1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889
891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900
Next

Last
  1. PrittiPoly
    Thinking about it, that makes sense. In your case Poly is maintaining its connection to hotspot throughout. In my case Poly is switching between access points.

2. joshnor713
    But aren't most of TIDAL content HiFi (44.1kHz/16-bit)? Think it's alright right now. Might hurt in the future when everything becomes Masters. But then, the diff between HiFi/Masters isn't stark. Might just be a case for me where the convenience is worth it.

3. Gr8h8m
    MPD stopping and resetting on Poly changing access points is a new (and really annoying) bug introduced with firmware 2.0, confirmed by @Matt Bartlett, that we are still waiting on a fix for. I transfer from for instance Phone hotspot to fixed Wi-Fi (eg leaving or returning home) all the time, and playback borking on change over has become mighty irritating, (especially as it previously changed over gracefully).

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  4. masterpfa
    Great pairing with the KSE1200

Connecting to your Android using the phones mobile hotspot works fine me, but Poly can also be used in Hotspot mode, I personally have never tried that method.

If connecting via your Samsung Note 9 Mobile Hotspot you will still be able use your phone for internet access (if this is what you mean) after all it s the Poly that is connecting to your Hotspot not your phone connecting to Poly

5. Matt Bartlett
    We have fixed this bug but in doing so it introduced another bug that we are working to fix now.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    calidore and Gr8h8m like this.
  6. Audiophiliate
    Hi all,

Long time lurker here. The have read all 13,340 posts on this thread. Lol.

Feedback first: I’ve had MoJo for a about 2.5 years but was driving me nuts not to have the wire free access. Bought a second hand Poly from someone who was having problems understanding what Poly is. I think if you hear in mind it’s essentially a very small Linux box then some of the ‘problems’ become understandable. I know a lot of people are used to OS’s like mac just being on. However I think if you hold on mind when you turn on MoJo you’re also warm booting a computer at the same time I think Poly does an outstanding job.

I picked up mine mid April and it was on 1.0.26. Update process happened within 2 - 3 reboots. Maybe I was a bit lucky.

I’m loving the sound, now dabbling in Roon/Qobuz/Tidal. My use case is commuting to and from work via rail, Uground and overground. I use it in Poly hotspot mode with iPhone in hydrid wifi config. No breaks at all in service that I can tell. At home I’m dabbling with roon to get the mojo colour ball to be something other than red .

Playing from SD is a lovely experience quality wise using glider and some of the other apps.

Questions:

1) is it worth downloading to iOS for offline beyond CD quality because neither Qobuz or the apps that use airplay can make use of the bandwidth so it’s in effect redundant to go above 16 44.1.

2). Poly far outstrips my MoJo in battery life. I seem to get to Green Bat status on MoJo in about an hour. I guess I’m getting about four hours approx from MoJo. Will test. The MoJo is a couple of years old though. @Amberlamps where did you source your battery? Would prefer to replace myself if possible.

Nice thread all. Has been very useful. Well done to Chord. It’s always easier to criticise than be constructive. I think you’ve handled it well so far. I’d rather it takes longer for firmware but the that the firmware is of good quality than the other way round.

muski, zenlisten and miketlse like this.
  7. masterpfa
    I would add to this M.A.L.P is good for SD card playback on Android (or at least it is for me)
    mConnect lite works with SD card content and Tidal/Qobuz.
    BubbleUPNP works with SD card content and Tidal/Qobuz. However I am not a fan of the UI or looks, but that's my only gripe

8. masterpfa
    Who said that

:beyersmile:

PrittiPoly likes this.
  9. masterpfa
    If you have the Samsung Galaxy Note you should have Hot Spot capability
    My mistake, what device(s) do you have?

10. PrittiPoly
    IPod Touch, Tesco Hudl 2 Tablet, LG G5 without SIM card. Why would I want a SIM card? People might start calling me up!

zenlisten and masterpfa like this.
  11. DavidW
    I’m on a plane ready to depart. Something I’ve wondered but never posted (until now).

Can I steam audio, in this case a concert film, from a Windows 10 computer to the Poly? My practice, as it will be for today’s flight, is to separate the Poly from the Mojo and plug the Mojo into the computer. Way to many cables...

Streaming the audio from the computer straight to the Poly would be really nice.

12. GreenBow
    Mojo should do about eight hours. You might want to look at getting a new battery. My Mojo when new did eight hours fifteen minutes.

There was a possible fix for restoring Mojo battery life. Fully charge it, then remove all cabling, power it up, then let it drain left alone. No idea if it worked, but at one point I thought it did. (Also, some folks Mojo would power off after fifteen minutes under those circumstances.)

13. 211276
    I have been able to connect to Hotgspot using the pin with the P light flashing blue and green. This is further than I got with Gofigure. However I am unable to connect to my network with the pin althnough I am following the instructions to the letter. With network connection I am not receiving the message I should be after releasing the pin and pressing it in again.

14. ZappaMan
    I think so with cantana

15. Gr8h8m
    Also might be important to use a player app like eg VLC which can offset the audio from the visuals to solve any sync issues.

First

Back
880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889
891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900
Next

Last