Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #196 of 3,200

Let me lay in on the line - it makes my beloved Zune sound like a tinny transistor radio. My Clip+, which sounds better than my Zune, has a muffled quality compared to the J3. It's rich, full, clean, and powerful. The powerful HO drives my 150 Ohm Senns with ease. All the different settings (BBE, Jeteffect) allow me to tailor and tweak the sound so that I have honest headstage from my IEMs without the distortion. It is the best PMP I've heard. I can't wait to hear my HD650s when I pick them up next week. Get it for your ears, you eyes... and to make your iPod drone friends drool.
Quote:
I love all the features of this player, but there aren't many comments on it's sound. Wish there were more comparisons/reviews on it's sq.

Jun 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #197 of 3,200
X2

So amazing I am returning my 16GB J3 to Amazon for the 32GB (pre-ordered). For $60 more, the definition of "no brainer." Sold my S:flo2 and Sony X, and not a single regret (except for that X LOD I ordered from ebay and forgot about. It arrived today from HK. Guess I will have to sell it. Anyone with an X want it? LOL).

I love this thing, with the SM3s and DBA-02s, sublime is the only word.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #199 of 3,200
I have been looking and can not find it. Does anyone know where i can download the official English manual for the J3?

Thanks

Jun 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #201 of 3,200
@DDRNemesis: I don't see any support for Replaygain on the J3, and I've been through all the menus by now.  I would really love this feature, too, but it looks like at least for now, it's not there.

Jun 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #203 of 3,200
- J3 supports replaygain sames as S9 (go to system>Music)
- English manual available on Cowon Global.
- I reported watch problem on iAudiophile (it happens after you plug your J3 on computer)
- I ordered my J3 Sleek White on Exportprive (korean store with worldwilde shipping)

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #206 of 3,200

Quote:
TheRH said:

I have been looking and can not find it. Does anyone know where i can download the official English manual for the J3?

Thanks

Quote:
I dowloaded a pdf of the Cowon J3's manual, and it answered all the questions I had about the device; I hope it will answer all of yours.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #207 of 3,200

Quote:
X2

So amazing I am returning my 16GB J3 to Amazon for the 32GB (pre-ordered). For $60 more, the definition of "no brainer." Sold my S:flo2 and Sony X, and not a single regret (except for that X LOD I ordered from ebay and forgot about. It arrived today from HK. Guess I will have to sell it. Anyone with an X want it? LOL).

I love this thing, with the SM3s and DBA-02s, sublime is the only word.

awesome, you have dba-02 and s:flo2.

I'd like to ask, how is SM3 compared to dba-02? how is j3 compared to s:flo2? :)

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #208 of 3,200
Sold the S:flo2, I like the J3 that much. Sold my Sony X too. My problem with the SF2 is a lack of external controls, so no good as an on the go player (in coat pocket, for example). But great sound, for sure. I think the J3 is as good for my ears, and also has tons of options with BBE. No comparison of UI either, but that's well-known. The SF2 is a real specialty player, but a tremendous bargain. As for the SM3 and DBA-02, love them both and will keep both. They are different, as the DBAs are more like CK10s (crystal clear), but I like the DBAs more (than CK10s, better fit, and more balanced sound). SM3s are best, and with those two, no need for any more IEMs. I might even buy a backup pair of DBAs, I like them so much for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back