CORDA 3MOVE
Apr 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #77 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyFine Shindig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The imbalance is still there. Only, however, when the volume is set to the lowest (ie before switch).

That is normal to all analog volume pot, nothing to worry about.

Also, you can set it to low power mode and see if the situation improves. However, the static is most likely another inherent problem of small analog volume pot which you can do nothing about. That is why most of the new portable amp have digital volume control these days, including the upcoming Stepdance from Meier (though technically it is not really a digital pot, but the concept is the same).

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is why most of the new portable amp have digital volume control these days, including the upcoming Stepdance from Meier (though technically it is not really a digital pot, but the concept is the same).

Really an A-D-A system. It's an analogue-adjusted, digitaly controlled, analogue stepped attenuator. There is a lot to be said for this discreet volume switch design.

May 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #79 of 86
Hi guys,

I currently have the Denon 1001, ordered for a set of Audio Tech ES10. Thinking about purchasing Sennheiser HD25-1 II sometime this month too. And will possibly get the Shure840, Grado 225i and Shure IE8 in the future (for now LOL).

Woud I hear a difference if I intend to use the amp with my iphone? Or that the headphones above are easy enough to drive even from the iphone that the difference would be minimal?

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

James

PS anyone from Hong Kong here? If so, where can i find these in HK? Thanks again!

May 6, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #80 of 86

Quote:
Hi guys,

I currently have the Denon 1001, ordered for a set of Audio Tech ES10. Thinking about purchasing Sennheiser HD25-1 II sometime this month too. And will possibly get the Shure840, Grado 225i and Shure IE8 in the future (for now LOL).

Woud I hear a difference if I intend to use the amp with my iphone? Or that the headphones above are easy enough to drive even from the iphone that the difference would be minimal?

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

James

PS anyone from Hong Kong here? If so, where can i find these in HK? Thanks again!

There will be a difference for sure and the 3Move should be able to drive all of those phones. As for buying, you'll need to order one from online or buy for second hand if it is for sale locally.

Stupid questions on my part:
Will the DAC function work if it is connected via USB and has a 9V battery installed?
Is there a way to power my 3Move with the USB cable from my computer, but use my ipod as the source?

May 6, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #81 of 86
Quote:
Will the DAC function work if it is connected via USB and has a 9V battery installed?
Is there a way to power my 3Move with the USB cable from my computer, but use my ipod as the source?

I think you will need to open the 3MOVE up and set the jumper for the power mode to low and deactivate DAC jumper.

May 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #82 of 86
If the 3MOVE is plugged into USB with no battery, it will default to low-current mode and run the DAC and amp both off USB without needing a battery, even if it is set for high-current mode which it will use when the battery is installed.  I didn't know about any DAC jumper though.  So, you can power the amp from USB and use the analog input instead of DAC by moving a jumper?  
confused.gif

May 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #83 of 86
Quote:
If the 3MOVE is plugged into USB with no battery, it will default to low-current mode and run the DAC and amp both off USB without needing a battery, even if it is set for high-current mode which it will use when the battery is installed.  I didn't know about any DAC jumper though.  So, you can power the amp from USB and use the analog input instead of DAC by moving a jumper?  
confused.gif

Yes. You will need to remove the DAC jumper. Your PC will still detect the PCM2704 chip, but the signal won't be fed to the amp section. You can use the analog in that way which I have tried myself. The reason I suggest to set the power to low is because you might want to have the battery inside so the door won't fall out, but you don't want the battery being drained in high current mode.

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #85 of 86
Quote:
can anyone tell me the difference between low vs high current setting other than 100 hrs vs 40 hrs? I mean sq wise..
i'm using 3move with dt880/250 btw.

High current mode sounds better extended on both end of the frequency response, better dynamic and wider soundstage to me.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #86 of 86

ClieOS said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 2MOVE is priced at $250, IIRC. I remember checking Meier Audio website just a few days ago for its price since I am interesting in getting a new amp.

The extra $35 is for the new gain circuit, which probably means the 3MOVE will have a slightly different circuit board design from 2MOVE.

Seriously, we need more close up picture.

Now I got it, Thanks for your sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back