Coke or Pepsi???
Aug 18, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #94 of 162
It'd be Pepsi if I had to choose, though I've always preferred the 'British' fizzy drinks, ie. Vimto, Tizer, Irn-Bru, Dandelion & Burdock etc...

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #95 of 162
Diet Coke or Diet Max (jewel brand) is the best tasting. Regular Coke is nasty ****, and diet Pepsi taste like water.

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #96 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be Pepsi if I had to choose, though I've always preferred the 'British' fizzy drinks, ie. Vimto, Tizer, Irn-Bru, Dandelion & Burdock etc...

flat vimto is nice, yes so do i, if theyre flat

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #98 of 162
Coca-Cola here. Even though i much prefer Sprite, i'm a lime soda fan ...
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #99 of 162
Pepsi ftw
smily_headphones1.gif
actually I wouldn't mind any soft drink tbh...

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #102 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pepsi wins the Challenge they used to do in public in the summer -- blind testing of two little cups, very cold soda.

The key was: small amounts, no ice.

People react to the pepper in Pepsi (where it gets its name from ... I wish the cocaine was still in Coca Cola but it's not) and on a hot day people found the pepper and the extra sugar more refreshing, lighter but still with a bite from the pepper than the syrup-y heavier (but ulimately more flavorful)coke.

And so it remains. Pepsi can't stand up to ice very long -- flavor is washed away by the water as the ice melts.

Therefore:

Tall glass over ice, to savor: coke

Quick hit from the bottle (a fix for the addicted): pepsi

OMG nothing in the fidge, have to drink cola right now or i will die, even if warm: coke (pepsi would be too sweet to tolerate were it not so cold as to dull the senses slightly).

Is it still true that in the U.S. pepsi wins in supermarket sales (i.e, where you have a choice, unlike a restaurant)? Gotta look that up.

You're the first person to mention that. I've seen a few articles about why the Pepsi challenge was bogus. One mentioned that Coca-Cola did a similar challenge and got the opposite results. I think the overall national preference is closer to 50/50 than people think.

As for me, I prefer Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi, and regular Coke over Pepsi, but personally prefer Diet sodas since that's what I was raised on and that's what tastes normal to me. Besides, I hate that sugarey teeth-destroying sludge that regular soda leaves behind.

Little-known fact: bottlers like Coca-Cola have completely different formulations for cans, bottles, and fountains, and furthermore, fountain soda formulation varies according to regional tastes. Crazy eh? Personally, I like the new Diet Coke with Splenda because it tastes closer to the Diet Coke that comes out of the dining hall machines around here, although still isn't as good. Regular canned Diet Coke isn't all that great.

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #104 of 162
Coke is a pop, Pepsi is a soft-drink. I prefer pop. Although I've recently committed to only drinking Coke if I can find it in a glass bottle, this thread has compelled me to drop by the convenience store post-haste.

Stupid addictions.

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #105 of 162
When I was a kid, i liked coke better but these days, I find that most sodas are not that good and it tastes like children's drinks. Cold water is more appealing especially when paired with good food. However, coke or pepsi does go well with burgers and American style pizza. Cold teas and natural juices are far superior.

So in this poll, I choose the taste of Coke even though it is a marginal product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back