Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
May 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #3,078 of 3,200
Dropped my J3 just now pretty bad and the screen broke. You can see in a certain angle that it has some cracks on it. Anyway the screen doesn't work but the touch screen does. I've memorized some functions where they are located. It still plays music and all, just doesn't display anything on screen.

Someone knows a guy or knows a guy who knows a guy that is able to replace the screen without bringing them back to cowon for repair? :frowning2:
This is really sad. I only have my J3 for over a year... :frowning2:

May 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,079 of 3,200
Dropped my J3 just now pretty bad and the screen broke. You can see in a certain angle that it has some cracks on it. Anyway the screen doesn't work but the touch screen does. I've memorized some functions where they are located. It still plays music and all, just doesn't display anything on screen.

Someone knows a guy or knows a guy who knows a guy that is able to replace the screen without bringing them back to cowon for repair? :frowning2:
This is really sad. I only have my J3 for over a year... :frowning2:

I'm not sure who you can go for. Although, next time get a crystal case or other protective case. That'll prevent the screen from cracking. I had my Cowon J3 for nearly 2 years and the screen hasn't cracked at all. I've dropped it countless times too.

May 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,080 of 3,200
Quote:
I'm not sure who you can go for. Although, next time get a crystal case or other protective case. That'll prevent the screen from cracking. I had my Cowon J3 for nearly 2 years and the screen hasn't cracked at all. I've dropped it countless times too.

I have a Ringke case, but I used to not put it on due to more slick useability. :frowning2: I have dropped it numerous times also with/without the case the last drop is just solid and manages to crack the inside of the screen. My poor J3... :frowning2: I will miss its hardcore battery life for sure....

May 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,081 of 3,200
Quote:
I have a Ringke case, but I used to not put it on due to more slick useability. :frowning2: I have dropped it numerous times also with/without the case the last drop is just solid and manages to crack the inside of the screen. My poor J3... :frowning2: I will miss its hardcore battery life for sure....

That's tough. I think going for Cowon's Customer support is the best option right now. :xf_eek:

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #3,082 of 3,200
Being constantly curious about DAP's I'd always been interested in Cowon J3, finally having an opportunity to pick one up for a good price (in fabulous condition) I might add.

I've been tinkering with J3 the best part of this afternoon and adoring the leather case that was included. As for sound impressions I am very much remembering the same house sound I heard from Cowon S9, however J3 seems to sound a little better (on a flat setting). I will do some comparing when my Colorfly C3 arrives back from loan, but I think I'm fairly confident the C3 pulls away in some areas (instrument separation certainly).

What J3 does have however is a very smooth signature to it, along with that same Cowon house sound I found on C2, S9, D2+. whereas some audiophile players I've tried can be a touch mechanical, raw, or aggressive slightly. they lack a touch of musicality so to speak, often finding yourself absorbing a lot of detail and clarity though not much of a songs meaning, that's something the Cowons can do nicely, let you enjoy music again, not technical ability thrown in your face. Cowon don't seem to go overboard in any specific area, adding sufficient dose of what's needed to get the job done neatly. At this point purely from a sound quality perspective and for those no bothered will small screens and stripped down player Colorfly C3 is the better option, though lets see how it stacks up when I'm not running off memory the last few days since C3's been away.

I'll write some more in coming days, but I must say, even though I own Colorfly CK4, Studio V etc etc.. I can still enjoy J3 and it's very admirable o-led screen. The UI is surely a nice change. It's also much smaller than I imagined, very pretty, if we could somehow squeeze the SQ of Hisound Studio V inside a J3 case/UI I think I'd be in heaven.

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3,083 of 3,200
Quote:
Being constantly curious about DAP's I'd always been interested in Cowon J3, finally having an opportunity to pick one up for a good price (in fabulous condition) I might add.

I've been tinkering with J3 the best part of this afternoon and adoring the leather case that was included. As for sound impressions I am very much remembering the same house sound I heard from Cowon S9, however J3 seems to sound a little better (on a flat setting). I will do some comparing when my Colorfly C3 arrives back from loan, but I think I'm fairly confident the C3 pulls away in some areas (instrument separation certainly).

What J3 does have however is a very smooth signature to it, along with that same Cowon house sound I found on C2, S9, D2+. whereas some audiophile players I've tried can be a touch mechanical, raw, or aggressive slightly. they lack a touch of musicality so to speak, often finding yourself absorbing a lot of detail and clarity though not much of a songs meaning, that's something the Cowons can do nicely, let you enjoy music again, not technical ability thrown in your face. Cowon don't seem to go overboard in any specific area, adding sufficient dose of what's needed to get the job done neatly. At this point purely from a sound quality perspective and for those no bothered will small screens and stripped down player Colorfly C3 is the better option, though lets see how it stacks up when I'm not running off memory the last few days since C3's been away.

I'll write some more in coming days, but I must say, even though I own Colorfly CK4, Studio V etc etc.. I can still enjoy J3 and it's very admirable o-led screen. The UI is surely a nice change. It's also much smaller than I imagined, very pretty, if we could somehow squeeze the SQ of Hisound Studio V inside a J3 case/UI I think I'd be in heaven.

Cool. I'm glad you like the J3. :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3,084 of 3,200
Cool. I'm glad you like the J3. :)

Thank you! I am indeed enjoying Cowon J3 very much. I brought some photos to the thread. I can see why J3 used to grab some attention I think it's the pick of all Cowons I've tried personally.

Here is my J3 with a pair of Rhapsodio RDB+ v1.

Also the included leather case.

:beerchug:

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #3,085 of 3,200
Quote:
Thank you! I am indeed enjoying Cowon J3 very much. I brought some photos to the thread. I can see why J3 used to grab some attention I think it's the pick of all Cowons I've tried personally.

Here is my J3 with a pair of Rhapsodio RDB+ v1.

Also the included leather case.

beerchug.gif

Nice. I like that combination.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3,086 of 3,200
does anyone here has a spare Ringke silicon case for sale ? preferably black ?

if so (maybe your J3 broke and you are left with the case) , pm me

thanx :)

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #3,087 of 3,200
hi guys

My J3 lost is tactile abilities,
i can only use the button to listen music : its awfull.

dose any one know a solution about this problem ?

I have reset and download last firmware but nothing changed.
thanks   

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,088 of 3,200
anyone with a spare Ringke silicone case for sale ?

pm me if you feel like selling it (say because your J3 doesn't work anymore...)

cheers

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,090 of 3,200
  Hi,
Try here:
http://www.exportprive.com/en/cowon/12957-rearth-ringke-housse-en-silicone-pour-cowon-j3-noir-.html

thanx for the heads up - hope this is a legitimate site - i just went ahead and ordered 2 cases

thanx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back