Cowon Plenue D
Jan 18, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #782 of 4,949
No way, I got the d, I hear the xduoo is nice also, and i like variety, specially for the gym., from twister review, he recommends it, I heard the xuelin 770c is not an inexpensive player either , good for having a collection and touchscreen is a plus.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #784 of 4,949
No way, I got the d, I hear the xduoo is nice also, and i like variety, specially for the gym., from twister review, he recommends it, I heard the xuelin 770c is not an inexpensive player either , good for having a collection and touchscreen is a plus.
Are there reviews that states not to buy a dap, iem or amp?

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #785 of 4,949
M+ost players once you add amp dac they are pretty awesome, I also 2ant the flc8s, have you heard them, I guess those should solve the rest of the problems ,I want a few complete sets, so all I have to do is just pick one and go, I have a few tablets,note, the 10 and 8 inch, both have wolfson, my note cell ,my laptop, +Rio x5 with 12e, cowon plenue with fiio 07k andes, my xduoo, I'll have to get a cheap amp, xduo sells one, but honestly, 12e is the best, now, they have a smls that last 100 hours a great pair up for the cowon, and I also would like one of the ibasso, dx 50, 90,80,100, or , and I heard they sound great with sony 7550, or ue 900s, once I get these other sets ill stop and start filling up my library, to get more would be counter productive library, thir is a difference between collecting and just being greedy

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #786 of 4,949
Are there reviews that states not to buy a dap, iem or amp?

To be fair.. You're correct.. It's very seldom that a reviewer will take the time to make a video and write up for a product in which he/she doesn't care for. However, I have seen multiple reviews post videos/write up to completely bash a product.
I watch those with a certain gratitude. Lol..
What we all have to remember, is that everyone has a certain level of expectations from their device. At $150 or $100 the X3 is definitely a viable option to fulfill a niche. Hence why everyone always prefaces with the statement, "For the price" lol

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #787 of 4,949
To be fair.. You're correct.. It's very seldom that a reviewer will take the time to make a video and write up for a product in which he/she doesn't care for. However, I have seen multiple reviews post videos/write up to completely bash a product.
I watch those with a certain gratitude. Lol..
What we all have to remember, is that everyone has a certain level of expectations from their device. At $150 or $100 the X3 is definitely a viable option to fulfill a niche. Hence why everyone always prefaces with the statement, "For the price" lol
these videos done by the person who BOUGHT the product or was GIVEN or LENT in order to review it by video or a written? Videos are posted where ? Haha yeah "for the price" I prefer "worth a lot more than I paid for"

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #788 of 4,949
these videos done by the person who BOUGHT the product or was GIVEN or LENT in order to review it by video or a written? Videos are posted where ?

Perfect example, most people love the Fiio X5ii, not this guy. http://youtu.be/l2mdrrWWrFI

Now granted, some of it may be his own doing, but he was NOT a happy camper. There are always two sides to every review. Sometimes, you just have to take the time to look.

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #790 of 4,949
It seems like he got a faulty pair, I found it funny, but it's sad, because he's like one out of a million, it's a shame.

Yeah, this is why I always come on to the "Reviews and impressions" page of the product I'm interested in buying. Actual owners of the device are more truthful and comprehensive with their views. As the have long term intimacy with the products, or as I like to call it, "Cuddle Time".

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #791 of 4,949
The d is awesome, the size the battery, it doesn't need an amp,dac stack ,but I do use one to get the same music at a lower volume, instead of having to go very high, but cowon is awesome , even at low volumes, you will hear all details, try the crystal clear setting it's amazing I use it with all my phones and iems, , it's so convenient ,my god ,its like a beeper, with quality sound of a fiio x5, I actually push you to buy, very nice, and you can see the album art in high def., with all info. Love it. Sounds nice with sony, xb90, xba a3, macaw gt100s, ue trifi10, xb50, jvc ha rx700, v moda.crossfade.lp crossfade, ath m50, sony 701ip, v moda 80,yeah, their okay in my book

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #792 of 4,949

How much did you buy your P1? If it was 1.5 times the D and the D goes for 300$ then you bought your P1 for 450? If that is the case then of course that's a great price.

The cheapest I have seen the P1 new around my parts of the world is £630 while the D £170... that's 3.5 times higher

It was a little more than that, I ended up buying the black Plenue P1 for $525 from Jetaudio around the holidays on Ebay. It was listed for $575, I made an offer as a shot in the dark and it was accepted. Jet Audio dropped their prices on the P1 around the time D was starting to leak and I couldn't pass it up, now I'm spoiled with it because the sound it reproduces is just a lovely warm analog signature that I absolutely adore.

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #793 of 4,949
these videos done by the person who BOUGHT the product or was GIVEN or LENT in order to review it by video or a written? Videos are posted where ? Haha yeah "for the price" I prefer "worth a lot more than I paid for"
do you have aurisonics harmony or forte? How are they with the D (my other dap is xduoo x3)....I'm torn between getting harmony or dunu new hybrids (if they release soon)

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #794 of 4,949
do you have aurisonics harmony or forte? How are they with the D (my other dap is xduoo x3)....I'm torn between getting harmony or dunu new hybrids (if they release soon)
I have both and both are top iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back