Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #1,711 of 3,200

Quote:
I do usually wear jeans BTW, so the big pockets help A LOT.

Jeans? PAH. Cargo pants are the way to go! (Well, them and Tripps, but I don't own anywhere near as many Tripps as I do generic cargo pants.) If I ever leave the apartment with my J3, I'm carrying in/on my pants -

- Wallet
- Nokia N97
- Glasses case (contains 1 pen, 1 mechanical pencil, 1 eraser, 2 graphite dispensers, cleaning cloth)
- notebook (the kind you write in, not word process with)
- Sony PSP
- Cowon J3, mated to a...
- Practical Devices XM6
- Multitool
- Knife
- Keys, which are attached to a...
- Keychain

Jeans don't have anywhere near enough pockets for me.

(I have a friend who stuffed an eeePC in his cargo pants. He'd pull it out at random times to do... stuff. Best time was when we were at a barbecue party.)

-- Griffinhart

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #1,712 of 3,200

Quote:
Jeans? PAH. Cargo pants are the way to go! (Well, them and Tripps, but I don't own anywhere near as many Tripps as I do generic cargo pants.) If I ever leave the apartment with my J3, I'm carrying in/on my pants -

- Wallet
- Nokia N97
- Glasses case (contains 1 pen, 1 mechanical pencil, 1 eraser, 2 graphite dispensers, cleaning cloth)
- notebook (the kind you write in, not word process with)
- Sony PSP
- Cowon J3, mated to a...
- Practical Devices XM6
- Multitool
- Knife
- Keys, which are attached to a...
- Keychain

Jeans don't have anywhere near enough pockets for me.

(I have a friend who stuffed an eeePC in his cargo pants. He'd pull it out at random times to do... stuff. Best time was when we were at a barbecue party.)

-- Griffinhart

My jeans have big pockets! Ahem:

-Knife x2
-Multitool
-Zippo
-Wallet
- 2x Laser pointers (another hobby lol)
-Flashlight
-J3
-Touch

And that's just my jeans, lets not forget the backpack I take everywhere with the 7" blade, SLR, headphones, first aid, tripod, paracord, and a million other things. I like to be prepared. 
biggrin.gif

PS you could replace your notebook with a Touch and save a bit of room!

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,713 of 3,200
why are u two, griffinhart, and macrochesium wearing knives with you?....

i only carry, my j3, senn ie8 and their case, my phone, and some loose change.... i never take money if i am not buying anything, it just makes temptations to me to buy some strange expensive things (like mini dell10)....

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #1,715 of 3,200

Quote:
PS you could replace your notebook with a Touch and save a bit of room!

Orrrrr I could keep using my cheapo $5 notebook and not blow ~$200 on something I'd never use because it'd take too long to pull out and write in? :D

Quote:
why are u two, griffinhart, and macrochesium wearing knives with you?....

You'd be surprised at how much call there is for knives in life. I feel like a damn hero every time I whip it out because someone needs to cut through some plastic packaging or tape or some loose thread something.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #1,716 of 3,200

Quote:
Orrrrr I could keep using my cheapo $5 notebook and not blow ~$200 on something I'd never use because it'd take too long to pull out and write in? :D

Possibly maybe... It doesn't take THAT long, keep it on the notepad and it would take a few seconds to turn on. :p I use mine all of the time though; having things like unit converters, calculator and notepad in my pocket made my life so much easier. And $100 for your information. 
dt880smile.png

Quote:
You'd be surprised at how much call there is for knives in life. I feel like a damn hero every time I whip it out because someone needs to cut through some plastic packaging or tape or some loose thread something.

-- Griffinhart

Same here, you don't notice how much you would use one until you start carrying it. Although it is hard to justify spending money on expensive knives just because they're "nice"... But that's me lol.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #1,717 of 3,200

Quote:
Dfkt, i know that you have a pair of panasonic rp hje 900.... if this is the model.... my question is do they deserve 150$?... i have already read your review on anythingbutipod..... i was just curious how fair is this price for them?.... 

Depends on what kind of music you listen to. I listen to alot of rock and heavy metal and they are easily the best for those genres of music from all the IEM's I have tried (see sig). Couple that with the amazing build quality and replaceable cables, for me they are easily worth $150(even though I bought them for $90). They are also very very good for jazz. IMO they do need to be eq'd to sound their best, something for which the J3 comes in very handy 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #1,718 of 3,200
Hi, guys! I have a couple of questions. Currently i'm thinking of buying Cowon J3... Before I had an idea to order Hifiman Hm-601 , but here in Eastern Europe (I live in Belarus) we have pretty crazy tax system, so I can't pay + 30-40 % extra... well, ALL IN ALL how does Cowon J3 sound in comparison to Hm-601? The difference is huge or it's not OR is it more notable for those with ears echo-locators?
And the other question: Cowon J3 + ultimate ears triple.fi 10 pro = a good deal to think of?

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #1,719 of 3,200
for second question, yes they pair good enought.... as long as you like triple fi sound signature.... i mean little recesed mids.....

for the first question, i have no ideea, i just know that cowon j3 sound really sweet and good.... we wait for an hifiman  owner to apreciate....

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #1,720 of 3,200
And I thought I was traveling heavy. Knife Wallet Phone Keys Cowon S9 or J3 2 IEMS I never really thought about Cargo pants I had a couple back in high school though. Sweat pants ftw.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #1,721 of 3,200

Quote:
Freeze, you're going to have to either buy a J3 and a 32gb card to try yourself, or just be patient until someone with a J3 gets one and reports.  Expect to wait a month or more until the price of the 32gb microSDHC comes down. When four 8gb cards can be bought for <$60 paying $200ish for one 32gb card is far too much.

4D

If anyone cares, I've added another entry about the J3 on my blog.  HERE.

Hello 4D, I do not have a J3 yet but I do have a D2 and a D2+ and both work with a 32 gig SDHC card.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #1,722 of 3,200

Quote:
And I thought I was traveling heavy. Knife Wallet Phone Keys Cowon S9 or J3 2 IEMS

Oh, that's nothing compared to the stuff I've got to wear all day
rolleyes.gif

I hope this is the right place to ask.  My Rio Karma (yes...) is dying, and I need something to replace it.  My priorities are FLAC/Ogg support and gapless playback.  The other features are peripheral.

The Rio had a clear amp and a relatively flat default sound signature.  Can I expect something similar from the J3?  I'll be pairing it with a wide variety of headphones and can adjust as needed, so a flat output is desirable. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,723 of 3,200

Quote:
Oh, that's nothing compared to the stuff I've got to wear all day
rolleyes.gif

I hope this is the right place to ask.  My Rio Karma (yes...) is dying, and I need something to replace it.  My priorities are FLAC/Ogg support and gapless playback.  The other features are peripheral.

The Rio had a clear amp and a relatively flat default sound signature.  Can I expect something similar from the J3?  I'll be pairing it with a wide variety of headphones and can adjust as needed, so a flat output is desirable. 

You've come to the right place. I hope you enjoy your new J3 you'll shall be purchasing one soon. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #1,724 of 3,200
Any one else like the packaged Cowon earbuds?  I don't think they're bad at all.  Nice balance across the frequencies and not bad soundstage for free buds - atleast on my binaural recordings.  There's zero isolation but for home use, it's not too bad.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #1,725 of 3,200
I honestly didn't even take them out of the bag. I have been meaning to try them out though. They're around here somewhere....

Quote:
Any one else like the packaged Cowon earbuds?  I don't think they're bad at all.  Nice balance across the frequencies and not bad soundstage for free buds - atleast on my binaural recordings.  There's zero isolation but for home use, it's not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back