Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 8, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #13,352 of 18,757
IPod Touch, Tesco Hudl 2 Tablet, LG G5 without SIM card. Why would I want a SIM card? People might start calling me up!
Ha Ha I understand that (not wanting people to call)

If you were playing back solely from SD card you could still use the LG G5 hotspot to connect and control Mojo Poly, via M.A.L.P or mConnect Lite but obviously would not work for online services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc

(correction BubbleUPNP won't work)

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #13,353 of 18,757
Ha Ha I understand that (not wanting people to call)

If you were playing back solely from SD card you could still use the LG G5 hotspot to connect and control Mojo Poly, via M.A.L.P or mConnect Lite but obviously would not work for online services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc

(correction BubbleUPNP won't work)
Thanks. I had stupidly assumed that it wouldn't work w/o mobile data. However, I will stick to Poly Hotspot as LG battery life is woeful.

May 8, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #13,355 of 18,757
I’m on a plane ready to depart. Something I’ve wondered but never posted (until now).

Can I steam audio, in this case a concert film, from a Windows 10 computer to the Poly? My practice, as it will be for today’s flight, is to separate the Poly from the Mojo and plug the Mojo into the computer. Way to many cables...

Streaming the audio from the computer straight to the Poly would be really nice.

If allowed, after takeoff, I would stream the audio via Bluetooth to the Poly...

May 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #13,356 of 18,757
I use gmpc to control my poly from a pc. it helps in a pinch.

May 8, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #13,357 of 18,757
Matt mentioned an improved DSD processing in FW 2.0 and it shows. MJ's Thriller DSD Album sounds out of this world playing off SD. It renders the blackest background and cleanest detail I have heard so far on Mojo-Poly.

May 9, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #13,358 of 18,757
And Bubble does work!
So it does. At the time I originally posted I could not get it to work, but having charged both my Mojo/Poly and phone, it does

May 9, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #13,359 of 18,757
Using qobuz -> airplay -> poly, my poly has rebooted twice after playing a few songs.

Obviously breaks the airplay connection and then it needs setup again.

May 9, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #13,360 of 18,757
No networks are displaying under the new network to add to Poly list. At the bottom of the page is a tab labelled manually add new network. When i press this I am asked to enter my SSID and password. When I do I am still unable to connect. My wifi is Sky Broadband. Is this a common problem with Sky?
Have you solved this problem? If so, please share the solution.

If not, make sure you have an active DHCP server on your network. I believe Gofigure exhibits this behaviour if Poly cannot get an IP address. This differs to the behaviour before the 2.0.0 update where Poly would refuse to switch off when an IP address was unavailable.

May 9, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #13,361 of 18,757
Have you solved this problem? If so, please share the solution.

If not, make sure you have an active DHCP server on your network. I believe Gofigure exhibits this behaviour if Poly cannot get an IP address. This differs to the behaviour before the 2.0.0 update where Poly would refuse to switch off when an IP address was unavailable.

I was not able to solve the problem and have arranged for a return and refund.

May 10, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #13,364 of 18,757
Hi everyone, has anyone seen (or upgraded to) the "Test 2.02" version of the the firmware that's in the settings of GoFigure?

That is indeed a new test version of firmware that we are running at the moment. However I’m not sure how you have it available on your Poly. Can you PM me your Poly WiFi name (Poly-xxxxxxxxx) and I will check. Don’t update to this firmware as it has a bug we are working to fix at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back