CORDA 3MOVE
Sep 13, 2008 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

isao2k8

100+ Head-Fier
CORDA 3MOVE has been announced on Meier-Audio's site.

Meier-Audio

move3frontbattery330.jpg

Quote:

Basically the 3MOVE is the same amplifier as the 2MOVE. Soundwise both amps are the same but the 3MOVE has (in our opinion) more elegant looks and the advantage that the internal gain factor can be changed by two slide-switches that are accessible through the opening of the battery compartment.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I really don't know why Jan doesn't upgrade the amp section. I know it's very good but after 3 MOVEs, there should be some changes.

x2. I don't know how you guys feel but for me sound quality is number 1 priority, not just looks. Hopefully the 4Move has an amazing improvement.
jecklinsmile.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I really don't know why Jan doesn't upgrade the amp section. I know it's very good but after 3 MOVEs, there should be some changes.

I think so too. This is almost the first MOVE for me.

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yay, the graphic on the case is gone.

Awesome! Now I'd actually consider buying it, with the hideously bad graphic trashed. And the graphics is probably the only reason for the 3move!
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 86
It is only me or maybe someone yet also can't see the hole for battery trap door? I hope Jan didn't actually remove those battery trap door which I think is a plus on the 2MOVE.

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is only me or maybe someone yet also can't see the hole for battery trap door? I hope Jan didn't actually remove those battery trap door which I think is a plus on the 2MOVE.

That and the $35 price bump.

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 86
Yea, I just saw the price, not so interested anymore...

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #10 of 86
Many people here have to understand that audio gear is not a computer gear. Stop expecting 2x improvements every year. 2move is a wonderful portable amp which is well-developed. You can't just put up an amp which will be much better.

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #11 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people here have to understand that audio gear is not a computer gear. Stop expecting 2x improvements every year. 2move is a wonderful portable amp which is well-developed. You can't just put up an amp which will be much better.

Well yeah we know that but we'd expect a bit of improvements with the $35 price bump from the 2Move.

Sep 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #12 of 86
if i recall correctly, the 2move was always at $275.

So what they did with the 3move was make that the same price as the old 2move and instead lowered the 2move's price. that in turn makes the 2move an even better buy!

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #13 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i recall correctly, the 2move was always at $275.

So what they did with the 3move was make that the same price as the old 2move and instead lowered the 2move's price. that in turn makes the 2move an even better buy!

But I don't see how it justifies the price being different IMO. But oh well.

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #14 of 86
The 2MOVE is priced at $250, IIRC. I remember checking Meier Audio website just a few days ago for its price since I am interesting in getting a new amp.

The extra $35 is for the new gain circuit, which probably means the 3MOVE will have a slightly different circuit board design from 2MOVE.

Seriously, we need more close up picture.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #15 of 86
There is no price bump actually, there is $35 off discount for 2Move instead. It was $275 and it seems that Jan want to sell it out faster.

Re: improvements. Think about authenticity, brand identity, reputation etc. 2Move is one of the best portable amps, there are many who think its SQ is on par with Predator, Pico, TTVJ Millet portable and close to iQube. I doubt that its possible to indisputably improve an already excellent circuit. Many will treat the changes as side step rather than upgrade. So lets 3Move to keep a good traditions and own character of the Move line. If Jan will issue something different or superior, he will certainly name it differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back