Cowon Plenue D
Jun 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,986 of 4,949
  headstage arrow is the best amp i tried and I use it with cowon d and ak380

without headstage arrow music would be boring coming out of daps alone

Agreed. Way more energy and heft to vocals for me. Bass makes the most difference on high energy tracks. I presume people have weak amps or low Ohm IEM's and or listen at low levels will be the one's that say an amp is not needed and that would be true. Anything else would not be true. It's hard to tell the difference but there is a slight difference. Plus I like an amp as I can quickly adjust the volume for different track recordings as I don't like to modify the music to normalize the volume like others do.

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,987 of 4,949
Whats the score with trying to use micro sd cards with different mp3 players..
Would a normal sandisc micro sd card of 64gb which as been fitted to another player and full of music , but left alone, not formatted etc.. which works fine. ...
Can you swop around....... or do you have to format the cards ...
I have bever yet had to format any of my cards....
Is this common for decent mp3 players ?

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #2,988 of 4,949
Whats the score with trying to use micro sd cards with different mp3 players..
Would a normal sandisc micro sd card of 64gb which as been fitted to another player and full of music , but left alone, not formatted etc.. which works fine. ...
Can you swop around....... or do you have to format the cards ...
I have bever yet had to format any of my cards....
Is this common for decent mp3 players ?

Depends how the micro SD card was formatted and the players in question. By default, larger cards (64GB+) are formatted for exFAT, so if you try to use it in a player that doesn't support exFAT, you'll need to format the card to FAT32.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,989 of 4,949
Discovered the problem! (Noise during the exchange of track) -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/812142/cowon-plenue-d-problem-noise-during-the-exchange-of-track

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #2,990 of 4,949
Have a strange new problem.

Added some tracks, the player either freezes or does an odd scan through tracks in an album.  Hard reboot allows browsing, but as soon as a track is selected it freezes again.  Tried redoing 1.13 firmware upgrade, same thing happens, deleted the tracks that caused the problem, same again.

Any ideas?  This thing desperately needs a factory reset option

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,991 of 4,949
  Have a strange new problem.

Added some tracks, the player either freezes or does an odd scan through tracks in an album.  Hard reboot allows browsing, but as soon as a track is selected it freezes again.  Tried redoing 1.13 firmware upgrade, same thing happens, deleted the tracks that caused the problem, same again.

Any ideas?  This thing desperately needs a factory reset option

I'm a little confused. 

"deleted the tracks that caused the problem"
This sounds like the problem is caused by some tracks, but other tracks play fine, correct?

"same again"
So problem occurs again after deleting the problematic tracks. Is this with different tracks now? Or are these tracks that you copied back to the player/card after deleting them?

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #2,992 of 4,949
Hi clee290

Thanks for coming back - to clarify:

I have assumed that the new tracks caused the problem, this may not be true.  So I deleted them to see if somehow the problem might be related to a memory issue related to them.  But this might be a red herring. 

The problem exists now the new tracks have been deleted.  To make the problem more clear:

1.I hard reboot (- and + volume) 
2.The reboot happens
3.Returns me to the track list
4.Can use the menu to navigate to settings, tools etc, and to artists and albums
5.When I click a track the player shows the play screen with the track listed, the pause button appears suggesting it is playing, but the unit is now frozen and the seconds counter at 0

As I mentioned before the only thing I could think of is updating the firmware to see if that cleared things, but this did't work.

Apologies, my prior post lacked enough detail, appreciate any thoughts on this

Cheers

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2,993 of 4,949
Hm, I'm not really sure, unfortunately. Do you have your music on the player's built-in storage or a micro SD card? If it's on the player's storage, does the problem occur if you put your music on a micro SD card instead (or vice versa)?

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,994 of 4,949
  Hm, I'm not really sure, unfortunately. Do you have your music on the player's built-in storage or a micro SD card? If it's on the player's storage, does the problem occur if you put your music on a micro SD card instead (or vice versa)?

just put inside internal storage?

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,996 of 4,949
Jul 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,998 of 4,949

its better lol

rich kor kor spotted...
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back