Cowon Plenue D
Jan 17, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #751 of 4,949
If all you guys think The Plenue D sounds great for being small haven't tried the Plenue P. I've tried D for it's better battery but after giving it a proper listen concluded that after being spoiled by the P1 SQ and 10 band EQ, I couldn't keep the D, which sadly isn't in the same league as the P1.  

Totally agree. My D is awesome and suites my needs but my PlenM has much better sq. It seems like the D beats other manufacturers players in the sub 500 mark. More totl players still have the edge. Although how good is a player if it runs out of battery within a day?

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #752 of 4,949
Totally agree. My D is awesome and suites my needs but my PlenM has much better sq. It seems like the D beats other manufacturers players in the sub 500 mark. More totl players still have the edge. Although how good is a player if it runs out of battery within a day?

Strictly for long time commute or long time walking, yes the P1 isn't that portable. But if you use it mostly around the house where battery isn't a huge concern, it's hard to beat the P1 in SQ, if you like the analog, warmer type of sound that is. Some ppl don't, but for those who do, it's really hard beating the P1, which has a great interface, no nonsense, no frills, just high rez analog music reproduction with enough punch to drive all the iems and full sized headphones I use. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #753 of 4,949
Wow that sounds like the p sounds great but when it comes to battery and size the d is the winner, but if you like something with a bigger screen with great sound, and not as good battery you can go for the p1, I'll probably get it, for my collection, I like cowon, they also have a new model with better battery and sound, think is plenue s, it looks nice
I go by sound not specs. U have both.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #754 of 4,949
  If all you guys think The Plenue D sounds great for being small haven't tried the Plenue P. I've tried D for it's better battery but after giving it a proper listen concluded that after being spoiled by the P1 SQ and 10 band EQ, I couldn't keep the D, which sadly isn't in the same league as the P1.  

I can't see what is so sad about it.
In my region, the P1 is currently priced 4 times of the D. It is not surprising to see P1 performs better.
The D is real small and beautifully crafted, has amazing battery life and respectable sound quality. For it's price I think it's a very very good device
I believe most of us here fully acknowledge that and appreciating it's merits.

My desktop setup sounds better too. But I still like the D, it's fantastic as a everywhere music box.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #755 of 4,949
  I can't see what is so sad about it.
In my region, the P1 is currently priced 4 times of the D. It is not surprising to see P1 performs better.
The D is real small and beautifully crafted, has amazing battery life and respectable sound quality. For it's price I think it's a very very good device
I believe most of us here fully acknowledge that and appreciating it's merits.

My desktop setup sounds better too. But I still like the D, it's fantastic as a everywhere music box.

Let's be fair, the P1 is priced twice as much as the D, not 4! Also for the sale price i've bought it for before the holidays, more like 1.5. I said sadly because some users like jmills8 claim it sounds as good. So i ended up trying one out and of course it isn't as good, but some ppl will post opinions and giddiness over a new product over facts, over what they should hear. It took me a couple of identical tracks on both units A/B testing to realize the D is a  notch below. Once again doesn't make the D a bad dap, it's a great little player, just not as good as the M or the P and definitely not comparable to the S

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #756 of 4,949

Let's be fair, the P1 is priced twice as much as the D, not 4! Also for the sale price i've bought it for before the holidays, more like 1.5. 

Than you are lucky, on my local market P1 is also something like 3-4x price of D.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 17, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #757 of 4,949
Let's be fair, the P1 is priced twice as much as the D, not 4! Also for the sale price i've bought it for before the holidays, more like 1.5. I said sadly because some users like jmills8 claim it sounds as good. So i ended up trying one out and of course it isn't as good, but some ppl will post opinions and giddiness over a new product over facts, over what they should hear. It took me a couple of identical tracks on both units A/B testing to realize the D is a  notch below. Once again doesn't make the D a bad dap, it's a great little player, just not as good as the M or the P and definitely not comparable to the S
Either way the D is good and I have both and I am keeping both. How about the P1 VS the D with a great amp, would that help the D?

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #758 of 4,949

ok I see your point.
In Australia, the only official dealer stocking both players has the D at 429 AUD and the P1 at 1749 AUD. I know there are some places selling the P1 for less than that but it will be at least 3-4 times the price. Where did you find such a good deal for P1?
I must say that subjective sound quality is not a quantifiable thing, so it is not always true to say A sounds better than B.
It takes time to adapt to a different sound and make a judgment if you are used to a sound.
And depending on personal taste, someone can love the sound of devices over others which cost 10 times more
Personally I don't make purchase decision based on online opinions for audio equipments.

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #759 of 4,949
I bought the D for £169. The P1 costs £721, the M is £540 here. The S? I'll let you know when I can find it here :p

We just don't have the luxury of choice that the US has here. It's a global community not an American one, not everyone has the competition or resources that the US enjoys.

The combination of sound, portability and battery life makes it a great choice for me. I'm happy with it, that's what matters.

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #760 of 4,949

How much did you buy your P1? If it was 1.5 times the D and the D goes for 300$ then you bought your P1 for 450? If that is the case then of course that's a great price.

The cheapest I have seen the P1 new around my parts of the world is £630 while the D £170... that's 3.5 times higher

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #761 of 4,949
I bought the D for £169. The P1 costs £721, the M is £540 here. The S? I'll let you know when I can find it here :p

We just don't have the luxury of choice that the US has here. It's a global community not an American one, not everyone has the competition or resources that the US enjoys.

The combination of sound, portability and battery life makes it a great choice for me. I'm happy with it, that's what matters.

Can I ask where you got the D for £169. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back