Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #25,801 of 42,765
Any way of using mojo with ps4?

Optical TOSlink.

Edit: Unless it's the PS4 Slim, which they neutered the Optical TOSlink connection.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #25,803 of 42,765

I use 3V line level with my Genelec speakers daily. Never tried 2V. May be i will do some testing today !

2Vrms for 0dBFS is the redbook standard. I'm frankly not sure why the 3V was chosen in the Mojo.

On the back of my Genelecs (1030's) you can alter the input sensitivity up to +6dBu. But I don't know if that means that for higher input levels it will clip. If it did, you for sure would have heard it already as 3Vrms is much higher than 6dBu.

When I hooked up my Mojo to my O2 amp it was clipping quite noticeably in it's standard 3Vrms config, but setting it to 2V solved that.

EDIT: Spelling

I will surely check tonight !
How many clicks i have to go behind after 3V line level  and which color will the light ?

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #25,804 of 42,765
  I will surely check tonight !
How many clicks i have to go behind after 3V line level  and which color will the light ?

You'll have to look it up yourself either in the 3rd post of this thread or using the formula posted a couple pages back.

One thing to note: once you change the line-out level, it's changed... You'll have to find back the original 3V if you ever want it back. (WEIRD! I really don't get this approach)

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #25,806 of 42,765
Nov 15, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #25,807 of 42,765
  So i have to click 3.5 clicks to get 2V rms :D

Wait, but how are you actually setting your listening level in this case? I'm assuming your Genelecs are like mine and don't have a "volume" control. 

You're much better off setting your source (whatever that is) to max (digital) level and controlling your listening level on the Mojo using the volume buttons. That will give you the highest fidelity.

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #25,808 of 42,765

So i have to click 3.5 clicks to get 2V rms :D

Wait, but how are you actually setting your listening level in this case? I'm assuming your Genelecs are like mine and don't have a "volume" control. 

You're much better off setting your source (whatever that is) to max (digital) level and controlling your listening level on the Mojo using the volume buttons. That will give you the highest fidelity.

I have Genelec F one sub.. which has a remote with volume control..
I use that... Source is always volume max.. Mojo @ 3V rms.. and then i control the volume via remote..

Tonight i wil change to 2V rms and will see if i can notice any difference !

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #25,809 of 42,765
Did the mojo hurt your hand? On the go means walking for 10 mins? ☺

Commute for me is 45min in bus/underground and walking.

No the mojo didn't hurt my hand, I just don't find convenient to bring the stack around. I would prefer to have all in one device.
I guess it's a personal preference right?

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #25,810 of 42,765
Commute for me is 45min in bus/underground and walking.

No the mojo didn't hurt my hand, I just don't find convenient to bring the stack around. I would prefer to have all in one device.
I guess it's a personal preference right?
Im a coach in Hong Kong. I am walking, jumping on many trains, buses, taxis and on Fridays a ferry aswell.my daily commute is 3 hrs everyday of the week. No days off with a back pack (filled with equipment) phone and mojo with its phone. I also take my hugo and phone.

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #25,811 of 42,765
Im a coach in Hong Kong. I am walking, jumping on many trains, buses, taxis and on Fridays a ferry aswell.my daily commute is 3 hrs everyday of the week. No days off with a back pack (filled with equipment) phone and mojo with its phone. I also take my hugo and phone.

Not sure what you mean with this but hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say! 

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #25,812 of 42,765
Not sure what you mean with this but hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say! 
just saying if a 51 year old can carry a mojo all day then another can. But if you cant or dont want to thats your choice.

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #25,813 of 42,765
just saying if a 51 year old can carry a mojo all day then another can. But if you cant or dont want to thats your choice.

I'm not saying I'm not able to carry it, I'm just saying I don't find it convenient and it's not a matter of weight of course.
Can you accept different people have different convenience levels or do I have to agree with you at all costs?

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #25,814 of 42,765
Lets move on, take care.

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #25,815 of 42,765
Lets move on, take care.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back