Cowon Plenue D
Aug 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3,136 of 4,949
Not directed to anyone. I used to feel that way but it's pointless sometimes to complain about people doing this or that really. I try to help regardless. Sometimes by the time the user can or even if there is an answer, I can answer them much faster, and it maybe even a more updated answer as things sometimes do change. Sure people can search but some are new users, some forget they can, some don't care etc. I try to be helpful none the less regardless. 

It's funny on another thread I am following someone said the same thing "Use the search it's annoying for people to keep asking the same question(s)." Then 3 others jumped in and said the same thing making the user feel stupid. That user went quiet. Then a day later a newbie posted a question that has been answered many times, LOL. No one wanted to reply because people who followed the thread knew the answer, some didn't care to reply of course. I knew I could of easily said "Use the search" etc. and leave it at that, but I wanted them to feel welcome as the tread is extremely long and it can take some time to find an answer sometimes. Anyways in this case it was an easy key word "Art" would of worked, but there was a lot to read through. So I gave the answer and in addition explained how to use the search. Maybe they will use it next time maybe they won't. Either way it's a message board to help, either they can help themselves or other members can help too. I'm sure the next person will come along and do it again and someone will post "Use the search" again. It will never end really.

biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #3,137 of 4,949
Well, yeah, I try to help as much as I can but it still feels like Groundhog Day sometimes. Hell, I just like learning, I guess. I love finding out how to do things myself. It won't stop me helping anyone but it won't stop me ranting about it, generically of course, every so often
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3,138 of 4,949
  Well, yeah, I try to help as much as I can but it still feels like Groundhog Day sometimes. Hell, I just like learning, I guess. I love finding out how to do things myself. It won't stop me helping anyone but it won't stop me ranting about it, generically of course, every so often
biggrin.gif

Right. The ideal end result is to help, (politely) and put negative thoughts, attitudes/remarks aside regardless how justified they maybe.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #3,139 of 4,949
maybe someone is interested. in my case i did two, one for the internal memory and one for the sd card. again, those are vector files, not only 32/128gb but the whole plenue d. i would happily share the source files:

in my finder on os x it looks like this:

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3,140 of 4,949
Hi fellow members, i post here really rare, but i've encountered to a minor flaw, the SQ after 1.14b1 update drastically decreased, i'm really so pissed over that. I used to love D, not anymore. I have no idea why it could've happened. Can you please tell - 1. have you experienced same thing? 2 can i roll back to v.1.13? and how?
my best regards, peace, 
D
ps. listen to it with JVC ha-fx850

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #3,142 of 4,949
How does this player sound without EQ and other sound enhancements? Comparable enough to the X3 II and DX50, sonically? They're similar price-wise and hence, my question.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,143 of 4,949
Hi All,

I am a latecomer here :) just purchased a plenue D which I am overall very happy with.

However, I have a slight problem with the micro-usb port. When I plug the cable in it's a bit moving left and right. It's not holding very very tight. Is that something you have too on yours ?

I can tell it's also moving on my macbook pro usb ports but I kind of feel here it's moving a bit more with the plenue D which I am concerned about.

If you could let me know that would be much appreciated.

btw: love the jet effects, I am usually not into "presets" but in fact it is great if you have different kind of headphones or output (if you use your PD on an autoradio) it is super useful.

Cheers pals.

Fred.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,144 of 4,949
  Hi All,

I am a latecomer here :) just purchased a plenue D which I am overall very happy with.

However, I have a slight problem with the micro-usb port. When I plug the cable in it's a bit moving left and right. It's not holding very very tight. Is that something you have too on yours ?

I can tell it's also moving on my macbook pro usb ports but I kind of feel here it's moving a bit more with the plenue D which I am concerned about.

If you could let me know that would be much appreciated.

btw: love the jet effects, I am usually not into "presets" but in fact it is great if you have different kind of headphones or output (if you use your PD on an autoradio) it is super useful.

Cheers pals.

Fred.

Try a different cable. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #3,145 of 4,949
  Hi fellow members, i post here really rare, but i've encountered to a minor flaw, the SQ after 1.14b1 update drastically decreased, i'm really so pissed over that. I used to love D, not anymore. I have no idea why it could've happened. Can you please tell - 1. have you experienced same thing? 2 can i roll back to v.1.13? and how?
my best regards, peace, 
D
ps. listen to it with JVC ha-fx850

1. have you experienced same thing?

No. I say with all certainty that in my Plenue D, the quality did not fall (I use the CIEM JH5).

2. can i roll back to v.1.13? and how?

Only access the site from Cowon through this link, download the firmware 1.13 and copy it to the internal memory as if it were a new firmware. By following these steps you will make the firmware downgrade.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #3,146 of 4,949
Aug 10, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #3,148 of 4,949
Hi guys is this considered an upgrade from the ibasso dx50? Used to be a user of a j3 that I lost on the plane along with my jh10x3, and been using a second hand dx50 but getting itchy to try something new.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #3,149 of 4,949
After having had my Plenue D for over two months now, i am really pleased with it (fw 1.13). The EQ. and sound is just awesome, I have used it with both IEMs, On Ear Headphones and as an Aux. in the Truck. Can't say that it has ever let me down. I can hear a lot of previously missed details, that I had not heard on previous DAPs (iPod, Sansa, X1, and even the Jr.), which makes relistening to Albums a treat now. Prviously I ran an iPod Classic 5th Gen with LOD to a C5D, and am glad that this little Plenue D is rocking so well. No issue's, and am not planning to do the fw upgrade, staying with 1.13.

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #3,150 of 4,949
do u think the cowon d could get a usb line out update, it would be a perfect transport to mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back