Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #2,701 of 3,200

Quote:
Quote:

- Lock button useless - can be pressed by mistake while in a back or pocket

It may not be the biggest issue, but this can also be changed so that ''Lock'' also locks the buttons. Just thought I'd say that incase.

It locks the butons but not itself. Te player can be locked in a pocket, but a single press of the lock button unlocks everything. A lock button should be a mechanical one.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #2,703 of 3,200
I never unlocked the player by accident after a year of use, but its may be due to the protection "Ringke" I use with it.

Anyway it's not a phone and the only risk is to drain the battery in my humble opinion.

Quote:
It locks the butons but not itself. Te player can be locked in a pocket, but a single press of the lock button unlocks everything. A lock button should be a mechanical one.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #2,704 of 3,200

Quote:
I never unlocked the player by accident after a year of use, but its may be due to the protection "Ringke" I use with it.

Anyway it's not a phone and the only risk is to drain the battery in my humble opinion.

Quote:

I know there is no risk apart from battery drain, but still believe to be a design flaw. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2,705 of 3,200

Quote:

I know there is no risk apart from battery drain, but still believe to be a design flaw. 

A minor one imo. Have had the player for well over a year, never once accidentally unlocked it. And mechanical locks aren't perfect either, as they can be moved while inside a pocket as well. I've actually unlocked my D2 before, but not my J3. Perhaps the button locking system works better for me. Granted, the iPod locking mechanism was perfect, solid and hard to undo by mistake. But for what its worth, the J3 works for me, which is what is important. 

The USB force thing improves over time too. I had issue with that in the beginning as well. Or it could be that I got used to it... 

I also never thought the J3 felt cheap. I still put a Ringke case on it, but I never questioned its build quality, except for the usb port cover... That should have either been made better or done away with entirely. Everything else is dandy. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2,708 of 3,200
So, just picked it up and i just have to say that the usb-cable isn't that great. It doesn't really fit and the slighest nudge disconnects it.

Edit: Righty.. just had to push it in with force. It felt like there was a stop but nope. No problem.

#whitepeopleproblems

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,710 of 3,200

Quote:
^ Cowon employs professional trolls.
biggrin.gif

Hey, it felt like it was just about stuck there. Wouldn't want to force it in on the first date, would ya?

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #2,711 of 3,200
Cowon players are generally a lot better then a Sony or a Apple. Bloated bass can be good bass if you tend to enjoy hearing bass. Seems many grew up listening to what their father played which was no bass. If your music coming out of your Cowon sounds  so called "bloaty" then maybe its the earphone, its cable or you can use the power given to you and EQ the bass down or raise the treble.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #2,712 of 3,200

Quote:
Cowon players are generally a lot better then a Sony or a Apple. Bloated bass can be good bass if you tend to enjoy hearing bass. Seems many grew up listening to what their father played which was no bass. If your music coming out of your Cowon sounds  so called "bloaty" then maybe its the earphone, its cable or you can use the power given to you and EQ the bass down or raise the treble.

Are you for real? I would really like to see how many of those Sony players you've had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back