Cowon Plenue D
Jan 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #766 of 4,949
  AMP3 they had a 16% discount or something like that, you can get it now for 180£ there is a 10% code going around

it is stll out of stock for more than 10 days.
I still wait for a leather case fron Ue sites...
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon.609/COWONPD/Cowon_Plenue_D__PD__High_Resolution_32GB_Music_Player_with_microSD_Expansion_Slot.14754.html?amp3sid=ju8o15o8ankuu4ss0g5akurob4

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #767 of 4,949
  it is stll out of stock for more than 10 days.
I still wait for a leather case fron Ue sites...
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon.609/COWONPD/Cowon_Plenue_D__PD__High_Resolution_32GB_Music_Player_with_microSD_Expansion_Slot.14754.html?amp3sid=ju8o15o8ankuu4ss0g5akurob4

It is out of stock for a week :) they will honor the discount code anyway and I haven't found it anywhere else for that price in stock anyway.

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #768 of 4,949
For portable because of the battery the d is good, maybe for critical listening the others are, remember their all good, but the d is for on the move specially in the big apple, I love my x5, and j haven't received my xduoox3, and to have a collection I'm thinking ak120 2, one of the ibassos, dx series, but now I can't see myself on the go with big stuff, unless I'm going to the park, and I can take my phone , note 3 with the 18k kunlun awesome combo, sounds incredible, plus wifi, but I also have my note 8.0 and 10, but the ten is too big , now the 8 is perfect with its case, battery, and a nice amp dac , doesn't really needed they come with a wolfson ,let people know, I wanna get the flc8s, I heard it's great and I wanted the lza2, but I had it and I think my brother took it to dominican republic, dqsm is nice I heard but I already have the sony xba a3, so that's the reason I want the fl8cs it has 36 configurations, after that I will stop buying stuff until next year, and then it's time to download music and movies and enjoy all this equipment and we have no time to do critical and enjoyable listening, I'll back off a little from the sites you have to make freaking time,mother wise whats the use.lol, I'll keep you guys posted ,I love this site, I heard the macaw rt10 is really nice not like the macaw gt100s, but close with more thundering basssssssssssssss, yeah jh budddyyy, love music ,all type.

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #769 of 4,949
The 16% discount code off Advanced MP3 players finished at the start of January but several voucher code sites are still showing it as active until Feb 1st. Took a punt and sent them an email notifying them that the 16% code is still being pushed. They replied within the hour and provided me with a working 16% code against my account to use at the checkout. Worked out at £155 when going through Quidco (8% cashback).

The most obvious difference between the P1 and D is the heat. The D barely gets mildly warm after hours of play but the P1 gets really hot after 30 mins playback. I nodded off one night with the Plenue 1 on my chest and it became uncomfortably hot enough to wake me up. On the plus side it saves on the heating bills.

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #770 of 4,949
  The 16% discount code off Advanced MP3 players finished at the start of January but several voucher code sites are still showing it as active until Feb 1st. Took a punt and sent them an email notifying them that the 16% code is still being pushed. They replied within the hour and provided me with a working 16% code against my account to use at the checkout. Worked out at £155 when going through Quidco (8% cashback).

The most obvious difference between the P1 and D is the heat. The D barely gets mildly warm after hours of play but the P1 gets really hot after 30 mins playback. I nodded off one night with the Plenue 1 on my chest and it became uncomfortably hot enough to wake me up. On the plus side it saves on the heating bills.

I already bought mine but how can you get 8% on quidco for AMP3? The best I saw was 4.5

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #772 of 4,949
I was happy and I still am, I ordered the case and now I'm cutting a screen protector for it and I'm getting a little stylus pen,that can be carried with the case I put all of them into,the 32gb is handy until I receive my sd cards

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #773 of 4,949
I just got the unit. Have to say its a thing of beauty!  And much smaller then I expected. But feels lovely and solid in my hands.  Sound impressions later.

But I cant seem to figure out how to scan the micro sd slot for songs to add to the library.  I tried both a 128GB and  a 200GB Fat32 formatted cards with songs. I did the scan library option to yes. It says scanning for a while then it exits to the option.  But no songs are seen or added.  I read somewhere that the scan library option is for the internal memory only.  Any ideas? I must be missing something simple.  

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #774 of 4,949
I just got the unit. Have to say its a thing of beauty!  And much smaller then I expected. But feels lovely and solid in my hands.  Sound impressions later.

But I cant seem to figure out how to scan the micro sd slot for songs to add to the library.  I tried both a 128GB and  a 200GB Fat32 formatted cards with songs. I did the scan library option to yes. It says scanning for a while then it exits to the option.  But no songs are seen or added.  I read somewhere that the scan library option is for the internal memory only.  Any ideas? I must be missing something simple.  
I turned unit on and insert.

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #776 of 4,949
I turned unit on and insert.

I found out the issue. Apparently the program I used to format the card as fat32 is somehow not compatible with the plenue D.  It works fine with my notebook and my questyle qp1r. Just that somehow the plenue d does not recognise the card.  

Does the plenue D recognise music files in directory 2 or 3 levels down? Or does it only recognise files one layer down? 

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #777 of 4,949
  I found out the issue. Apparently the program I used to format the card as fat32 is somehow not compatible with the plenue D.  It works fine with my notebook and my questyle qp1r. Just that somehow the plenue d does not recognise the card.  

Does the plenue D recognise music files in directory 2 or 3 levels down? Or does it only recognise files one layer down? 

Don't format with Windows Vista or higher as I found that past Cowon players causes errors.
Use this (follow the simple guide) http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Often 64gb and higher micro sd cards are formatted in exFAT. I remember the J3 only worked with over 32gb cards when formatted in FAT32 and recent edition of Windows tends to be problematic when formatting to FAT32. I actually got a 64gb micro SDXC to work in the J3 by using the method below. GUIFormat is free and doesn't need to be installed.

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #778 of 4,949
Jan 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #779 of 4,949
For portable because of the battery the d is good, maybe for critical listening the others are, remember their all good, but the d is for on the move specially in the big apple, I love my x5, and j haven't received my xduoox3, and to have a collection I'm thinking ak120 2, one of the ibassos, dx series, but now I can't see myself on the go with big stuff, unless I'm going to the park, and I can take my phone , note 3 with the 18k kunlun awesome combo, sounds incredible, plus wifi, but I also have my note 8.0 and 10, but the ten is too big , now the 8 is perfect with its case, battery, and a nice amp dac , doesn't really needed they come with a wolfson ,let people know, I wanna get the flc8s, I heard it's great and I wanted the lza2, but I had it and I think my brother took it to dominican republic, dqsm is nice I heard but I already have the sony xba a3, so that's the reason I want the fl8cs it has 36 configurations, after that I will stop buying stuff until next year, and then it's time to download music and movies and enjoy all this equipment and we have no time to do critical and enjoyable listening, I'll back off a little from the sites you have to make freaking time,mother wise whats the use.lol, I'll keep you guys posted ,I love this site, I heard the macaw rt10 is really nice not like the macaw gt100s, but close with more thundering basssssssssssssss, yeah jh budddyyy, love music ,all type.
I'd love a little comparison between xduoo x3 and the D. I have x3 now, but considering picking up the plenue as the J3 is my all time favorite. Sure its been surpassed now, but for its time, it had size, power, sound, battery life, and fun jet effect/bbe+.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #780 of 4,949
I'd love a little comparison between xduoo x3 and the D. I have x3 now, but considering picking up the plenue as the J3 is my all time favorite. Sure its been surpassed now, but for its time, it had size, power, sound, battery life, and fun jet effect/bbe+.
when you get the D you planning to sell the xduoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back