Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Dec 2, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 1,084

Ah! I see! :) I hope that when you open it, that you are pleased with it. :)

Sound cards can work in a shared mode or an exclusive mode. Not sure when these circumstances come about though. I would have expected the drivers (or Windows itself) to handle the different qualities if they work in shared mode.

I own a laptop (purchased this year). The MSI doesn't publish the motherboard that they have put into it. I think though, that it is just a "Realtek HD Audio", or something that unexciting. :D

What you say regarding the Steam broadcast not working makes a lot of sense.

I will happily buy JRiver if I can get the issue sorted out. However, since I am in Steam constantly, owning JRiver would be kind of pointless to me if I cannot get this issue resolved. :frowning2:

Please would you try downloading Media Go here from the Sony website (link included below). See if it runs your HD-audio files. It's a software music player, and I think people use it to transfer files from PC to DAP. https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-A15 I use it every day to play my FLAC rips from CDs.

It's completely free. I know it plays WAV and FLAC, but since it's listed with the Sony A15 it might play HD-audio.

The sony website says:
  1. Enjoy additional high-resolution audio formats, including FLAC uncompressed and DSD 5.6 MHz files.

Secondly. If it doesn't play HD-audio could you please try it with some CD audio quality files. I am keen to know if it works perfectly. Some people found that some software misses off the first second of music with the Mojo. It;s an issue when you select a new track or new album. Consecutive tracks playing one after the other are OK.

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 1,084

Would you try downloading Media Go here from the Sony website (link included below). See if it runs your HD-audio files. It's a software music player, and I think people use it to transfer files from PC to DAP. https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-A15 I use it every day to play my FLAC rips from CDs.

It's completely free. I know it plays WAV and FLAC, but since it's listed with the Sony A15 it might play HD-audio.

The sony website says:
  1. Enjoy additional high-resolution audio formats, including FLAC uncompressed and DSD 5.6 MHz files.

Secondly. If it doesn't play HD-audio could you please try it with some CD audio quality files. I am keen to know if it works perfectly. Some people found that some software misses off the first second of music with the Mojo. It;s an issue when you select a new track or new album. Consecutive tracks playing one after the other are OK.

Sure, I will take a look. :)

The missing off the first second... I did experience that in the JRiver player, and thought it was down to the player. Now that I know of this, I will keep my ears open for it. :)

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #18 of 1,084
I posted something else prior to this post... but it has been submitted for moderation as I replied to your original comment, @GreenBow.

I tried Media Go... but it is failing to detect the ASIO driver for the Mojo. JRiver detected it fine though.

Anybody out there have this issue, and fix it?

Thanks.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #19 of 1,084
  I posted something else prior to this post... but it has been submitted for moderation as I replied to your original comment, @GreenBow.

I tried Media Go... but it is failing to detect the ASIO driver for the Mojo. JRiver detected it fine though.

Anybody out there have this issue, and fix it?

Thanks.

Well there is a surprise. (I use Media Go every day.) I suppose people could drop FLAC files into Foobar. However Foobar has the problem where it misses the first second of the first track with the Mojo.

Does you laptop on-board audio chip play HD-audio files with Media Go. Please could you check for me?

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #20 of 1,084

Well there is a surprise. (I use Media Go every day.) I suppose people could drop FLAC files into Foobar. However Foobar has the problem where it misses the first second of the first track with the Mojo.

Does you laptop on-board audio chip play HD-audio files with Media Go. Please could you check for me?

After looking at the Sony Media Go website, it would appear that the ASIO playback only works for their devices. :frowning2:

Media Go detects my high def audio files, but when I play them, there is no sound whatsoever when played through my onboard Realtek card.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #21 of 1,084
  After looking at the Sony Media Go website, it would appear that the ASIO playback only works for their devices. :frowning2:

Media Go detects my high def audio files, but when I play them, there is no sound whatsoever when played through my onboard Realtek card.

My Meridian Explorer and on-board audio play with Media Go. Have you set your on-board audio to default in Sound in the Control panel. (Setting: Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio).

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #22 of 1,084

My Meridian Explorer and on-board audio play with Media Go. Have you set your on-board audio to default in Sound in the Control panel. (Setting: Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio).

Yeah, it is playing now. Not sure why it didn't before.

Media Go will happily play a HQ sound file... but not via ASIO. It appears to only use a standard sound driver (maybe DirectSound, or similar).

I have just this second managed to get foobar2000 working with the Mojo, and the colour of the power light changes depending on the quality of the music I am playing (i.e. it doesn't seem to be resampling everything to a set frequency, and is retaining the frequency of the file).

I am going to stick with foobar2000 for the moment, and see how I get on... and also, how it interacts with Steam.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #23 of 1,084
@Framgeld
I am not familiar with why Media Go won't play in ASIO, or if the Mojo needs that only.

I found this link that says earlier versons of Media Go won't play ASIO. However it talks about converting files. Is there anything in this link that is any good for you. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52948/~/i-want-to-play-high-resolution-audio-songs-using-media-go.

Also I googled for Mojo and ASIO and found this. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/1935 Post #1946 people are discussing ASIO. I don;t think there is an aswer there but there might be someone you can PM, if you need to. I honestly don't know though because you are ahead on this compared with me. My Mojo is still sealed.

Sad though that I would not be able to use Media Go with the Mojo. It's so well organised. I mean compared with Foobar from what I have seen. It's kind of Sony to put Media Go up there for free download to everyone.

I don't know how Mojo users are supposed to get around the issue of playback missing the first half-second. I presume it's a driver issue, and something Chord need to fix.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #24 of 1,084
  @Framgeld
I am not familiar with why Media Go won't play in ASIO, or if the Mojo needs that only.

I found this link that says earlier versons of Media Go won't play ASIO. However it talks about converting files. Is there anything in this link that is any good for you. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52948/~/i-want-to-play-high-resolution-audio-songs-using-media-go.

Also I googled for Mojo and ASIO and found this. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/1935 Post #1946 people are discussing ASIO. I don;t think there is an aswer there but there might be someone you can PM, if you need to. I honestly don't know though because you are ahead on this compared with me. My Mojo is still sealed.

Sad though that I would not be able to use Media Go with the Mojo. It's so well organised. I mean compared with Foobar from what I have seen. It's kind of Sony to put Media Go up there for free download to everyone.

I don't know how Mojo users are supposed to get around the issue of playback missing the first half-second. I presume it's a driver issue, and something Chord need to fix.

@GreenBow
I think Media Go ASIO has been restricted to only work with certain products; DACs that have something called "BitPerfect" on them.

The half-second thing is a bit of a pain, but I got used to it. :)

Foobar2000 is working amazingly, now that I have got it set up. However, the Onkyo HF Player for the iPhone is a bit of a joke. The quality on the track I tried was awful - worse than a 128Kbps MP3. I had to turn it off. And that was a £7.99 in-app purchase. Waste of money. :frowning2: If anyone knows anything about Mojo with Onkyo HF Player, I am willing to take advice. :)

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #25 of 1,084
Hi guys,

Hoepfully someone can shed some light on this. Tried posting on the official page but it moves too fast and no one seemed to notice.
I''m having a slight issue (could be non issue) with the Mojo and that is the battery life.
For the past week and a half, I have used it sparingly (an hour or so a day) and it'll go flat in around 3-4 days. Recharged to full (LED light goes off) and today, it just went completely flat after 20 mins (blinking red then shutdown) after only about 4 hours usage with a 3 day gap till today.
Has anyone had similar usage patterns or up time? I know most ppl get about 8-9 hours but it seems mine isn't anywhere close to that.
Although I've only charged it to full twice, but I would like some opinions. Thank you in advance.

Cans driven: K7XX and Earwerkz Supra (50 / 50)
Music files: Mostly flac and mp3s
Source: USB via PC

p/s: Managed to test it out with the HE1000 today at a shop and it's able to drive them with authority volume wise. SQ wise, soundstage is a little smaller and the airiness, separation and details are a smidgen lower than when I first auditioned them with a proper desktop setup. However, if we're looking at it from a value perspective, the Mojo is just downright awesome and for it to put out SQ from such a small package is just insane. Chord has over achieved with their Mojo

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #26 of 1,084

@GreenBow

I think Media Go ASIO has been restricted to only work with certain products; DACs that have something called "BitPerfect" on them.

The half-second thing is a bit of a pain, but I got used to it. :)

Foobar2000 is working amazingly, now that I have got it set up. However, the Onkyo HF Player for the iPhone is a bit of a joke. The quality on the track I tried was awful - worse than a 128Kbps MP3. I had to turn it off. And that was a £7.99 in-app purchase. Waste of money. :frowning2: If anyone knows anything about Mojo with Onkyo HF Player, I am willing to take advice. :)

Thanks.

Thank you.

If I had opened the Mojo and tried playing music from Media Go I would have panicked. The first half-second or so of music being missed worries me, to be honest. I wish Chord would shed some light on it. It has been mentioned in the Mojo Official Thread.

I have Foobar installed but am not sure how to cofigure playlists. At the moment I see Playlist 1, playlist 2, etc. Whereas in Media Go I see a picture of the album cover and click on that to play the album. It has the name of the album written underneath. All nicely organised. Foobar so far just gives me a list of Playlist: I think I must need to configure it.

@xtr4

I would say your Mojo is in need of return to the retailer, or sent to Chord for repair. I mean what other option is there. As far as Chord reading this thread, I have seen no indication that they have done yet.

Yeah you're right though. The Mojo Official Thread goes fast, but I think Chord do a good job of replying. It's a long thread to find info on fixes in.

That's why I started this thread. I had read the whole Mojo thread, and noted down stuff which stood out, while I was debating the Mojo. Then I thought why not collate the issues in one place, since I had already done the reading.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #27 of 1,084
I think one aspect with the Mojo that showed up in an Amazon review, is one customer said that the Mojo shut off. It was during the playing and charging at the same time, and the heat caused the thermal cut out to initiate. I used the Amazon 'ask other customers' service, and asked if others had met this issue. One other customer replied yes while another said no.

Were I to use the Mojo in desktop mode most of the time as I plan, I would be distraught if it cut out. I have a heatsink that I can attach which will definitely keep it cooler.

I would buy some thermal pads on Ebay and then fit this over the area where the battery is. This heatsink was rescued from a failed motherboard, and measures 5cm(w) x 4cm(b) x 3cm(h).

EDIT: I HAVE ALSO SEEN THAT MAPLIN SELL SMALL HEATSINKS.

The worry from me is whether it would be sufficient cooling during summer.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #28 of 1,084
@Framgeld 
Well since Media Go is no good with the Mojo, I think I would try Windows Media Player. Or VLC if I moved to Windows 10. I was using Media Go because the software rips music to FLAC and is free.

I came across another two softwares which RIP CDs in another thread I started about "When will HD-albums be mainstream". They might work as music player too, so I'll mention them here for you to try if you wish. Or for anyone else. They may be a wrokaround for the half-second missing off the start on newly selected tracks.

Exact Audio Copy
dBpoweramp

I was really surprised you said JRiver was still causing the issue of a half second of music missing. JRiver was found to be the solution to problem when it was discovered on Foobar.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #29 of 1,084
I have a Windows 10 Phone (Lumia 950 XL) and while it does support OTG, it still does NOT see the Mojo. Would love Chord or someone with knowledge of Windows 10 to address (hopefully sooner vs later). I bought the Mojo as a portable on the go solution but it only works with my laptop for now. Magnificent piece of kit I might add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back