Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #25,817 of 42,765
  Not sure what you mean with this but hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say! 

A bit like this?...............................................................................................................or perhaps more like this? 
blink.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #25,818 of 42,765
today during morning walk mojo's battery discharged so I plugged in my beyerdynamic dt880, 600 ohm into fiiox3 which I use as transport to mojo. actually after a long time I listened through fiio . so the sound through fiio immediately felt very slow, congested , out of focus. worst affected were vocals which sounded very shrill if already recorded shrill. mojo in comparison sounds a lot more holographic, focussed and immediate . mojo treats the vocals in a very special way. vocals sound extremely focussed, clear, free of sibilance .

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #25,820 of 42,765
today during morning walk mojo's battery discharged so I plugged in my beyerdynamic dt880, 600 ohm into fiiox3 which I use as transport to mojo. actually after a long time I listened through fiio . so the sound through fiio immediately felt very slow, congested , out of focus. worst affected were vocals which sounded very shrill if already recorded shrill. mojo in comparison sounds a lot more holographic, focussed and immediate . mojo treats the vocals in a very special way. vocals sound extremely focussed, clear, free of sibilance .

Well said.  

This was my experience after months of Mojo.  Music without it is dull, lifeless and 'tiring.'  It has led me to learn more about listener fatigue.  

We are now the proud owners of two mojos inspire of the two inputs afforded us.  

Neither of us would bother to listen to music unless Mojo was free.  The difference is this dramatic:  lost interest without it.  

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #25,822 of 42,765
One thing to note: once you change the line-out level, it's changed... You'll have to find back the original 3V if you ever want it back. (WEIRD! I really don't get this approach)

Not sure exactly what you are stating, but this is confusing or incorrect. By holding down both volume balls when turning on the Mojo, it goes to a preset 3v output. This is not remembered, so if you turn it off and on again, it will revert to the setting prior to turning on in line out mode. If you change the setting up or down after turning on in line out mode (which you can do), that new volume will be remembered when you cycle on and off again. But you can always get back to the 3v line out setting by turning on and holding both volume balls down. You cannot change the behavior of the preset line out mode. It always comes up as 3v, initially.

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #25,824 of 42,765
I have Genelec F one sub.. which has a remote with volume control..
I use that... Source is always volume max.. Mojo @ 3V rms.. and then i control the volume via remote..

Tonight i wil change to 2V rms and will see if i can notice any difference !

Your subwoofer genelec F one is reported to provide 90dBSPL at maximum volume control when fed with -9dBu or O.28Vrms.
If such, better adjust Mojo with 20 clicks below the 3Vrms :wink:

Genelec G home active monitors'specs do not clearly specify the analogue nominal input level. In some Q&A from manufacturer you may find -6dBu (0.39Vrms).

If the above is confirmed, your Mojo's output level should be significantly reduced.
Rgds

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #25,825 of 42,765

here you have a great transportable system

gole1: 5 inch windows 10 64 bit
alo mk3B
mojo

this is an ultimate transportable setup to enjoy mojo to the fullest with using jriver

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #25,828 of 42,765
I have Genelec F one sub.. which has a remote with volume control..
I use that... Source is always volume max.. Mojo @ 3V rms.. and then i control the volume via remote..

Tonight i wil change to 2V rms and will see if i can notice any difference !

Your subwoofer genelec F one is reported to provide 90dBSPL at maximum volume control when fed with -9dBu or O.28Vrms.
If such, better adjust Mojo with 20 clicks below the 3Vrms :wink:

Genelec G home active monitors'specs do not clearly specify the analogue nominal input level. In some Q&A from manufacturer you may find -6dBu (0.39Vrms).

If the above is confirmed, your Mojo's output level should be significantly reduced.
Rgds
Thanks for your help..
mine is 8010 model not the G versions....

i will do some testing.....this weekend with these settings

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #25,829 of 42,765

batteries have a life expectancy of three-years (I'm being conservative) and can be replaced by your Dealer or by Chord.

I can't quote you any cost as there's never been a replacement, the odd battery that has been replaced has been done under warranty (Mojo 1year - Hugo & TT 3year)... ask me again in a year or so and I'll be able to give you a quote, hth...
normal_smile%20.gif

So it's a year further..

Any updates on this? I'm thinking about buying the mojo.. But i would like to know how to replace the battery when it dies, and how much it costs.
Going back to a dealer or online shop (which might be gone), is not that easy either. Have to send it, it will take long etc etc

I'm worried about the battery replacement .

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #25,830 of 42,765
So it's a year further..

Any updates on this? I'm thinking about buying the mojo.. But i would like to know how to replace the battery when it dies, and how much it costs.
Going back to a dealer or online shop (which might be gone), is not that easy either. Have to send it, it will take long etc etc

I'm worried about the battery replacement .

One year into the lifecycle you're asking about a battery that reportedly needs to be replaced after three years? A little premature, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back