Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #166 of 3,200

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and feel of the matte black plastic backing. And not only is there the sexy brushed metal insert at the bottom (that everyone's gushing over) the entire front is ringed in a delicious gun metal bezel.

How am I supposed to get white, after reading that description?! :D I'm so happy you're pleased with it!

I'll probably end up with black, since I'm not sure whether the back of the white one is shiny or matte. If the front bezel on the white was white instead of black (like the white iPhone 4, whereas the J3 looks like the white 3GS), I'd be sold, whether or not the back was matte.

floeezy, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJDrs3j23c

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #167 of 3,200

Quote:
floeezy, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJDrs3j23c

Lol, yes I have seen it, but of course it is very biased because www.advancedmp3players.co.uk sells the J3. I love Andy Gordon's accent when he describes the player: "The Cawon just blows the competition completely out of the water...it makes a mockery of others...it's just class-leading" I love it!

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #168 of 3,200
Are there any places at the moment that sells the 32GB J3 in white? Jetmall only has it in black, and I can't find other places that even sell the 32GB version.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #169 of 3,200

Quote:
Are there any places at the moment that sells the 32GB J3 in white? Jetmall only has it in black, and I can't find other places that even sell the 32GB version.

Ebay, but I wouldn't buy the J3 32GB from there anyhow because it is $26 more expensive than Jetmall, and you never know if the seller is reliable or not.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #171 of 3,200
^^ I've dug and dug and nothing, a_tumiwa. ABI's got nothing on the DAC too, but I'm sure you've scrubbed that site. :wink:

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #172 of 3,200
Since jj94 and iPoodz brought the subject of the Viliv P3 Prime back up; I'd think I should share this piece of information I found last night after a quick Google search: based on this Korean web page, a 32GB P3 Prime with WiFi (and DMB which is useless to users outside Korea) currently sits at ~360 US$; the price for a non-DMB P3 should be lesser.
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread because the P3 hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #174 of 3,200
I really hope the Viliv P3 Prime comes to US. It seems like the perfect player (if it ends up having high sound quality). Basically, an Android ipod touch
etysmile.gif

Quote:
Since jj94 and iPoodz brought the subject of the Viliv P3 Prime back up; I'd think I should share this piece of information I found last night after a quick Google search: based on this Korean web page, a 32GB P3 Prime with WiFi (and DMB which is useless to users outside Korea) currently sits at ~360 US$; the price for a non-DMB P3 should be lesser.
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread because the P3 hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #175 of 3,200
basically, the Android capabilities of the P3 are extremely limited, including the audio and video capabilities. It's only just for apps. The principal OS running the P3 is Windows CE. The P3 has the crappy SRS enhancers, totally NO MATCH for the Cowon's mighty BBE. I'd choose the P3 over the iPod Touch any day, but i'd totally choose the J3 for my audio.

And if you want Android, just better wait for the D3. 
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S Why do they all end in the number 3? 
confused_face.gif

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #176 of 3,200

Quote:
basically, the Android capabilities of the P3 are extremely limited, including the audio and video capabilities. It's only just for apps. The principal OS running the P3 is Windows CE. The P3 has the crappy SRS enhancers, totally NO MATCH for the Cowon's mighty BBE. I'd choose the P3 over the iPod Touch any day, but i'd totally choose the J3 for my audio.

And if you want Android, just better wait for the D3. 
smily_headphones1.gif

confused_face.gif

Good points, exactly what i would have said
tongue_smile.gif
. And about the D3, are there any estimations for when it will be released?

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #177 of 3,200
^^ Geez, you guys. Get a room... er thread, already.
wink_face.gif

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #178 of 3,200
     Hmm, I don't mean to question your statement, but I'm curious what the limitations are? I'm not too concerned about video, only good sound quality (as in not crappy, but I'm not looking for top of the line bar none #1 quality), a decent variety of apps (Instant messaging, multitask capable), and internet browser/wifi.  
     Though I have not tried them, except for SRS on Windows Media Player, I don't think I would use either SRS or BBE+
     Do you have any information on the possibility of an android D3? If it had a microsd/microsdhc and wifi I would definitely consider it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLetDie /img/forum/go_quote.gifbasically, the Android capabilities of the P3 are extremely limited, including the audio and video capabilities. It's only just for apps. The principal OS running the P3 is Windows CE. The P3 has the crappy SRS enhancers, totally NO MATCH for the Cowon's mighty BBE. I'd choose the P3 over the iPod Touch any day, but i'd totally choose the J3 for my audio. And if you want Android, just better wait for the D3. 
smily_headphones1.gif

confused_face.gif

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #179 of 3,200
Yo, anyone figure out how (or if if's possible) to charge and play the J3 at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back