CORDA 3MOVE
Sep 13, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #16 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people here have to understand that audio gear is not a computer gear. Stop expecting 2x improvements every year. 2move is a wonderful portable amp which is well-developed. You can't just put up an amp which will be much better.

If not improvement, why called "upgrade" ?

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If not improvement, why called "upgrade" ?

There is no 'upgrade' or 'improvement' mentioned on Meier Audio website, thus we should not assume there is one. In fact, the intro reads "Basically the 3MOVE is the same amplifier as the 2MOVE...."

3MOVE is the redesign of 2MOVE, thus 2MOVE is put on a lower price to clean up stock, at least this is how I understand it.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 86
Move -> sounds ok

2Move -> sounds cool

3Move -> it begins to sound like a bad record

biggrin.gif

I think Move cubed or something would sound better. (like the M cubed)
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #19 of 86
By the way, the $35 off of the 2Move are due to euro-dollar changes, per Jan.
I bought mine for $265 a month ago... that hurts...
Oh, and the gain slide switch sounds like good... but not enough (for me) to justify a new buy... is it me, or the 3Move looks a little smaller?

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #20 of 86
I saw shots of the 3MOVE and I am surprised that no silver version of it has yet to be relased or planned, I had passed up on the 2MOVE because of the hideous graphics, I was hoping that the 3rd time around that Dr. Meier would have done both silver and black versions for those who have different outfits.

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 86
Going back and reading a bit on the older threads reveals:

The amp section of Move, 2Move, and 3Move are all the same.

Move ->
2Move (New DAC, improved battery trap door, new mini-jack) ->
3Move (new gain switch (*no more jumper?), *back to original Move case (no more new battery trap door)?)

*Not sure yet

[EDIT] This may be just a guess, but I start to wonder if Dr. Meier is using his old Move picture for the 3Move.

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #22 of 86
this question will probably reveal my total noobitude, but since the move series uses that little square battery, does that mean you can't use rechargeable batteries? and will have to buy tons of them.. I guess they are 9v

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #23 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this question will probably reveal my total noobitude, but since the move series uses that little square battery, does that mean you can't use rechargeable batteries? and will have to buy tons of them.. I guess they are 9v

Yes, the Move series uses 9V batteries, but this doesn't mean you can't use rechargeables. There are 9V rechargeable batteries that you can buy.

I don't mind the graphics on the 2Move, and I certainly don't mind the old jumper switches (how often does one need so switch between the two current/gain settings?). What does bother me, however, is that I spent $265 on the 2Move just 3 weeks ago.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 86
Hello.
Will there be the person who bought the 3MOVE by you?

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #26 of 86
I do believe the silkscreen printing is only on the 2Move and not the other two.

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #28 of 86
I am placing a pre-order on a brick and mortar store for the 3Move (mainly to avoid the extra import tax), will see how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back