Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 10, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #13,366 of 18,821
I'm sure this has been covered many many time but I'll ask anyway... if I put the poly in hotspot mode and then connect my phone to it via wifi, is there anyway of playing downloaded tidal music? I'm guessing no but hoping yes...

May 10, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #13,367 of 18,821
I'm sure this has been covered many many time but I'll ask anyway... if I put the poly in hotspot mode and then connect my phone to it via wifi, is there anyway of playing downloaded tidal music? I'm guessing no but hoping yes...

On an iPhone, yes, via AirPlay (capped at 44kHz/16bit). But I don't think so on Android, as Google Cast on Poly isn't a go yet (if ever).

May 10, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #13,368 of 18,821

I don’t use Tidal but I play other downloaded music from my iphone thru Airplay, after like you have above stated, the phone is connected to Poly’s hotspot.
I believe the same method should work for Tidal offline content.

May 11, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #13,369 of 18,821
@Matt Bartlett my music collection is exclusive FLAC and DSD of various resolutions.

When playing a playlist with various format files that have different resolutions from the Poly’s SD card there never is a glitch noise when the Mojo plays the next track while switching to a different resolution.
However, when using the Mojo/Poly as a UPNP renderer with a UPNP player like mconnect on my iPhone or Audirvana on my MacBook there always is a glitch noise when switching resolution between tracks. Is it possible for the output signal of the Mojo/Poly to be muted while switching so the glitch noise isn’t audible? Most external DACs I’ve used mute the audio when resolution it switched.

While using uPNP the light ball on the Mojo is always blue when no audio plays or is paused.
Of course the colour will change based on resolution when it plays or resumes playing after pausing.

May 11, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #13,370 of 18,821
@Matt Bartlett my music collection is exclusive FLAC and DSD of various resolutions.

When playing a playlist with various format files that have different resolutions from the Poly’s SD card there never is a glitch noise when the Mojo plays the next track while switching to a different resolution.
However, when using the Mojo/Poly as a UPNP renderer with a UPNP player like mconnect on my iPhone or Audirvana on my MacBook there always is a glitch noise when switching resolution between tracks. Is it possible for the output signal of the Mojo/Poly to be muted while switching so the glitch noise isn’t audible? Most external DACs I’ve used mute the audio when resolution it switched.

While using uPNP the light ball on the Mojo is always blue when no audio plays or is paused.
Of course the colour will change based on resolution when it plays or resumes playing after pausing.
If you search the Mojo thread, you will find posts complaining about the original solution, which was for the Mojo to mute the initial half a second of audio, if the file resolution changed.
So @Rob Watts modified the firmware. Whichever firmware solution is used, will never please everyone.

May 11, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #13,371 of 18,821
If you search the Mojo thread, you will find posts complaining about the original solution, which was for the Mojo to mute the initial half a second of audio, if the file resolution changed.
So @Rob Watts modified the firmware. Whichever firmware solution is used, will never please everyone.
But we should strive to accommodate all users scenarios if possible.

May 11, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #13,375 of 18,821
Hopefully @Matt Bartlett will know the answer.

Yes essentially it's an MPD vs UPnP thing. MPD plays direct so the tracks are just continuous. UPnP (or DLNA) sends a command to fetch the next track so there will be a brief pause.
During this pause nothing is playing and Poly/Mojo will not know the sample rate of the next track so it will default back to the system sample rate. This means you can get a very fast succession of sample rate changes which can cause a very slight tick as everything synchronises.
Gapless playback which is available as a setting in mconnect should help as this will pre-fetch the next track before the current playing track ends so you do not get a pause (or gap) in the playback causing multiple sample rate changes.

May 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #13,376 of 18,821
hey people!

searching an answer for my question but couldnt find it nowhere over the network.. hope someone here who have tried it already could tell me if i can do the thing..

i have yet to own the poly thing but i do own chord mojo, i really desperate to connect with to my car but since i have no aux input i cannot do it. i do have bluetooth on my audio system but without aux thing. i heard with poly i could stream through my car, my question is, aux input is necessary also with poly? or i could use the poly connected to my car system and to my iphone ?

thanks in advance, seeking to know if i could do it with poly.. really wanna upgrade my car audio system with the mojo thing.. i did it on my gf car with aux cable and it did work. but in my car i dont have such aux input :frowning2: i wanna get the poly thing but i most know if its gonna stream with no issues with no aux. just though bluetooth.

thanks again boys and girls!

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #13,377 of 18,821
Yes essentially it's an MPD vs UPnP thing. MPD plays direct so the tracks are just continuous. UPnP (or DLNA) sends a command to fetch the next track so there will be a brief pause.
During this pause nothing is playing and Poly/Mojo will not know the sample rate of the next track so it will default back to the system sample rate. This means you can get a very fast succession of sample rate changes which can cause a very slight tick as everything synchronises.
Gapless playback which is available as a setting in mconnect should help as this will pre-fetch the next track before the current playing track ends so you do not get a pause (or gap) in the playback causing multiple sample rate changes.
Thanks Matt. @PrittiPoly it was not a hospital pass for Matt, who knows almost everything about Poly, off the top of his head. :wink:

May 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #13,379 of 18,821
hey people!

searching an answer for my question but couldnt find it nowhere over the network.. hope someone here who have tried it already could tell me if i can do the thing..

i have yet to own the poly thing but i do own chord mojo, i really desperate to connect with to my car but since i have no aux input i cannot do it. i do have bluetooth on my audio system but without aux thing. i heard with poly i could stream through my car, my question is, aux input is necessary also with poly? or i could use the poly connected to my car system and to my iphone ?

thanks in advance, seeking to know if i could do it with poly.. really wanna upgrade my car audio system with the mojo thing.. i did it on my gf car with aux cable and it did work. but in my car i dont have such aux input :frowning2: i wanna get the poly thing but i most know if its gonna stream with no issues with no aux. just though bluetooth.

thanks again boys and girls!
Presumably for your girlfriends car, you took the analogue out from the Mojo, and connected it to the analogue (aux) input to the car amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back