Chord Hugo
Jan 19, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #9,392 of 15,694
  i live in romania, very far, to change the battery, i would have to wait about one to two motnhs, or it will not even be possible. this is why i am left wondering...

after what you said, is it possible to put better battery, say an aftermarket one?..

Someone please correct me, if I am wrong, but they look like the standard 18650 batteries found in many torches etc. and available in a wide range of mAH.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #9,393 of 15,694

Someone please correct me, if I am wrong, but they look like the standard 18650 batteries found in many torches etc. and available in a wide range of mAH.

thanks a lot for telling me. i am researching hugo, a thing i do before all purchases! please bear with me as i will ask things when i need to complete my list before buying!

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #9,395 of 15,694
I notice that on page 431, back in July there is a modification of the Hugo. New RCA's etc. Frankly, IMO, and after listening over the years, I will take the cheap/inexpensive RCA's that come with the Hugo. The reason is that they are hollow, less brass to travel through, and frankly in my experience sound better due to this. You can go out and get 20 to 100 per rca jacks but for me, they are waste of money. Even on my own equipment that I build I use the inexpensive jacks. RCA's were a bad invention to begin with. You have all this fine wire, oxygen free, 5 or 9n copper or 6n silver etc. and then you send the signal through a chunk of cheap brass. Both on the male and female RCA. Makes no sense. 

On the battery, well that may be worth investigating. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #9,396 of 15,694
I notice that on page 431, back in July there is a modification of the Hugo. New RCA's etc. Frankly, IMO, and after listening over the years, I will take the cheap/inexpensive RCA's that come with the Hugo. The reason is that they are hollow, less brass to travel through, and frankly in my experience sound better due to this. You can go out and get 20 to 100 per rca jacks but for me, they are waste of money. Even on my own equipment that I build I use the inexpensive jacks. RCA's were a bad invention to begin with. You have all this fine wire, oxygen free, 5 or 9n copper or 6n silver etc. and then you send the signal through a chunk of cheap brass. Both on the male and female RCA. Makes no sense. 

On the battery, well that may be worth investigating. 

Cheap brass is an excellent conductor of electricity. The only reason it is not used in cables is that it won't go round corners :wink:

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #9,397 of 15,694
The TT looks like the device the Hugo should have been from day one - I was never as taken with the portability factor as many here, although I accept that Chord wouldnt have sold anywhere near as many units at the TT sticker price. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #9,398 of 15,694
  The TT looks like the device the Hugo should have been from day one - I was never as taken with the portability factor as many here, although I accept that Chord wouldnt have sold anywhere near as many units at the TT sticker price. 

They just got the naming convention wrong! lol
The TT shouldn't be using the Hugo naming. Where ever 'you go' -  I don't think so!

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #9,399 of 15,694

They just got the naming convention wrong! lol
The TT shouldn't be using the Hugo naming. Where ever 'you go' -  I don't think so!

If you've ever seen the photo of Fang Bian sitting in a cafe with one of his desktop amps and the HE-6, you'll realise that some folks definition of 'portable' is way OTT  :wink:

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #9,402 of 15,694

If you've ever seen the photo of Fang Bian sitting in a cafe with one of his desktop amps and the HE-6, you'll realise that some folks definition of 'portable' is way OTT  :wink:

Too true. I used be on a photography group where definitions of "travel camera" ranged from really compact to 8x10 rigs. Even a light field camera (say a Linhof Technika) comes in at 3kg, before film, tripod, bag, lens, meter....

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #9,403 of 15,694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back