Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 5, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #13,321 of 18,752
Ok so in Gofigure go to settings and then tap the WiFi tab.
This will show you the networks already configured in Poly ( yours should show none ).
Underneath this there is the option to choose a new network to add to Poly. This will show a list of all the available WiFi networks Poly can connect to.
You can swipe down to scan again and refresh this list.
Your SSID should show in this list. If it doesn't then Poly can't see it.

Poly will not connect to 5GHz WiFi networks or hidden SSID's - this is possibly the problem.
Hi Matt. I have just had a problem which in part is similar to this one.

After months of faultless operation, shortly after updating to 2.0.0, playback suddenly collapsed playing back in Poly Hotspot mode from sd card. I switched off and next day booted up and switched to network mode. Poly would not appear as a renderer in any app on Android or iOS, though it did appear as a server. This persisted over several power cycles. I put Poly back in hotspot mode and it still would not show up as a renderer.I switched back to network mode and now Poly would not connect to the network. This persisted over several reboots. I did a factory reset. On restarting, Poly would not display any SSID's, including my neighbour's one which can usually be seen. The SSID's were visible on my Android and iOS devices. I attempted to add my SSID manually but Gofigure would not respond to the SUBMIT key. After several more attempts at power cycling Poly and reinstalling Gofigure, my SSID suddenly appeared in the list and I was able to add it. After a couple more attempts, Poly appeared as a renderer in my apps and has been working since. Incidentally when I first tried to factory reset, Gofigure would drop out when selecting Device Settings which is why I reinstalled it. Also, before I did the factory reset, a network called DIRECT- appeared in the network list which I have never seen before. It had high signal strength, so I don't think it could have come from my neighbour, and I certainly didn't activate it knowingly. Maybe a red herring! Hope this gives you some insight into what is going on.

May 5, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #13,322 of 18,752
I've been forced to use my Android phone and I hate it, what is the best app that works with poly on droid phones ?

...So, whats the best app for poly on droid devices ?

Cheers

Out of all the ones I've tried HiFi Cast+ has been the favourite.

May 6, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #13,323 of 18,752
My router is 2.4ghz.
Matt,
I am not certain that compatibility with my router is the problem. There are two reasons for this.
1. I returned a Poly before this one. My first Poly was not recognised by Gofigure. However, I was occasionally able to connect manually using the pin. The connection would never last very long, hence the return.
2. Virgin and BT routers in close proximity show up on the settings menus of my phone and tablet. No routers show uo on Gofigure.

May 6, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #13,324 of 18,752
Thank you! Mine works now somehow...

Hey Roon users is anyone else still having Roon problems? From day one Poly has been 100% solid on Roon, never any issues but now no joy. I have tried rerunning the wizard, sever power cycles, & even reluctantly updated Roon from 1.5 to 1.6. I'll be posting this over on the Roon sited too, but I wanted to know if anyone here has gotten past this hiccup, and or what they did to do so.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #13,325 of 18,752
Hey Roon users is anyone else still having Roon problems? From day one Poly has been 100% solid on Roon, never any issues but now no joy. I have tried rerunning the wizard, sever power cycles, & even reluctantly updated Roon from 1.5 to 1.6. I'll be posting this over on the Roon sited too, but I wanted to know if anyone here has gotten past this hiccup, and or what they did to do so.
Already on roon 1.6 and Poly is flawless so far.

May 6, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #13,326 of 18,752
Used Roon and Poly last night without any glitches.

May 7, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #13,328 of 18,752
Nope. Something is definitely wrong. On a normal device I would factory reset it by now, but there's just no way to here. The Config button menu is broken. I go to switch modes and it shuts Poly off.

If this has happened to anyone else (it looks like it has to @AndrewC88, via my quote up above), I'd appreciate some feedback. I sent an email to Chord. We'll see what they come up with, but really feeling like returning it at this point. Huge disappointment.

FYI, for anyone else having this issue, Matt was able to help me out. Chord sent the v2.0 update directly to my Poly and it worked like a charm. I'm now up and running. Finally listening to this thing and it sounds great.

I'm a newbie when it comes to DLNA/UPnP related things. I have an Android and iPhone. I installed BubbleUPnP on my Android and it works great. Trying to look for a similar option on iOS, which runs TIDAL and Google Music like BubbleUPnP does. Any suggestion(s)?

May 7, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #13,329 of 18,752
I'm a newbie when it comes to DLNA/UPnP related things. I have an Android and iPhone. I installed BubbleUPnP on my Android and it works great. Trying to look for a similar option on iOS, which runs TIDAL and Google Music like BubbleUPnP does. Any suggestion(s)?

Just figured out that on my iPhone I don't need a DLNA/UPnP app specifically for streaming on the go (with Poly on hotspot mode), AirPlay can do it (sorry, new to Apple and the AirPlay capability). And I had no idea that it can play my offline TIDAL and Google Music files (that are stored locally on the phone) via AirPlay too. This whole time I figured offline files were not possible whatsoever. This is freakin awesome.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #13,330 of 18,752
I can't see any reason to use M.A.L.P rather than Bubble. Am I doing something wrong?

No not at all, I think it is down to personal preferences. Initially, until an update to BubbleUPNP and Poly FW 2.0, I was having too many problems with playback using this app and as a result got used to and preferred M.A.L.P

Personally not much to choose between the 2 but M.A.L.P has remained my No.1 choice but BubbleUPNP is by no means a poor 2nd, just my choice.

May 7, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #13,331 of 18,752
I’ve seen a few reviews where people say the SQ of playback from a microSD card is better than just using Mojo via USB, which is of course the main way people used the Mojo.

E.g.
https://majorhifi.com/chord-poly-wireless-streaming-module-review/
“Just when I thought the sound couldn’t get any better… it got way better”
Or: https://audiobacon.net/2018/02/02/chord-poly-review-rediscover-mojo/amp/
“Using BubbleUPnP to play off Poly’s local storage was by far, the best sound I’ve ever heard from the Mojo.”

Is the feeling from people here that the SQ with microSD playback is different to typical Mojo via USB use? If so, could anyone offer descriptions of how the sound differs, is it greater transparency, soundstage, space between instruments etc?

May 7, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #13,332 of 18,752
Just figured out that on my iPhone I don't need a DLNA/UPnP app specifically for streaming on the go (with Poly on hotspot mode), AirPlay can do it (sorry, new to Apple and the AirPlay capability). And I had no idea that it can play my offline TIDAL and Google Music files (that are stored locally on the phone) via AirPlay too. This whole time I figured offline files were not possible whatsoever. This is freakin awesome.

Nothing wrong with Airplay as a way to play offline files... just keep in mind that you’re limited to standard resolution @ 44.1kHz, the limit of Airplay on iOS.

May 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #13,333 of 18,752
O
I’ve seen a few reviews where people say the SQ of playback from a microSD card is better than just using Mojo via USB, which is of course the main way people used the Mojo.

E.g.
https://majorhifi.com/chord-poly-wireless-streaming-module-review/
“Just when I thought the sound couldn’t get any better… it got way better”
Or: https://audiobacon.net/2018/02/02/chord-poly-review-rediscover-mojo/amp/
“Using BubbleUPnP to play off Poly’s local storage was by far, the best sound I’ve ever heard from the Mojo.”

Is the feeling from people here that the SQ with microSD playback is different to typical Mojo via USB use? If so, could anyone offer descriptions of how the sound differs, is it greater transparency, soundstage, space between instruments etc?
I haven't used USB since getting Poly, but I can hear no difference between SD card and NAS drive. Using Sennheiser HD600.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #13,334 of 18,752
No not at all, I think it is down to personal preferences. Initially, until an update to BubbleUPNP and Poly FW 2.0, I was having too many problems with playback using this app and as a result got used to and preferred M.A.L.P

Personally not much to choose between the 2 but M.A.L.P has remained my No.1 choice but BubbleUPNP is by no means a poor 2nd, just my choice.
I was trying to get some advice on better displaying artwork in MALP. Having set up embedded artwork in all my files, the Musicbrainz stuff doesn't cut the mustard.

May 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #13,335 of 18,752
I have run a few tests with Bubble and MALP.

With Bubble, if the wifi connection is broken, playback continues for about 5 minutes with 44/16 file, not to end of track or playlist. With MALP playback continues past 5 minutes, but whether to end of track or playlist I didn't have the patience to find out. In both cases, if the connection is remade while the track is still playing, they both stop playing. However, MALP can pickup again without reselecting Poly as renderer while Bubble cannot.

When roaming from one access point to another, playback from both Bubble and MALP collapses as soon as connection is made to the second access point. I didn't check whether MALP would pick up again without reselecting the renderer.

So, a narrow win for MALP/MPD in this context, but best to use Poly Hotspot when on the move.

Connected to my phone I use my phones Hotspot to connect to M.A.L.P and I have no such problems. I use my Mojo/Poly primarily for my commute to work including travelling on the London Underground. My playback is flawless, no disconnections or problems whatsoever, I have not tried this with BubbleUPNP yet, as previous experiences until the update have not been favourable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back