Comply Tips Review
Jun 4, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #181 of 182
I bought the variety pack of the SmartCore series instead of the variety pack prescribed for my particular headset--my Sony MDR-AS800AP--because the SmartCore is newer, and I figured it would be worth trying it to see if the SmartCore Sport Pro had better sound quality than the earlier Sport Pro. It seems to. The sound quality of the SmartCore Sport Pro is better than what I remember of the earlier Sport Pro, but it has been a while since I last had my earlier Sport Pros, and so I can't be sure. Further, the sound quality of the SmartCore Audio Pro is better than that of the SmartCore Sport Pro as far as I can tell; I guess that the design differences of the Sport Pro that make it designed more for exercise than the SmartCore Audio Pro result in a bit of loss of sound quality. But the SmartCore Audio Pro might not sound as good as what I remember of my earlier Comfort tips.

Actually, Comply doesn't have my Sony MDR-AS800AP in their database; they have the MDR-AS800BT, which is probably the same headset, except that that one is probably Bluetooth, and mine is wired.

If I decide to buy a variety pack containing the earlier Sport Pro, Comfort, and Isolation in order to compare those tips to my new SmartCore Sport Pro and SmartCore Audio Pro, how do I determine what the appropriate size to buy is? As I've already mentioned, I previously owned the Sport Pro and Comfort (and I also owned the Isolation, because I had that variety pack) and through some sort of trial and error using methodology I've forgotten, I came to the conclusion that large is the right size for me, but I'd like to know how other people recommend determining the correct size for me.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #182 of 182
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back