Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #2,778 of 18,896
@Mojo ideas

Hi John you mentioned that there was an update to Mojo earlier in this thread. Is there a way to get that applied to an early model, and if so is there any benefit to doing so?

Cheers!

Just off to pick up my Poly
Well done james. The Mojos software is not accessible and cannot be up graded post manufacture.

Oct 28, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,779 of 18,896
@Mojo ideas

Hi John you mentioned that there was an update to Mojo earlier in this thread. Is there a way to get that applied to an early model, and if so is there any benefit to doing so?

Cheers!

Just off to pick up my Poly

Just a change to outer casing.

Oct 28, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,782 of 18,896
Still cannot get AIF files to play using 8 Player - anyone else had any luck?

I had an issue where hardly any of my tracks would play when my iPhone was set as the output device (or the poly through airplay). But setting the output as Poly [renderer] in the main UI (not in the output options in play view) solved the problem for me.

I don't have AIF files but thought it might be helpful.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #2,784 of 18,896
Can the firmware of Mojo be upgraded afterwards via the Poly, during a future SW upgrade? Has Chord considered this?

As already mentioned above the Mojo doesn't have field upgradeable firmware as for a "normal" flash upgradeable device.

The FPGA code is usually programmed using a special "JTAG" type programmer via a dedicated connection on the board. The FPGA image can't be distributed as an end user could then in theory obtain the image file and components and make their own Mojo.

Oct 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,786 of 18,896
I've just converted a FLAC file to AIFF and you're right - the folder I put it into shows as EMPTY on 8player. I guess it doesn't work with AIFF?
Thanks - odd as it suggests it does - so puzzled. Need to look at an alternative player as all my files are AIFF and I would prefer not to get into converting them

With 8player you can play all the most popular media formats:
▹ Video (including subtitles support): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, etc;
▹ Music: mp3, aac, flac, alac, wav, aif, wma, etc;
▹ Images: jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff.

Any other players besides 8 player I could use on my iPhone - with gapless playback too world be good ?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #2,787 of 18,896
Well done james. The Mojos software is not accessible and cannot be up graded post manufacture.

I assumed not!

It is sounding great, can't wait for the kids to go to bed!!

Does anyone know an android based way to stream dsf files? I only have a couple so it' not a biggy for me.

Also if anyone else is using it mobile are you setting your phone as a hotspot? Once I'm in the office I'l be fine but Im thinking about being on the train :)

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #2,788 of 18,896
Received mine and charged overnight. Set up so far pretty easy - a bit fiddly with the wifi, once I personalised the Poly's name it connected fine. Using 400gb SD card seemed to load ok with 8Player, but have not timed it yet. Tidal via Airplay - check. mconnect player (which has Qobuz integration) - Poly won't show up as a renderer.

Can Chord integrate with Qobuz?

Pleased so far.

More later.

Although Qobuz is not integrated, can you streaming to poly using Qobuz app via airplay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back