Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #13,383 of 19,125
hey people!

searching an answer for my question but couldnt find it nowhere over the network.. hope someone here who have tried it already could tell me if i can do the thing..

i have yet to own the poly thing but i do own chord mojo, i really desperate to connect with to my car but since i have no aux input i cannot do it. i do have bluetooth on my audio system but without aux thing. i heard with poly i could stream through my car, my question is, aux input is necessary also with poly? or i could use the poly connected to my car system and to my iphone ?

thanks in advance, seeking to know if i could do it with poly.. really wanna upgrade my car audio system with the mojo thing.. i did it on my gf car with aux cable and it did work. but in my car i dont have such aux input :frowning2: i wanna get the poly thing but i most know if its gonna stream with no issues with no aux. just though bluetooth.

thanks again boys and girls!

Regardless of how you get the Bluetooth to your car audio system (via Poly if it works or straight from your phone) the quality would be the same. The car audio system itself would be receiving the digital signal via BT and would do the D/A conversion, so without an audio input you cannot use Mojo/Poly to improve the sound.

May 11, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #13,384 of 19,125
Regardless of how you get the Bluetooth to your car audio system (via Poly if it works or straight from your phone) the quality would be the same. The car audio system itself would be receiving the digital signal via BT and would do the D/A conversion, so without an audio input you cannot use Mojo/Poly to improve the sound.

i understand.

you think i should upgrade my audio system in car and add to it aux input then i could connect the mojo?

May 11, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #13,385 of 19,125
i understand.

you think i should upgrade my audio system in car and add to it aux input then i could connect the mojo?
That would be my suggestion.
I think there were several mojo owners who posted about very good results using the analogue out from their mojo, to feed the aux in for their car stereo.
Of course you are then limited by the quality of the car stereo amp, and speakers etc, but I think there must be many gigabytes of info about how to mod car av systems on the web.

May 12, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #13,386 of 19,125
i understand.

You could do that. It dep nds how much time you spend in the car. I find that there are too many distractions and too much road noise to worry about Mojo vs base car system. But if I were a long haul trucker I’d probably feel differently. Maybe upgrade your car so it’s faster and you can get to listening in a quiet place more quickly! :k701smile:

May 12, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #13,387 of 19,125
You could do that. It dep nds how much time you spend in the car. I find that there are too many distractions and too much road noise to worry about Mojo vs base car system. But if I were a long haul trucker I’d probably feel differently. Maybe upgrade your car so it’s faster and you can get to listening in a quiet place more quickly! :k701smile:
I used to own a MX5 with its cassette based av system. I know that it suffered from high road noise, but I do wish that I still had the car, and could try using a mojo to feed the aux input, and enjoy the music even more.

May 12, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #13,388 of 19,125
i understand.

Yes. I have had a great deal of success running Mojo-Poly hooked to my car aux input. Sound quality is unmatched vs stock. I did replace my stock speakers to premium aftermarket ones.
My old Lexus GX did not even have aux in. So I ended up modding it and tap into cd changer wiring to enable aux. Mojo-Poly provides such an amazing sound signature I did not want it to be limited just to headphones.
No in-car audio system can even come close. Poly in its Hotspot mode is an ultimate streaming platform for road trips ( me and most of my friends have iphones)

May 12, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #13,389 of 19,125
Hi, I own a chord mojo (that I love) and am thinking of buying the poly.
I will be mainly using the combo at work where the wifi signal is not very reliable and many times is turned off entirely. I will be using mainly the sd card slot as I have a lot of music in flac files.
Will I be able to control the sd card slot via an app on my iphone (for example 8 player) even with poor or no wifi signal?
How will I be able to do that?
Thanks Pedro

May 12, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #13,390 of 19,125
Hi, I own a chord mojo (that I love) and am thinking of buying the poly.
I will be mainly using the combo at work where the wifi signal is not very reliable and many times is turned off entirely. I will be using mainly the sd card slot as I have a lot of music in flac files.
Will I be able to control the sd card slot via an app on my iphone (for example 8 player) even with poor or no wifi signal?
How will I be able to do that?
Thanks Pedro

A few ways. If you create MPD playlists, you can do quickplay via the gofigure app, and you shouldnt need to be connected to wifi at all for that since I think gofigure uses bluetooth low energy for that. You can also have the poly create a hotspot, then connect to that with your iphone. That means your iphone will not be able to connect to other wifi networks, but you should still be able to use your data connection for interent. Or, you can use your iphone as a hotspot and have the poly connect to that.

May 12, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #13,391 of 19,125
I used to own a MX5 with its cassette based av system. I know that it suffered from high road noise, but I do wish that I still had the car, and could try using a mojo to feed the aux input, and enjoy the music even more.

Still have my original A package1990 max-5. To say “high road noise” is an understatement. Since the jerks of the world decided I was not allowed to have a radio, having broken windows and slashed tops on several occasions, I put in an amp wired to the ignition and ran an aux plug to a metal blank. Still wouldn’t bother connecting Mojo to it, even though I take Mojo/Poly everywhere and definitely appreciate the upgrade SQ whenever possible.

Good thing about the Miata is that it runs like the day I bought it. The bad thing is it still runs like the day I bought it.

May 13, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #13,392 of 19,125
Yes essentially it's an MPD vs UPnP thing. MPD plays direct so the tracks are just continuous. UPnP (or DLNA) sends a command to fetch the next track so there will be a brief pause.
During this pause nothing is playing and Poly/Mojo will not know the sample rate of the next track so it will default back to the system sample rate. This means you can get a very fast succession of sample rate changes which can cause a very slight tick as everything synchronises.
Gapless playback which is available as a setting in mconnect should help as this will pre-fetch the next track before the current playing track ends so you do not get a pause (or gap) in the playback causing multiple sample rate changes.

I’ve experimented a bit with the latest version of Glider 2.1.2
Having Glider to play from my NAS and choosing mpdplayer@ ipaddress of my Poly as output device I was able to get around the glitch issue between all songs.

So if someone is looking for a workaround: Glider as MPD player and using the Poly as above (mpdplayer@local IP address of Poly) will prevent the glitches from happening.

Edit: I spoke too soon... anything with DSD and switching in between DSD albums the glitches still appear... sigh.... but the sound is sooooo much better than all my other DACs I’ve tried.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #13,393 of 19,125
Hey Roon users is anyone else still having Roon problems? From day one Poly has been 100% solid on Roon, never any issues but now no joy. I have tried rerunning the wizard, sever power cycles, & even reluctantly updated Roon from 1.5 to 1.6. I'll be posting this over on the Roon sited too, but I wanted to know if anyone here has gotten past this hiccup, and or what they did to do so.
@Matt Bartlett I was wondering if there was any progress with some Polys not playing using Roon. I have tried all the suggestions put forth but still I have not been able to use Roon with my Poly. I have quite a few flacs and DSDs on my system and it always seems the music I want to hear at the moment is either not on the SD card or on Tidal. This is frustrating when I'm in the garage, back yard, or going to bed (primary use case for Poly at home).

May 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #13,394 of 19,125
@Matt Bartlett
My observations with Mojo-Poly in terms of erratic RFI and other noises:

For instance if I disconnect Poly from a WiFi network there's a hick-up, when it's being connected to one you can hear the chirping and taking the mobile phone close to the Mojo/Poly and you pick up all sorts of obvious RFI noises with the latter had always been there ever since I acquired Mojo.

I don't have any of these issues with my other HiFi gear. I shall re-run some tests and report back if my other gear has similar issues.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #13,395 of 19,125
@Matt Bartlett I was wondering if there was any progress with some Polys not playing using Roon. I have tried all the suggestions put forth but still I have not been able to use Roon with my Poly. I have quite a few flacs and DSDs on my system and it always seems the music I want to hear at the moment is either not on the SD card or on Tidal. This is frustrating when I'm in the garage, back yard, or going to bed (primary use case for Poly at home).

We are still working on this with Roon. I would encourage anyone with an issue to go to the Roon support page:- https://community.roonlabs.com/t/chord-poly-support/68008/23
The more people who can provide us and Roon information the better.
It would be interesting if anyone can try using Poly in hotspot mode and then connect their Roon core to Poly's own WiFi hotspot. If this works then it might tell us something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back