :wink: ]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  6. Fessy
    Can you reupload please? Links dead and I want to give it a try.

7. number11z
    Hello I am a new subscriber who has recently purchased a Plenue D but like other subscribers have been experiencing difficulties when trying to transfer music files onto a micro sd card. I have formatted the card to FAT32 then copy and pasted files from my iTunes folder (.m4a files) onto the card. The first tranche of files transferred correctly. However when I tried to transfer more the following day issues arose. Although once the file transfer completes the files are shown in the folder once I turn on he Plenue and the database updates, although the folder is shown for the artist. Within the folder it reads no file. This is becoming very frustrating and any advice fellow subscribers would have would be much appreciated.

8. motorbit
    have you tried to use a file format the player supports?

9. El Gringo
    and be sure to transfer your album/songs in a file named "music" on your memory card

10. number11z
    Thanks for the feedback. I will try transferring into a folder named music. Does anyone have information on the file format the Plenue D supports? Is this FAT32?

11. El Gringo
    I think the file named "music" on the sd card is mandatory to get it work properly.
    The Sd card must be formated FAT32

here are the formats supported according to Plenue D manual
    FLAC / WAV / AIFF / ALAC / APE / MP3 / WMA / OGG 2)
    Codecs audio FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC : ~24bit/192kHz - 32bit WAV, WAV Tag Supporting MP3 : MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3, ~320kbps WMA : ~320kbps, ~48kHz APE :
    Compression rate (~16bit/48kHz) OGG : ~Q10, ~44.1kHz
    Lyrics LDB, LRC

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  12. mdtolic
    Search the thread. I followed the steps from Jan 19, 2016 at 3:45 AM. Post #796 of 4375

13. motorbit
    if you mean a folder named music, it is not neccesary for the sd card.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  14. El Gringo
    my bad, thanks for the correct info

15. number11z
    I have managed to add a few extra files to micro sd although laptop will not now read card. Plenue D will though and will play files. Very confusing and frustrating.

First

Back
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last