CORDA 3MOVE
Feb 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #61 of 86
I got mine yesterday and I swear, I haven't been able to put my cans down in 24 hours!

HD_Dude you will not be disappointed.

V.

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #62 of 86
I LOVE MINE
biggrin.gif
Great in my backpack or jacket pocket and even better on my laptop with my 2 TB external feeding it flacs!

May 8, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #63 of 86
Just wanted to say that my 3Move arrived today and, even before complete burn-in (it only had 10 hours on it from the previous user), I've been nothing short of incredibly impressed by it. It drives my HD-600 with surprising authority! I'm currently listening to "The Water Is Wide" by Charles Lloyd at about 1/3 volume (on the low-gain setting!) and the whole frequency range is very well controlled. Plus, the soundstage is outstanding for a portable amp!

If I didn't have my Keces DA-152, I think I could still be very happy with this combo as my main rig. That says a lot!
wink.gif

P.S. I'm coming from a Leckerton UHA-3, for the record.

May 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #64 of 86
Driving the Ultrasone Pro 750 on the 3Move just using the DAC and Headphone out, wow low deeep end that i never felt before :p sooo awesome, and way more bass, as a result i simply cant listen to the Pro 750 on my portable daps directly... This also applies to my TF10 Pro soo much punch now but that still is pretty good on the dap directly... Alessandro MS-2 however i didnt really find a major difference barely still very good on dap, and on the amp as well, very very similar.

Also tried it on these briefly:
AT AD700 : Much better listening experience, more acceptable sound than without the amp But bass / impact is still very light in a lot of situations.
D2000 : Small differences on a over 200 hours D2000. And bit more impactful in the bass. Overtime the D2000 settled down and its less harsh, i thought it was the amp but really it was the headphone.
D5000 : Very Impactful in some situations
Porta Pro : Small improvements. (Not really worth it to buy it just for Porta Pro).
SF.5 Pro : Big more brighter and a improvement.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #65 of 86
Hey guys;

I haven't noticed anyone with Grados using the 3move. Is there a reason for this? I'm currently using a pair of SR-60's without a dedicated amp, but the separate DAC and reportedly improved overall sound of this thing has left me dreaming of an unit.

Obviously I'm not going to stay with a pair of lowly SR-60's forever, and a theoretical pair of upscale cans in the future will probably benefit considerably more from the 3move - but in the mean time, should I expect a noticeable improvement in sound, if you disregard the obvious upgrade from my in-built generic sound card -> the Corda's DAC?

[Edit:] Cheers.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #69 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3MOVE is great with Grados and HD600.

I concur. Listening to Chet Baker through this very combo at the moment.

Sublime.
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #70 of 86
Does anybody have the 16/44.1 RMAA results? Does this DAC or any PCM270x make that much of a difference compared to onboard soundcards?

Modern onboard soundcards like realtek have pretty good SNR/crosstalk (~100dBA) and THD and I was wondering if they do make a big difference.

Aug 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #71 of 86
*bump* Does anybody know whether this amp will drive the Beyer DT880 250ohm well?

Lastly, looking for a good picture of the PCB so I can work out which ones the low and high current pins are!

Cheers.

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #72 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanalasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lastly, looking for a good picture of the PCB so I can work out which ones the low and high current pins are!

You don't need a picture to know. Once you loosen the two nuts on the face plate, you can slide the PCB out alone with the face plate. You will find two set of pins behind the input socket, one has two pins while the other has three. The two pins (which are further away from the battery compartment) are used for enable / disable USB, and the three pins are for setting the high / low current mode. The instructions are also printed on the PCB itself, just next to the battery contacts. You will see it once you slide the PCB out.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #73 of 86
I just purchased this amp off another Head-Fier and I have a few questions.

Using just USB power:
how do I set the amp to default on Windows XP?
I thought that I had done it and I am getting sound from youtube and when adjusting computer volume, but when I play music from iTunes or try a video, there is no sound at all. How do I fix this?

When I turn the volume pot, there is quite a bit of what sounds like static, can I fix this? If so, how?

There is an imbalance, the left side is louder than the right, how can this be fixed?

So far I haven't been able to hear a difference
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Please help me.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #74 of 86
Remove the battery, turn the volume pot from one end to the other, repeat for 1 minutes or so. Put the battery back and check if the static or imbalance problem improved or not. If you are using high sensitivity headphone, set the gain to low.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #75 of 86
Hey ClieOS, thanks very much for replying.

There is currently no battery inside, I am usung USB power.
I've checked the gain settings and they are low for both sides, which I think are the correct settings for use with my D2000.

EDIT: There is no more static
biggrin.gif
Thanks.
Lol oops, that was without music playing. If there is music playing, I still hear the static...
frown.gif

The imbalance is still there. Only, however, when the volume is set to the lowest (ie before switch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back