Cowon Plenue D
Feb 14, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #1,277 of 4,949
Hello everyone, Does anyone know if there is software that gives download lyrics to many songs together and how you can see lyrics in Plenue d. Thanks.

I may be able to assist.

Cowon reads .lrc files. I use foobar along with adding the component foo_uie_lyrics3.dll (google it, or google Lyric Show 3). You can highlight a single file, album or entire collection and set it off to retrieve the lyric .lrc file for that song (if it has success in finding it). Furthermore you can stipulate that the .lrc file be saved in the same folder as the track also with the same identical file name. This is often required for things like DAPs to display lyrics. I can confirm it works on my AP100, I would hazard a guess it should work for Cowon DAPs too.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,281 of 4,949
I may be able to assist.

Cowon reads .lrc files. I use foobar along with adding the component foo_uie_lyrics3.dll (google it, or google Lyric Show 3). You can highlight a single file, album or entire collection and set it off to retrieve the lyric .lrc file for that song (if it has success in finding it). Furthermore you can stipulate that the .lrc file be saved in the same folder as the track also with the same identical file name. This is often required for things like DAPs to display lyrics. I can confirm it works on my AP100, I would hazard a guess it should work for Cowon DAPs too.

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,283 of 4,949
Who else here likes their music loud? I mean really loud?
When other users say "I need it on around 65%" that doesn't make much sense to me so I need somebody's opinion who is a bit like me.
With my external DAC plugged into my PC or Samsung Note 3 I can get the volume so my Fidue A83s say 'no more' so is this player capable of getting to high volumes.
Would Slayer be in the room with me if I turned the volume up?

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #1,284 of 4,949
When other users say "I need it on around 65%" that doesn't make much sense to me so I need somebody's opinion who is a bit like me.
With my external DAC plugged into my PC or Samsung Note 3 I can get the volume so my Fidue A83s say 'no more' so is this player capable of getting to high volumes.
Lamb Of God will.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #1,285 of 4,949
lol no one knows how to format internal memory
frown.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,286 of 4,949

It simply depends on the settings and the IEMs I'm using at the moment. Sometimes I pump it into the 70's..

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,287 of 4,949
  I have an issue with double albums being messed up because it doesn't seem to respect the disc tag. Is the only way to fix this to go through my entire collection and re tag them with different track tags? Seems a bit poor if it is but searching headfi it seems to be a cowon issue that dates back years 
frown.gif

Am I the only one with this issue? When I sync double albums which play in the correct order on other mp3 players and my windows desktop to the Plenue D the tracks are played in this order:

1-01 (Disc 1 - Track 1)
2-01 (Disc 2 - Track 1)
1-02 (Disc 1 - Track 2)
2-02 (Disc 2 - Track 2)

i.e. it's ignoring the disc tag. Any easy fix I'm missing?

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,288 of 4,949
Am I the only one with this issue? When I sync double albums which play in the correct order on other mp3 players and my windows desktop to the Plenue D the tracks are played in this order:

1-01 (Disc 1 - Track 1)

2-01 (Disc 2 - Track 1)

1-02 (Disc 1 - Track 2)

2-02 (Disc 2 - Track 2)

i.e. it's ignoring the disc tag. Any easy fix I'm missing?

So far no.. Gladly!! Are use using the internal memory or the External Card.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,289 of 4,949

I do! I do! If yer ears still work when yer auld then you have failed! #lifegoals lol

No seriously, we did some polls on ABI and i seem to be a rare exception when it comes to volume playback, I seem to really like my sources loud.

Like, we did a Cowon poll, asking users what volume they normally listen to (volume scale on popular Cowon devices at this time was around 1-40). I was around 38-40/40 and that was with mp3gained files to 89db AND the eq was tweaked in such a way to surpass standard volume level! My wife would listen around 25/40, other users low 30's and some even not into double digits! I found it all very fascinating, the scale in spectrum of volume is truly interesting.
I was reading how one member here on headfi (I think this thread) was saying volume 1 was too loud! I find this most bizarre.

However I find my volume will fluctuate depending upon scenario. With my Hidizs AP100 (which has a very capable amp) I normally use it at work (as a cleaner) and sit it around close to max (75-80/80). Whereas on a recent flight I used it around 55-60/80 and was very content. So I have learned that different scenarios and environment can also dictate what volume feels 'right' for the user.

I feel as tho I am a user that really pushes DAP to their fullest (sound wise), always judging how well it can handle significant volumes whilst maintaining distortion free environment. Honestly I am jealous of those users who listen at far lower volumes (yet seem to be adequately content), it means their DAP world is open up far more than what mine is. For example, Cowon's 'E' range of DAPs (E2, E3) are not sufficiently loud enough and top volume, I either need to significantly apply DSPs or mp3gain tracks at higher levels).

I am not a Can man, meaning all my portable listening is done with IEMs. I have always found all Cowon's sufficient in this regard with the exception of the 'E' Range. The only cans I own are for PC and are driven by a Fiio E9+E7 USB DAC combo. They are the Samson SR950's Studio Monitors. Connecting these directly to even the AP100 can result in a less than stellar performance, they really require significant juice. So unless you're connecting something as difficult to drive as the SR950's I should imagine the PD will be more than sufficient for achieving deafening volumes (distortion free of course).

FWIW I find stock Android too quiet. I have in the past had to root devices and 'lift' the mixer_path volume limits that the manufactuerer imposes to gain adequate volumes. I really liked the Hum Pervasion but it's 4-6hrs battery life was a deal breaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back