New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 71

post #1051 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcilantro View Post


The EX can do DSD over S/PDIF....I thought the Hugo could too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post


I don't see why not.  As long as transport is capable of sending via coaxial, I don't see why Chord couldn't handle it.

Read this interview:
http://www.aumacoustics.com/robertwatts.html

You now understand that there are limits of what you can put in a little box and not do any compromizes regarding performance (SQ). I guess more stuff requires more battery power also, and price will go up and then what about the size? I believe Chord have done an excellent job with the Hugo, and it is a game changer in portable audio. No doubt.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1052 of 8234

Not sure if the lifespan of the internal battery in the Hugo has already been discussed? I don't remember seeing it whilst reading through all the posts.

So if it hasn't been discussed before, I asked the question and also how easily can it be replaced. This is the answer I received:
 

Quote:
 ...battery life will always depend on how the product is used and the number of charging cycles etc. We will guarantee Hugo's batteries for 18 months, but expect to last far longer under normal usage. A competent technician would be able to change the batteries so the unit would not have to come back to us.
post #1053 of 8234

------------------Deleted :bigsmile_face:


Edited by BrainFood - 3/12/14 at 2:59pm
post #1054 of 8234

Thanks Shaka, it is good to know batteries can be done at a shop as oppose to return to Chord. Anyone got any idea about the cost of batteries replacement?

post #1055 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Scarlet View Post
 

 

Hi project86,

 

Have you upgraded your Audiophilleo1 to support 384KHz/DSD128?

I'm very curious about how it sounds.

 

Nope, I have not. To be honest, I generally play all my DSD/DXD stuff straight from the SD card reader on my Invicta. It's just so simple. However, the latest Invicta firmware update enabled DSD over SPDIF, and my music server can handle DSD, so perhaps I'll consider the upgrade one of these days. I doubt it would affect anything else though - it's just a feature update, not a general SQ update. 

post #1056 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Nope, I have not. To be honest, I generally play all my DSD/DXD stuff straight from the SD card reader on my Invicta. It's just so simple. However, the latest Invicta firmware update enabled DSD over SPDIF, and my music server can handle DSD, so perhaps I'll consider the upgrade one of these days. I doubt it would affect anything else though - it's just a feature update, not a general SQ update. 

Thanks a lot.
post #1057 of 8234


We are proud to announce that Noble Audio will be officially representing Chord Electronics at the SoCal Head-Fi Show and will have the sensational Chord Hugo on demonstration.

 

The SoCal event will be the first Head-Fi show where the Chord Hugo will be officially shown... Noble would like to thank the organisers of the event for all their assistance.

 

Also at the SoCal event will be Chord dealers who will be able to assist with any customer sales enquiries.

post #1058 of 8234
Can we expect a HE-560 on the booth?
post #1059 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Can we expect a HE-560 on the booth?

 

Not at that booth, but there will be one at the meet at Edwood's table!

post #1060 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

Not at that booth, but there will be one at the meet at Edwood's table!
Luckily, one of them is portable... biggrin.gif
post #1061 of 8234

Hi everyone,

 

Just want to share what was told to me personally by Rob Watts, the designer of the Hugo regarding burning in of the device. He and John, the founder of Chord Electronics was in town to give a demo of the Hugo.

 

According to Rob, no burning in is necessary for the Hugo. He said he heard no difference between a well run in Hugo and one that was fresh out of the box. John also felt the same. That means the Hugo is good to go from the start. But....Rob did mention that for some dac/amps, burning in made the device better sounding. Just not the Hugo.

 

Enjoy your Hugo!

post #1062 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYWM View Post

Hi everyone,

Just want to share what was told to me personally by Rob Watts, the designer of the Hugo regarding burning in of the device. He and John, the founder of Chord Electronics was in town to give a demo of the Hugo.

According to Rob, no burning in is necessary for the Hugo. He said he heard no difference between a well run in Hugo and one that was fresh out of the box. John also felt the same. That means the Hugo is good to go from the start. But....Rob did mention that for some dac/amps, burning in made the device better sounding. Just not the Hugo.

Enjoy your Hugo!

Thank you Alan for your info
post #1063 of 8234

Just saw this 199 RMB / 33 bucks barebone with VIA C7 1GHz Processor and up to 1GB of RAM

 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37702714655

 

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/a1000

 

Let's see if such an old chipset were able to support 1.5TB / 2TB drives

 

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/v-series/vx700

 

Potentially a steal for building music server for Hugo IMHO.

post #1064 of 8234

4 weeks from ordering in the UK and I didn't receive the Hugo yet...

Is this normal ?  

post #1065 of 8234
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco View Post

4 weeks from ordering in the UK and I didn't receive the Hugo yet...
Is this normal ?  

It depends on what chassis your dealer is supplying you. We are still waiting for modified chassis to arrive.

Phil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum

Gear mentioned in this thread: