Cowon Plenue D
Feb 12, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,261 of 4,949
I can completely understand why once people own a Cowon Player, it's hard for them to switch to something else. The JetFx is awesome. Sadly, iBasso and Fiio don't offer anything like this, so it's a nice feature I'm really enjoying. Even if it does cause the sound to sound a little artificial, and less organic, but that's because you're altering the sound stage; however, don't take me saying that it's artificial as a bad thing.. It's very cool, which makes listening to music fun again, vs just a detail match off.. Sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the music for what it is.. Music.. Lol..

Very true, I am managing my listening pleasure with Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and I love the Tube effect, it takes off the edge a little bit, sounds creamy, and far far away from what the original intent was, but I can give my own twist to it, and make it mine I guess, that's exactly what you are saying it's the flexibility, that's what's so attractive. I guess there is place for both these players for different reasons.

Thanks.

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,262 of 4,949
Okay, so the Sub-Bass is kicking through now, just had to alter the EQ for the rest of the frequencies into the negatives,
135hz (-12), 220hz (-6), 780hz (-6), 1.8khz (-6), 11.7khz (-4) all set for Wide... These settings give me astounding visceral bass!! Sure a bit uncontrolled, but because of the power of this thing, the rest of the frequencies aren't distorted. I couldn't make such a powerful bass response out of the Fiio's and iBasso DX80.. That's for sure.. Due to that alone, I'm really happy with it..

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,263 of 4,949
Okay, so the Sub-Bass is kicking through now, just had to alter the EQ for the rest of the frequencies into the negatives,
135hz (-12), 220hz (-6), 780hz (-6), 1.8khz (-6), 11.7khz (-4) all set for Wide... These settings give me astounding visceral bass!! Sure a bit uncontrolled, but because of the power of this thing, the rest of the frequencies aren't distorted. I couldn't make such a powerful bass response out of the Fiio's and iBasso DX80.. That's for sure.. Due to that alone, I'm really happy with it..

Is the picture of your EQ setting possible?

Thanks.

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,264 of 4,949

Have you messed with BBE and Mach3 Bass effects? I've seen them mentioned on the basshead threads a bunch.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,265 of 4,949
BBE, Headphone 3 , BBEVIVA

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,266 of 4,949
Have you messed with BBE and Mach3 Bass effects? I've seen them mentioned on the basshead threads a bunch.

Thanks, I'll have to check out the bass heads thread and do a search for Plenue D.

In reference to a picture, sure, I'll have to post a couple of pictures, as you all know there isn't a single screen that shows all the EQ settings.. As soon as I get a free moment, in about an hour I'll have pictures up.

Oh, and absolutely yes, I've adjusted the BBE and Mach3Bass! On the settings I posted earlier, the Mach3Bass is what produced the Sub-Bass frequencies, or at least, that's how I figure the Sub-Bass is being generated, because I had the 135hz all the way down to -12.. So it definitely helps.. But I had to drop the Mid-bass frequencies out.. There wasn't enough rumble and too much boom.. I've been using it all day now.. I'm really taking a liking to it.. I dislike that the screen isn't HD, but I guess you have to settle somewhere for battery life..

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #1,268 of 4,949
The majority of everything I listen to right now, all fits on the internal memory... Just because I have over 80 gbs, doesn't mean I listen to it all anymore.. A lot of it I downloaded and at the time I liked, but after a while it got old quick, and can't bring myself to delete some of it.. I need to go through a phrge one day soon.. Maybe since it's the weekend I can do it this weekend.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,269 of 4,949
Just made the plunge for the z5 and the mdr 7550, the cowon really benefits from powerful bass and a good amp, depends on your pocket, but recomend , first the least expensive and great,fiio andes, fiio 17, 17k, 18kunlun,12e,and the desktop by fiio09 and docking dac, andes or 17,we you get the idea they sound stellar

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #1,270 of 4,949
Okay. So I have my settings for just all around good use for almost all my music genres.. And then there is my Basshead variant.. The first is my primary sound that I use for all around music use.

The next is my Bass version, as you can see from the volume level, you will need to turn the volume up, but for me personally, I have to have those Sub-Bass frequencies shine through on certain albums. Artists such as Born of Osiris, or Breakdown of Sanity, Volumes require the Deep bass for their heavy use of Bass drops. Hopefully you all find these useful if anything to give you all different ways of using the custom presets.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #1,271 of 4,949
Just wanted to say that I very happy with this new DAP and it is much
better then the J3 in terms of sound quality and output strength.

But even after updating to 1.10 it is still a little lagging in songs list view...

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,273 of 4,949
I have an issue with double albums being messed up because it doesn't seem to respect the disc tag. Is the only way to fix this to go through my entire collection and re tag them with different track tags? Seems a bit poor if it is but searching headfi it seems to be a cowon issue that dates back years 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back