Cowon Plenue D
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,231 of 4,949
I just pulled the trigger and ordered one for myself.. I love the style of it, but most of all the feature I find most interesting is the JetEffects and BBE.. I love the ability to alter the sound stage.. That was the biggest reason I loved using Viper4Android all these years.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #1,232 of 4,949
So I was initially being snobby and loading up flac files (my CDs ripped with Nero) only, but then I tried out a few mp3s too and although I haven't done a direct comparison between the formats using the same song, I have to say the sound this little player delivers is really amazing. I listened to some modern Fado (Mariza) and was blown away by the clarity of her voice. But the flac vs mp3 debate isn't really this topic of discussion here is it? 100hrs versus 50hrs says it might be though :wink:

One little thing that annoys me is that if I need to pause a track to talk to someone, after about 1 or 2 mins only, the device powers down. This doesn't seem to be a setting that I can change as I have the sleep setting to 10 mins.

Anyone have any bright ideas here?
Turn on sleep mode

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #1,238 of 4,949
Just ordered one from Gmarket. They cancelled my order at first and requested and ID to make sure I was the owner of the Paypal account and they didn't accept my passport! Everything worked out in the end though. Great sound quality and amazing battery life? Count me in :D 

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #1,241 of 4,949
Just returned with my new DAP 
smile.gif
 !!!

Updating to the new 1.10 firmware...

Thanks for all the help...

I will write more after I will finish all the updates...

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #1,243 of 4,949
  the cowon d is maybe eben stronger than the ak380 that I have without amp

every dap needs an amp end of story like Jmills said

No it is not. The AK380 requires a -6dB padding when I measure it. The Plenue D requires a +0dB pad, and returns an output just slightly less than an iPhone 6. Strong enough for most headphones, but not as strong as the AK380.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #1,244 of 4,949
i dont know man when i use my ak380 with sony xba z5 it sounds dull and lifeless and if i raise volume to above 105 it just becomes shouty, again i am not a believer in measurements

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,245 of 4,949
  i dont know man when i use my ak380 with sony xba z5 it sounds dull and lifeless and if i raise volume to above 105 it just becomes shouty, again i am not a believer in measurements

I don't understand why you would not 'believe' in measurements. There is an objective reality to the output of every device, and it is measured in volts. There is a subjective reality that is just anything goes and woo woo. How can you believe in woo woo but not 'believe' in measurements? It's like this: I may believe that you're 267cm tall, but that doesn't change the reality that you're actually 176cm tall. You can believe anything you want, but that doesn't make it real, true, or right. It just makes it comfy for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back