CORDA 3MOVE
Sep 24, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #31 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if anything was done to improve the quality of the 1/8" jacks used on the 2Move? I would still own one if it were not for all the problems I had with them....and the face plate.

I thought Dr. Meier improved the mini jack on the when he released 2Move? Hopefully the 3Move won't have the same problem... Does the jack on your 2Move comes with a screw-on nuts on the face plate?

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #32 of 86
I have some problems with the 1/8" on my 2Move. I had a lot of problems with regular mini-mini cables like the one supplied with the amp, but then switched to a fancy-schmancy after-market mini-mini cable with big fat plugs. Now it's less of a problem. Still annoying on occasion, especially when the battery is getting closer to dying, but it sounds so great I wouldn't think of selling it off.

And I think what people are expecting is that if Dr. Meier won't even bother to improve the amp, why can't he at least pretend that the amp section is better by putting things like "NEW!" and "IMPROVED SOUND!!" and "BEST AMP SINCE SLICED BREAD (the amp)!" in the amp description? Then at least they could hope for some kind of psychosomatic sound quality upgrade!

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #34 of 86
The jack problem only exists with cables that are thicker than usual. These cables will not twist, so the plug twists. When the plug twists, even a little, it will fall right out.

It has been less of a problem for me than it was when I got it. Maybe I'm just more careful now.

Don't let that discourage you, the 2/3move is great at driving full size cans (and the DAC is a nice feature too).

Sep 25, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #35 of 86
Dear Headfellows,

If you check the amp visually, then you will see that the
jacks are placed slightly recessed inside the frontplate. This
prevents excess forces on the jacks while plugging/unplugging.

Sometimes the jacks are recessed to deeply. The remedy is
simple. Open the amp (see user-manual) and slightly shorten
the PCB at the side of the frontplate with a sharp knife. Take
your time! This will make the jacks less recessed and normally
should solve all problems.

Cheers

Jan

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #37 of 86
It's really easy to do the mod.

You see, the edge of the PCB might not be completely flat. Mine was a bit jagged and rough. I smoothed it out with an xacto knife.

It does hold the plug a bit more. Definitely try it if you are comfortable working with a knife.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #40 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Headfellows,

Hi Jan,

Can we get more picture than just the front of the amp or may be the back is the same as 2Move? I already pre-order one on a local store which carries your amp, but I'll like to see a few more picture as I am waiting
tongue.gif
Thanks!

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #43 of 86
I've had a 3move for a few weeks now and I'm quite impressed by it.

I'm only driving a pari of Beyerdyanmic DT440 - but I still recognised a decent improvement over the standard headphone jack of my laptop. I suspect this maybe more due to the bypassing of the onboard sound rather than the improved amplification.

I actually think there could be more graphics/branding on the 3move because the lack of it really gives the amp a DIY audio device look rather than a properly developed product from a reputeable company look.

I wouldn't want the garish graphics of the 2move to return but i think something between the current 3move and the 2move would be best.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #44 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by nef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a 3move for a few weeks now and I'm quite impressed by it.

I'm only driving a pari of Beyerdyanmic DT440 - but I still recognised a decent improvement over the standard headphone jack of my laptop. I suspect this maybe more due to the bypassing of the onboard sound rather than the improved amplification.

I actually think there could be more graphics/branding on the 3move because the lack of it really gives the amp a DIY audio device look rather than a properly developed product from a reputeable company look.

I wouldn't want the garish graphics of the 2move to return but i think something between the current 3move and the 2move would be best.

Why don't you use the DAC from the 3Move? it will sound a lot better
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #45 of 86
I feel it would be ok with some graphics on the amp case, but the font style on the XXS/2move doesn't look nice at all. The Corda logo itself looks good, but the product name should be a little more stylish/discrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back