Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,366 of 3,200

Quote:
Yeah but the J3 does not have a line out so it's my understanding that an amp is a waste if you are running it out of the headphone jack.

I remember someone posting (dfkt?) that the J3 at full volume was very close to a Line-Out. That is to say that Freq Graph was extremely flat at that point (almost as good as a Line Out).

EDIT: Found the posts by dfkt. Check out Post #1300 (page 87) and Post #1307 (page 88).

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #1,368 of 3,200
Quote:
The frequency response is flat at any volume when it's not driving a load. At full volume however you get the best SNR.

What does this do for battery life though?

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,371 of 3,200

Quote:

Quote:
kyuuketsuki said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a problem... I want to get a Ringke case... but I just can't decide on a color! I really like the look of the red, the blue and for some reason the aqua black... AHH! Why must Ringke have so many great colors???

Just buy one of each!

I don't know what to say of this... I'll be honest... I'm loving the look of the red...

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #1,372 of 3,200
I am totally blown away by the J3!   sound amazing with the bbe headphone 2 preset and maestro. with all my headphones..right now i am at work and using it with my pk2 and the sound is truly gorgeos.   another thing i noticed is that the shuffle feature is very much improved compared to older cowon players (the D2/D2+ shuffle is horrible!)..the shuffle on my I9 is also ok but the j3's is best i heard from cowon so far.
I put all my library (except classical and trance) on the j3 and just let it shuffle..I am in sound heaven
smile.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #1,373 of 3,200
I'm going to order mine in exactly a week (since that's when my pay check comes in >_<)
Can't wait since I've pretty much only heard good reviews about the J3. Hopefully my ears won't melt off from the amazing sound xD

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,374 of 3,200
J3 FTW

Ι just wanted to chip in one more love post here
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #1,375 of 3,200

+1! Just waiting for the Ibasso T3 for my RE262 and FA-003 and I'm all set to go 
biggrin.gif
 Really is a wonderful little device

Quote:

J3 FTW

Ι just wanted to chip in one more love post here
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #1,376 of 3,200

Quote:
I am totally blown away by the J3!   sound amazing with the bbe headphone 2 preset and maestro. with all my headphones..right now i am at work and using it with my pk2 and the sound is truly gorgeos.   another thing i noticed is that the shuffle feature is very much improved compared to older cowon players (the D2/D2+ shuffle is horrible!)..the shuffle on my I9 is also ok but the j3's is best i heard from cowon so far.
I put all my library (except classical and trance) on the j3 and just let it shuffle..I am in sound heaven
smile.gif

How is the shuffle better?

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,377 of 3,200

Quote:
Quote:
smile.gif

I would have to agree that the shuffle is better... It doesn't repeat nearly as much as the D2... Though I wish cowon would do the same thing as iPod... Make a ghost playlist from the shuffle so that nothing would repeat ever. It is so simple and it would result in a perfect shuffle...

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #1,378 of 3,200

Quote:
Love my Ringke!

Wow I wasn't even considering buying a red case, but I may have to reconsider after seeing this! It's like a "controlled" red and looks very good, especially with those phones^^
Thanks for the great pic~

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #1,379 of 3,200

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
smile.gif

I would have to agree that the shuffle is better... It doesn't repeat nearly as much as the D2... Though I wish cowon would do the same thing as iPod... Make a ghost playlist from the shuffle so that nothing would repeat ever. It is so simple and it would result in a perfect shuffle...

I see what you mean. One thing that bothered me about Zune's shuffle is that it will never play two songs by the same artist in a row, nothing like that happens, right?

I have a feeling that the red case with MS 400's will be an epic combo. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #1,380 of 3,200
I don't remember the D2 plays the same song twice (or in a row)..when the player is on all the time ofcourse.  it is just that it liked some genres and albums more than others.   I also had a bug with my D2 that after 100+ songs in shuddle mode it got stuck and i needed to reboot the player and the whole shuffle playlist was ruined,but i think that it was just my D2 :)
anyway..the shuffle in the i9 has totally improved and don't have bugs and the j3 is even better imo,much more random.  also,even if you turn the player off it still continues the shuffle list it made the last time and don't repeat songs..if that what you meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back