Coke or Pepsi???
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #79 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
diet coke just taste like pennies.

Wholeheartedly agree! Personally, given these two choices I really have no problem with either, but prefer to keep Coca Cola around more often. If I really wanted to have the cola of my choice, I'd go with RC Cola. NO diet cola for me though....I can understand diet fruit flavored drinks and I have a hard time differentiating between Diet and regular Dr. Pepper, but I have always been able to tell the difference between diet and regular cola and have yet to find diet cola pleasant to drink.

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #80 of 162
I drink both and really don't have a preference at this point in my life. However, when I was a little kid, mom and dad bought Coca-Cola, so that's what I drank. When I was a little older, we became a "Pepsi family" and for a long time I did prefer Pepsi. I think if I absolutely had to choose, Pepsi would win by the thinnest of margins. BTW, I abstained from voting.

-Tiger9x3

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #83 of 162
Royal Crown Cola

rccola_logo.jpg

Aug 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #86 of 162
I used to be a Coca Cola person; now I drink soda water.

I stopped drinking anything with calories about two months ago and about 10 pounds disappeared in the first two weeks. No diet soda, I've never liked the taste.

I "cheated" on a visit to Mexico a few weeks back. They still brew Coke with cane sugar (as opposed to HFCS) down there and I love it. Still plan to drink one every time I visit - shouldn't upset the diet too much!

Aug 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #87 of 162
Coke. What is Pespi?

Aug 17, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #88 of 162
Pepsi wins the Challenge they used to do in public in the summer -- blind testing of two little cups, very cold soda.

The key was: small amounts, no ice.

People react to the pepper in Pepsi (where it gets its name from ... I wish the cocaine was still in Coca Cola but it's not) and on a hot day people found the pepper and the extra sugar more refreshing, lighter but still with a bite from the pepper than the syrup-y heavier (but ulimately more flavorful)coke.

And so it remains. Pepsi can't stand up to ice very long -- flavor is washed away by the water as the ice melts.

Therefore:

Tall glass over ice, to savor: coke

Quick hit from the bottle (a fix for the addicted): pepsi

OMG nothing in the fidge, have to drink cola right now or i will die, even if warm: coke (pepsi would be too sweet to tolerate were it not so cold as to dull the senses slightly).

Is it still true that in the U.S. pepsi wins in supermarket sales (i.e, where you have a choice, unlike a restaurant)? Gotta look that up.

Aug 18, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #89 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wholeheartedly agree! Personally, given these two choices I really have no problem with either, but prefer to keep Coca Cola around more often. If I really wanted to have the cola of my choice, I'd go with RC Cola. NO diet cola for me though....I can understand diet fruit flavored drinks and I have a hard time differentiating between Diet and regular Dr. Pepper, but I have always been able to tell the difference between diet and regular cola and have yet to find diet cola pleasant to drink.

Me either. The word I use to describe diet cola flavor is "synthetic." I have heard people use the skim milk argument: you get used to it after a while.

I've heard people say that regular coke tastes overpoweringly sweet after you get used to diet cola. Similarly, people who drink low-fat or non-fat milk tell me that whole milk tastes like a milkshake to them -- too rich and thick.

Aug 18, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #90 of 162
I hate both.

Don't know how people can drink it... It has such a strange flavour.

I did like Vanilla Coke though, but only in small quantities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back