Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Jan 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #61 of 1,084
I was asking on the Official Mojo Thread about line-out voltage. The Mojo defaults to 3V rms on the line-out setting. Whereas my active speakers use 2V rms whichis the line-level voltage much other kit uses. I wanted to know what colour setting on the volume control would equate to 2V rms.

Mojo Ideas from Chord Electronics told us double blue should do it. See post 8231 on page 549.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8220

Also Mr Rob Watts ansered in post 8201 on page 547. Quote, "Yes 4 clicks down will set it too 1.9v (both balls indigo). Each step is always a 1 dB change."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8190#post_12214124

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #62 of 1,084
  I was asking on the Official Mojo Thread about line-out voltage. The Mojo defaults to 3V rms on the line-out setting. Whereas my active speakers use 2V rms whichis the line-level voltage much other kit uses. I wanted to know what colour setting on the volume control would equate to 2V rms.

Mojo Ideas from Chord Electronics told us double blue should do it. See post 8231 on page 549.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8220

Also Mr Rob Watts ansered in post 8201 on page 547. Quote, "Yes 4 clicks down will set it too 1.9v (both balls indigo). Each step is always a 1 dB change."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8190#post_12214124

Turn the volume all the way down until no LED light on the volume control, then press '+' exactly 68 times - that will give you the 'lite' indigo color on both '+' and '-', which is roughly 1.9Vrms. You will notice 67 times is deeper blue on '-' and indigo on '+', then 68 times turns both to indigo, that's how you can tell it is right on 1.9Vrms. 69 times will go to around 2.1Vrms, which is over your limit.

If you fancy the other way around, it is 26 times '-' from the max volume.

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #63 of 1,084
@ClieOS That's confusing.

If you set it to 3V rms, and then click down four times, that is said to be about 1.9V rms.

How then is it sixty-eight clicks from 0V to 1.9V?

Is there something I have not understood?

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #64 of 1,084
  @ClieOS That's confusing.

If you set it to 3V rms, and then click down four times, that is said to be about 1.9V rms.

How then is it sixty-eight clicks from 0V to 1.9V?

Is there something I have not understood?

Nothing to confuse about, that's exactly what it is - 1.9Vrms is 4 clicks below 3Vrms, or 68 clicks above mute. What you have confused is probably thinking voltage over volume range should be linear, which it is not.

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #65 of 1,084

Nothing to confuse about, that's exactly what it is - 1.9Vrms is 4 clicks below 3Vrms, or 68 clicks above mute. What you have confused is probably thinking voltage over volume range should be linear, which it is not.

Ahah! That's what I was asking in post 8174 on page 545 on the Official Mojo Thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8160

I think we have this pinned down now.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #66 of 1,084
I have searched thread and googled but didn't find any reference to this...  have posted this in the main thread this morning but so far nobody has encountered this or a theory on why it would happen...

Since this morning my Mojo has a *very* low volume. I need to push the volume to double purple to get not even what I got on double red. Note that it didn't happen during a session. It was working fine, I powered it down, then I powered it on this morning, plugged it, and the issue appeared. Nothing happened (no shock, no charging). I thought the source was at fault, but I checked with 3 different sources, different players both on device and computer, and of course different cables (that were working yesterday...). I also checked same sources with the same 2 headphones with same cables with another DAC/amp and it's working fine. 

And before anyone ask, it can happen, I checked the source volume with both DAP and computer it was properly set to max. The Mojo is charged full and light is blue as supposed to be. Oh and I did try both headphone sockets, just in case. I tried to set the Mojo on line out and then turn it off and on again. Nothing.

I don't have a coax or optical handy to test if it's only USB audio.

I can't figure what's wrong, I looked up the manual but didn't find a reset sequence for the Mojo... anyone?
Thanks!

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #67 of 1,084
I have searched thread and googled but didn't find any reference to this...  have posted this in the main thread this morning but so far nobody has encountered this or a theory on why it would happen...

Since this morning my Mojo has a *very* low volume. I need to push the volume to double purple to get not even what I got on double red. Note that it didn't happen during a session. It was working fine, I powered it down, then I powered it on this morning, plugged it, and the issue appeared. Nothing happened (no shock, no charging). I thought the source was at fault, but I checked with 3 different sources, different players both on device and computer, and of course different cables (that were working yesterday...). I also checked same sources with the same 2 headphones with same cables with another DAC/amp and it's working fine. 

And before anyone ask, it can happen, I checked the source volume with both DAP and computer it was properly set to max. The Mojo is charged full and light is blue as supposed to be. Oh and I did try both headphone sockets, just in case. I tried to set the Mojo on line out and then turn it off and on again. Nothing.

I don't have a coax or optical handy to test if it's only USB audio.

I can't figure what's wrong, I looked up the manual but didn't find a reset sequence for the Mojo... anyone?
Thanks!
Maybe you bought a Low-Jo and not a Mo-Jo. Sorry.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #68 of 1,084
Maybe you bought a Low-Jo and not a Mo-Jo. Sorry.

Low-Jo was a real (and very much amazing) Mo-Jo initially so I guess it can happen to anyone :p

I guess it's going to be RMA, **** happens...
I am going to miss my Mojo apparently 20 days turnaround time is expected.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #69 of 1,084
RMA has been accepted my Mojo is going back to Chord soon... oh my it takes time. 
I'll report what the problem was when it's back from repair probably around 3 weeks turnaround time.

Strange fact : the unit is not returned to Chord in the UK but to a retailer in East of France, wonder why that is...

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #70 of 1,084
hi, anyone having problems in connecting their mojo with their iPhone? I currently purchased a mojo with the L19 micro to lightening cable.
however it is not easy to connect the phone with the mojo when plug in. Most the time when i connect both device together and press play,
the sound comes out from the phone speaker instead of the head phone. I need to switch on/off the mojo several times and then suddenly 
it will work... and i am getting annoyed. =[ 

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #71 of 1,084
  I posted something else prior to this post... but it has been submitted for moderation as I replied to your original comment, @GreenBow.

I tried Media Go... but it is failing to detect the ASIO driver for the Mojo. JRiver detected it fine though.

Anybody out there have this issue, and fix it?

Thanks.

I just tried the Mojo with Media Go and it plays. It does the same as it did with you and reports no ASIO  device. However it plays through Windows Default. I am under the impression but don't know, that ASIO is better sound quality. However Media Go is a free player that is HD-audio compatible.

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #73 of 1,084
I have figured out a few combinations of chargers and cables that the Mojo is happy with and does not emit any noise when charging.

Full post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277858

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #74 of 1,084
  I have figured out a few combinations of chargers and cables that the Mojo is happy with and does not emit any noise when charging.

Full post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277858

Nice.

I use this charger. 5V 1A

The Mojo makes no noise when charging. There is a faint buzzy noise when I put my ear right on the case of the Mojo. Nothing audible within a couple of cm away the Mojo.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #75 of 1,084
Has anyone sent their Mojo for repair?
Mine has been out there for 2 weeks now and no word on when I'll get it back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back