Cowon Plenue D
Apr 17, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #2,251 of 4,949
  Would like to see a comparison of Cowon Plenue D vs Cowon M2?

As a long time S9 users, I would like to upgrade which I should be chosing?
Besides price ranges, any differences between two?

Opinions welcomed :)

I'm sure this has been done here already, perhaps do a little research for 'M2' in this thread and see what comes up. IIRC their were a few differences in opinion ranging from 'there is hardly any difference at all' to 'it's night and day difference' lol, which camp you belong to is hard to say till you try first hand.

But there are some major differences between the two DAPs;

- M2 is resistive screen, PD capacitive, however M2 does video, PD does not.
- PD has a few more features in it's UI, a slightly later version of Jet Effect and multiple playlist support, as well as the ability to rename playlists I believe
- If yer driving cans rather than IEMs then the PD may well do a better job
- If yer driving IEMs then you may not notice much difference between the two, depending upon IEM of course
- The M2 may put out a noticeable hiss whereas the PD silent, but again volume, settings and headphone choice may dictate much of that
- The M2 is roughly half the price of the PD
- PD supports higher bitrate
- PD lags a bit, whereas ironically you might find the M2 actually quite quick and fluid to navigate (tho I am speculating here a little basing some of my guess work on owning a C2).

You use the term 'upgrade', and as such I think the PD is considered a upgrade, even spec and feature wise it's hard to argue that. The M2 is more of a replacement for the S9.

To be sure not many people seem to be disappointed with the PD purchase, it's pretty well regarded, whereas on the other hand I have found some people sell on a M2 within a few days of owning.

Personally I would go for a PD, just for reducing hiss alone, but hey I'm a anti-hiss freak.

Have a search, the comparison has been made.

Good luck,

Bruce

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #2,252 of 4,949
Would like to see a comparison of Cowon Plenue D vs Cowon M2?

Better than the M2 but in sq terms, not such a big difference. Certainly easier to navigate even with the lag (fw1.11). Imo the PD is a positive upgrade from any previous cowon except the higher plenue models.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2,253 of 4,949
Better than the M2 but in sq terms, not such a big difference. Certainly easier to navigate even with the lag (fw1.11). Imo the PD is a positive upgrade from any previous cowon except the higher plenue models.
True but it does have some attributes better than the higher models such as: Battery, Size, Weight, and price.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #2,254 of 4,949
Thats true jmills8, should have stated it was in pure sq terms.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #2,255 of 4,949
have a look about PD leather case
I think it's little thick, if you like compact carrying, not recommend
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,256 of 4,949
  have a look about PD leather case
jecklinsmile.gif

Even with the case it's still smaller than any other player. I would not want a case that was any thinner as a drop from a significant height and any thinner of a case would not protect it very well. I think this case is perfect and well built. I recommend it.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,257 of 4,949
jecklinsmile.gif

I can put it in my Shirt pocket. What's not compact about that?

The case is far from perfect but it does what it's designed to do.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,261 of 4,949
Anybody have pics with a black background/white font on their PD?

I recently found and dusted off my X5L. Charged it for 10 hours and the battery is holding a full charge! I don't remember replacing the battery, but I must have. lol It's been a long time or I'm getting old.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back