Comply Tips Review
Jun 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #136 of 182
Hi guys! 

Comply tips, Stars tips...and so on! W4 is realy Tips Dependant IEM!!

The SMO (Sony Hybrid mod) work fine for me and for some other Headfiers here but... have find another similar alternative that shake my head a bit more! 

Maybe you'l love it either! Let's them a tried!

I call this Code: PA747A Mod.

I dont want to detailed here all the SMO procedures, almost  Headfiers here knows already!

Simple, all you need is 2 things.

* The plastic Tube, from any old, or unused foamy tips that to big for your canal. Carefully clean. Using some alccol or varnish nail remover can help. Be carefull    
...with alcool! Or use any of your personal receipes.

** And finally, a pair of "SHURE PA749A Soft Flex Sleeves" (for E2 and Quiet Spot)
(There coming from my old deceded E2c)  

Sony Hybrid sleeve [M] is to small & thin  (IMO) It's so why am using now the Shure Mod!

Keep me informed about your opinions, the sound A/B test you did with!

If someone need some work prodedures picts letmeknow, but, I think it will needless!!

Bonne chance!

EAGLES - Hotel California live ( Hell Freezes Over album)   AWESOME!

Tips of the triks:
*  Before inserted your final work, coat lightly the noozle with some... your personal favorite grease... from your fronthead, nose or any kind of body grease.
You can either use "Oto-Ease" if your out of sebum!

** Open you mouth  a bit before inserted in your canal will help!

biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #137 of 182
I'm quite disappointed with Comply Tips. I have the T-400 and TX-400 and they muffle up the sound quite a bit..
Seems like others recommend the TS-400 but them being so expensive I wouldnt want to buy only to be disappointed again..

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #140 of 182
Quote:
I'm quite disappointed with Comply Tips. I have the T-400 and TX-400 and they muffle up the sound quite a bit..
Seems like others recommend the TS-400 but them being so expensive I wouldnt want to buy only to be disappointed again..

Comply tips attenuate the very highest part of the register, but very slightly. Some find it very useful for 'bright' IEM's (DBA-02, etc).
Since I want no high-end roll-off, I trim the foam overhang (all that sticks out past the plastic tube).
I've been using this technique for many many years and it's perfect for every IEM I own.

Beyond that, maybe you're not seating them properly. They must be inserted deeply into the canal. Deeply. Snug and secure.

Good luck.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #141 of 182
Quote:

Comply tips attenuate the very highest part of the register, but very slightly. Some find it very useful for 'bright' IEM's (DBA-02, etc).
Since I want no high-end roll-off, I trim the foam overhang (all that sticks out past the plastic tube).
I've been using this technique for many many years and it's perfect for every IEM I own.

Beyond that, maybe you're not seating them properly. They must be inserted deeply into the canal. Deeply. Snug and secure.

Good luck.

Good tip! I'll try out your method thanks 
beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #143 of 182
 I'v tried all the Shure/Westone tips lineup. Shure "Yellow" tips the best...IMO - Followed Shure E2c slc (mod) tips - Sony hybrid (mod) tips.

biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #144 of 182
[size=11.0pt]Our engineers are actually in the process of testing the AKG K391NC earphones for compatibility with our tips.  We should have the testing results back within a few weeks![/size]

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #146 of 182
anyone have any insight into how often you need to replace comply tips? What would be the telltale sign? 
Thanks

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #148 of 182
I feel like it's when they no longer become pliable enough to bounce back and create a tight seal though that varies

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #149 of 182
  I feel like it's when they no longer become pliable enough to bounce back and create a tight seal though that varies

Right... and by then they have discoloured slightly.

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #150 of 182
I bought some T100s at the airport recently to go on my Klipsch X11i while I am traveling, I like the neutral sound of the X11 with the medium Silicons but they do not isolate enough for travel especially on smaller noisy Planes.

My X11 are new to me and not 100% used to them as yet, but the Comply made the presentation much darker possibly due to the high end loss which I did not like this so much but what I did like was the isolation which was fantastic, to me they isolate better that the yellow foams I had on my Sure E2.

My amp is away at the moment as soon as it is back I will spend a bit of time with the IEMs with the different tips back to back and may look at modding the comply if the highs are rolling off a little.

For now Thumbs up they do what I wanted them for isolate background noise while commuting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back