Cowon Plenue D
Jan 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #738 of 4,949
Jmills, jmills, hawaii, hawaii, all I have to say is omg, how can something so small sound this ffggfgfggg good, I have it on with my xb 90,at 52, remember I just got most of my things, so nothing is burned in, but I haven't even used the bbe equalizer, the sound is so smooth, my god its the size of a large sansa clip, it's just a as beautiful as my x5, warm smooth with authority, I haven't tried the ue trifi10, or my sony xba a3, or my macawgt100s, or even my sony xb50 which was my starting point to bass in earbuds, because my v moda.crossfade.lp with my yamaha tuner headphone jack was great then I got the fiio desktop amp with the docking dac, the andes or 17k, and for the gym the 12e. So far everything Hawaii or you guys have recomend ed is awesome, I might want another player, I have the xduoox3 coming in,I don't need wifi because with my note cell and my two note tablets they are awesome the 10 inch and 8, they come with wolfson ampdac, they never told anyone until I read on it, but back to the d, I think I might stick to the cowon, pretty amazing sound now let's play with the eq, jajajjjajajajjajjaj

Jan 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #740 of 4,949
Now I'm listening to the cowon d with the 07k andes by fiio, it's awesome, its just that I like extra power in reserve like I have with 12e, but then again it's not like I need it for the xb90, I would blow them , I guess honestly it fine with the andes 07k or even the 17k actually much better but both excellent the andes is on special for 60 new and the 17k 90, so it's all affordable, , honestly once you have xb90 you don't need anything else exempt good music and a player, this is a hobby so it is fun to change, can't wait to see how the macawgt100s pair up.lol, this is an expensive hobby ,but it can be a good one if you listen to sound advice from people that spend their money wisely y

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #741 of 4,949
I did not get my Plenue D yet, but my current player Cowon M2 best headphones are KRK KNS8400, as the reference for critical listening, and SoundMAGIC E80 on the move. Both headphones have relatively balanced frequency response, unbelievable special resolution and very good instantaneous dynamic range which helps utilize Cowon jetEffect BBE+ potentials. I’m attaching my four User presets as an example.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #742 of 4,949
  I did not get my Plenue D yet, but my current player Cowon M2 best headphones are KRK KNS8400, as the reference for critical listening, and SoundMAGIC E80 on the move. Both headphones have relatively balanced frequency response, unbelievable special resolution and very good instantaneous dynamic range which helps utilize Cowon jetEffect BBE+ potentials. I’m attaching my four User presets as an example.

Be keen to hear your thoughts on the difference between the M2 and Plenue D. I'm imagining very little if any difference to be audible, other than the PD suffering less hiss. Please lemme know what you think.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #743 of 4,949
I noticed that the Cowon Plenue D on amazon and sold by amazon is sold out.
Only the one that is sold by Jetaudio is available.
Does anyone have any idea when it will be back in stock?
Also, if it does come in stock how often does it go in and out of stock?
(I kind of wanted to buy it from amazon to save shipping costs. :p)

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #745 of 4,949
Wait there is no tax from JetAudio from where you are? I have to check that

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #746 of 4,949
If all you guys think The Plenue D sounds great for being small haven't tried the Plenue P. I've tried D for it's better battery but after giving it a proper listen concluded that after being spoiled by the P1 SQ and 10 band EQ, I couldn't keep the D, which sadly isn't in the same league as the P1.  

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #747 of 4,949
If all you guys think The Plenue D sounds great for being small haven't tried the Plenue P. I've tried D for it's better battery but after giving it a proper listen concluded that after being spoiled by the P1 SQ and 10 band EQ, I couldn't keep the D, which sadly isn't in the same league as the P1.  
Thats your belief and so that is right for you. I enjoy both and will keep both but usually its the D going with me.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #748 of 4,949
Sounds like the p1 is nice but for the 299 the d is going for, it's a steal, and from sq comparisons it's not that much of a difference, now I personally would love to add it to the collection, by next year, some new ones will be out,and the p1 will be much cheaper, new and use.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #749 of 4,949
Thats your belief and so that is right for you. I enjoy both and will keep both but usually its the D going with me.

That's not my belief, it's a fact. The Burr Brown DAC and the way its implemented in the P1 is the Bee's knees. The wolfson and the sound out of the D isn't bad by any means, it's all relative. But relative to the P, the D just can't compete on anything but smaller size and better battery.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #750 of 4,949
Wow that sounds like the p sounds great but when it comes to battery and size the d is the winner, but if you like something with a bigger screen with great sound, and not as good battery you can go for the p1, I'll probably get it, for my collection, I like cowon, they also have a new model with better battery and sound, think is plenue s, it looks nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back