Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #1,276 of 3,200
Anyone? I'm referring to Aero, if it has the same playlist limitations as the J3 itself.

Quote:
Hey, I was wondering, how many songs can I put on one playlist? I remember seeing somewhere the favorite playlist maxes out at 250 songs. Did you find a way around that?

Quote:
Aero Music: ^Just extract the archive into /System/Flash UI/ :wink:

Chakra: Extract the archive into /System/Flash UI/ and rename the file mainmenuN.swf to mainmenu1.swf, mainmenu2.swf or mainmenu3.swf.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,277 of 3,200

Quote:
Yeah, the latest version is v1.01 and the UCI is in final stage now (means: not as many updates as before anymore because it's finished).

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=308997&postcount=185

I will give Aero another try, hopefully the screen wont go black.

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #1,278 of 3,200
If it does go black, try disabling the accelerometer in the music screen.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, the latest version is v1.01 and the UCI is in final stage now (means: not as many updates as before anymore because it's finished).

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=308997&postcount=185

I will give Aero another try, hopefully the screen wont go black.

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #1,279 of 3,200
I am just listening to my new J3 with the stock earphones (with all the respect to full size audiophile headphones,i will always have a special affection to earbuds
bigsmile_face.gif
)..and they are not so bad,very nice sounding actually for earbuds, and i heard a lot of them! including the pk1/pk2.  while they are not the pk2 in performance,they are not very far from it IMO,especially with the maestro sound preset the sound is totally amazing.  go cowon!

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #1,280 of 3,200
True...the stock buds are really not too bad, compared to literally EVERY other "throw-in" buds I've heard.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,281 of 3,200
The only "thrown-in" earbud that is decent (AFAIK) are the ones that come with the Hisound Amp3 Pro2 DAP. Every other pair I have are loaners to others.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #1,282 of 3,200
by the way..any of you guys know if an ipod touch case would be good for the j3 also??
they don't sell cases for j3 in my country and i need to special order one of i want and it costs a fortune.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #1,283 of 3,200

Quote:
by the way..any of you guys know if an ipod touch case would be good for the j3 also??
they don't sell cases for j3 in my country and i need to special order one of i want and it costs a fortune.

probably it wont fit. You can compare the dimensions by your self. It would have been a bliss because there are thousand of cases for ipod. Nevertheless there are some for cowon j3 also.
Check this one.
Very good quality and popular. Check that site for the original jelly cases in various colours also. Personally i like them more and you can find them on ebay also.
Pouches are also an option and you can find several quality leather cases in ebay, amazon etc if you are a leather guy.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #1,284 of 3,200

Quote:
Quote:

probably it wont fit. You can compare the dimensions by your self. It would have been a bliss because there are thousand of cases for ipod. Nevertheless there are some for cowon j3 also.
Check this one.
Very good quality and popular. Check that site for the original jelly cases in various colours also. Personally i like them more and you can find them on ebay also.
Pouches are also an option and you can find several quality leather cases in ebay, amazon etc if you are a leather guy.

thanks..I will have to order one i guess.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #1,285 of 3,200

Quote:
thanks..I will have to order one i guess.

Which do u like? I f you do so, pls post your pics with the case. I love to see our cowon j3 dressed with cases so if i like it i can buy it too. I want to buy a rearth ringe but the way it covers all body except the screen doesnt compliment the margins of the screen.

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #1,286 of 3,200

Quote:
The only "thrown-in" earbud that is decent (AFAIK) are the ones that come with the Hisound Amp3 Pro2 DAP. Every other pair I have are loaners to others.

The earbuds that came with an old Sharp MP3 player (released in 2004) that I bought used a while ago actually surprised me. I could not get the player working, but the earbuds sounded great. I searched around on the internet and found out that they were rebranded Sennheiser MX400 earbuds. A very old Sennheiser earbud, but I think it sounds as good as the MX760. Perhaps a bit less bassy.
Otherwise "thrown-in" earbuds are so-so at best...

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #1,287 of 3,200
my new j3 got some serious burn in time today..
bigsmile_face.gif
   like i said earlier,i really like the sound of the stock earbuds with the maestro preset. 
but we are all audiophiles here..so today i got some new great cd's and am listening to them right now with my RS1 and the flats also with the maestro preset which sound abslutely amazing!  the maestro preset is my favourite,cowon really did a nice job with this one.     
with the J3's 30+ GB i managed to throw in most of my metal and rock library in V0 mp3's which sound excellent, and i am planning in getting another 16GB sd card for my trance and classical music. 
thanks for letting me share my excitement about the J3 friends!

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #1,288 of 3,200
Glad you're enjoying it Plonter!  Hey, is your avatar Swallow the Sun?  If so:
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #1,290 of 3,200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back