Comply Tips Review
Apr 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 182

JohnBell

New Head-Fier
Hello!
Im new to this forum, and this is the first thread that I have started. I am doing a review of the Comply Foam tips.
First off, I would like to thank Comply and their representative on headfi (Comply, aka Nate) for selecting me to do a review of their foam tips.
When I got home from Panama City for spring break, I had quite a surprise waiting for me...... A box of 3 sets of Comply Foam Tips!
I immediately tore open the package and put them on the closest IEMs I had, my MeElectronics M6-Cls. The Comply Tips fit right on, without any issues, and are quite easy to get the hang of and insert. They provide SUPERB sound isolation, great comfort, and of course, I am delighted to say that they tamed my M6s. Previously, while I had loved the sound and fit of the M6s, the top end was a little too bright and shrill, with alot of sibilance. The Comply tips tamed the sibilance, and helped to balance out the overall sound of my IEMs, and also made them much more comfortable, especially for extended listening periods.
Overall, I would highly reccomend the Comply Foam Tips to any user looking to get the best comfort and sound out of their IEMs.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 182
If anyone has any comments or pointers to help my review, please drop a comment!
thanks!
etysmile.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 182
If it weren't for Comply tips (as many of you know) I would not be able to use IEM's.
Well... OK, I guess I could use the Shure Olives... but they don't work nearly as well as the Comply P-series.
I can't use flangies or other silicone-type tips, so it's also part of the IEM vetting process for me. If I can not use the P-series on the IEM, I won't buy them. It's really that simple.

Cheers.

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 182
I like to mod the comply tips as I read around here somewhere. It was to cut off (w/ scissors) the extra ends of the tips that come after the filters (if you get the black/filtered comply tips). It gives me the best sound.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 182
Comply tips are my saviors for everyday living. My Westone 4's are always inside my ears during my commute, and the comply tips are right there with them. Astounding isolation(hooray for no more loud engines disturbing my music anymore!), and excellent sound. Thanks Comply!

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 182
actually, if you still find your M6's too shrilly, the comfort sieries does a better job since the lip closes in a little more. By intended design, I find they dont work well for my headphones; although they are still very comfortable when inserting them backwards, and they dont affect the treble.
still, I kinda like the way they look backwards
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #12 of 182

Quote:
I like to mod the comply tips as I read around here somewhere. It was to cut off (w/ scissors) the extra ends of the tips that come after the filters (if you get the black/filtered comply tips). It gives me the best sound.

Yes, I trim the foam overhang flat to the black plastic core. It was kwkarth who first recommended that quite a while back and I've been doing it ever since... and highly recommending the practice 
wink_face.gif

It allows the highs to come through unscathed.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #13 of 182
I'm digging all this Comply love!
I've never tried a mod on our tips... seeing all of the murmurs on here makes me want to try it though.

Tone Seeker: The lifetime of Comply Foam Tips varies a lot from person to person. Some tips are to: 1. Keep your ears clean (ear wax and other gunk deteriorate the foam). 2. Don't toss your tips in your gym bag (don't trash them, basically). 3. You can clean them with warm water and a cloth (don't use anything with alcohol or other cleaning products).
They're very durable though, despite being foam. There are variables even in our offices. Personally, they last me longer than most.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #14 of 182
Does Comply have a set that fits the Sleek Audio SA1's?

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #15 of 182
As of this second, we don't have any tips compatible with SA 1s. We're constantly working on building our compatibility list, but it's surprisingly intricate. We have a team of engineers who build our products and have a rigorous method for testing earphones with our tips.
Right now the only earphones from Sleek Audio that work are SA 6s.
Sorry man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back