Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #2,806 of 19,125
HI
Has anyone managed to get DSD files to be recognised using 8 player, \\it cant see them, and will not play any DSD files from the SD card when using 8 player

Mitch from Chord was very helpful in this regard and actually got me sorted. I hereby thanks him.

The app that works for me is MPDluxe (Soundirok does not show DSD folders, other hi-res music it does). It was first giving me error communication with MPD database, do not give it will get going.

I will repost message from Mitch, this could help others having same problem, plus some info on Roon integration.

Mitch message:

Poly recognises DSD just the same as MOJO. The application you’re using (8player) does not recognise DSD. Hence why the folders are empty. Sesame also doesn’t recognise DSD. The DLNA applications do not currently recognise DSD. To playback DSD from the SD card, you need to use an MPD application such as MPDluxe. You are already aware of this, you need Polys IP address which is found by pressing the configure button whilst wearing headphones. Poly will read its IP address. The Port should be 6600. No password is required.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #2,807 of 19,125
HI
Has anyone managed to get DSD files to be recognised using 8 player, \\it cant see them, and will not play any DSD files from the SD card when using 8 player
Please see post 2768. It explains that we will shortly have a software update that will improve several aspects of functionality and additionally it will fix the current invisibility of DSD files on 8player.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,808 of 19,125
Just got my poly and I'm having serious issues setting it up. I have to say, it's probably one of the most frustrating thing I've had to setup in a long time. Been trying to get it to work for more than 5 hours and still no joy.

I've had it in access mode, changed the SSID to match my wifi network, Poly then rebooted, but upon rebooting it still flashes blue light (searching for wifi) and that's as far as I've got. I can see it's saves my SSID name in the config menu, but upon rebooting it doesn't connect to any of the saved network.

I've tried to join my main wifi network, and my phone hotspot and still no joy. I've read the instruction on here, and the Internet, and still no joy. If it wasn't so expensive I think I would have given up by now

Just in case anyone thinks I don't know what I'm doing. I've worked in IT for more than 15 yrs, so I think I can setup IT related stuff quite easily.

We need an easier guide on how to configure this unit, as the ones given is a bit sparse and really doesn't give you any help when things ain't working as it should.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,809 of 19,125
I'm not sure exactly what instructions you've followed, but have you checked if there are any spaces or unusual characters in your wi-fi network name or password? At this point in time, it appears Poly does not like such things.

Improvements are coming, to Polys firmware, so a few anomalies, here & there, will be addressed, in due course.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #2,810 of 19,125
Yes, my WiFi and phone ssid has no space or any characters in the WiFi or ssid settings. I’ve also selected the save option.

In the Poly confit setting I can see my WiFi ssid and my phone ssid, so I believe it’s saving the settings. The problem I’m facing is it’s not connecting to either my home wifi or my phone when it’s in hotspot settings.

Unless I’m doing something wrong. I’ve followed the instructions to the letter. If somebody can maybe help me, then it would be great.

Also maybe I have a faulty unit.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #2,811 of 19,125
Yes, my WiFi and phone ssid has no space or any characters in the WiFi or ssid settings. I’ve also selected the save option.

In the Poly confit setting I can see my WiFi ssid and my phone ssid, so I believe it’s saving the settings. The problem I’m facing is it’s not connecting to either my home wifi or my phone when it’s in hotspot settings.

Unless I’m doing something wrong. I’ve followed the instructions to the letter. If somebody can maybe help me, then it would be great.

Also maybe I have a faulty unit.
I don't own one but have been following this thread. Make sure your not in Roon mode. Plug some headphones in and listen when you power it on it will tell you what mode it's in.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #2,812 of 19,125
Mitch, Thank you so much that worked, but I had to delete the mpd file that poly creates on the sd card first, once that was deleted I re inserted the sd card and all my folders including dsd now appear, works a dream, thanks again
Andy

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #2,813 of 19,125
I don't own one but have been following this thread. Make sure your not in Roon mode. Plug some headphones in and listen when you power it on it will tell you what mode it's in.
Not in Roon mode. Poly tells me I’m in access mode. I can configure everything, and it seems to save it as well. But on rebooting the Poly doesn’t lock on any of my configure and saved ssid

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,814 of 19,125
Please see post 2768. It explains that we will shortly have a software update that will improve several aspects of functionality and additionally it will fix the current invisibility of DSD files on 8player.
Thanks John, mpdulxe worked once I had removed the mpd file on the sd card and allowed poly to create a new mpd file...dsd now playing

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,815 of 19,125
Not in Roon mode. Poly tells me I’m in access mode. I can configure everything, and it seems to save it as well. But on rebooting the Poly doesn’t lock on any of my configure and saved ssid
Here's info from post 2 maybe it will help.

Here are some additional tips put together by Matt Bartlett Chord’s Manufacturing Director
1. Poly Lights:-
a) Flashing blue then green means Poly is in access point / hotspot mode.
You will be able to see a WiFi network called Poly to connect to and then use the
config webpage to make changes to Poly setup. Bluetooth will not function in this mode.

b) Solid light means Poly is connected to a WiFi network. The light will be blue when fully charged,
then green, yellow, red as the battery depletes. The important thing is that the light is solid and not flashing.

c) Flashing Blue means Poly is connected and playing via Bluetooth.

d) White means Poly is on charge.

2. To access the config webpage Poly must be in access point mode and the light must be flashing green and blue.
You will see a WiFi network called Poly followed by a number. Connect to this and the webpage should automatically
appear. If you don't see the webpage open any browser and type poly.audio into the search bar.

3. Poly hotspot mode can be permanently switched on. In this mode it will always use it's own internal WiFi router and will not
connect to the internet or any other WiFi network previously stored. On the config webpage navigate to the Play mode settings
tab and check the tick box marked Keep in hotspot mode.
Note:- Hotspot mode is the same as access point mode where Poly will be broadcasting and connected using it's own internal
WiFi router so the lights will flash blue and green.

4. Phone hotspot mode should be setup in the same way as any other WiFi network.
Enter access point mode on Poly (flashing blue and green lights) and open the config webpage.
On the WiFi settings tab add your SSID for your phone hotspot and the password. Tick the reboot
on save box and the click the save button.
Note:- Make sure your phone name (SSID) does not include any special characters like a dash or apostrophe.
So don't use the name Bob's iPhone - instead use Bobs iPhone.
On the iPhone you can rename your phone by going to settings - general - about - name.

5. If you are having trouble getting Poly to remember WiFi settings then make sure you tick the reboot on save box
before clicking the save button. This will force Poly to reboot and change settings.

6. Apple Airplay will only output a 44KHz sample rate signal. This means the light on Mojo will always be red even if
you are playing a high resolution file. To play high resolution make sure you use a DLNA/UPnP app such as
8Player or BubbleUPnP where you can select Poly as a renderer output.

7. Tidal on the iPhone will only output using Airplay or Bluetooth. On android phones you can use apps
like BubbleUPnP which include Tidal integration to play music directly to Poly as a renderer.

8. Checking the saved WiFi networks. On the config page is a tab called Manage Connections.
This will show all the WiFi networks setup inside Poly. Here you can delete them if you want to.
Poly will automatically connect to all the WiFi networks listed providing they are in range and
then it will connect to the strongest first.

9. If you have your headphones or HiFi system connected to Mojo then you can make Poly
'speak' the mode and IP address it is connected to. Just give a short press on the config button
and you will hear Poly announce the settings. If you press and hold for more than 2 seconds then
Poly will say 'entering access point mode' and it will reset

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,817 of 19,125
Just got my poly and I'm having serious issues setting it up. I have to say, it's probably one of the most frustrating thing I've had to setup in a long time. Been trying to get it to work for more than 5 hours and still no joy.

I've had it in access mode, changed the SSID to match my wifi network, Poly then rebooted, but upon rebooting it still flashes blue light (searching for wifi) and that's as far as I've got. I can see it's saves my SSID name in the config menu, but upon rebooting it doesn't connect to any of the saved network.

I've tried to join my main wifi network, and my phone hotspot and still no joy. I've read the instruction on here, and the Internet, and still no joy. If it wasn't so expensive I think I would have given up by now

Just in case anyone thinks I don't know what I'm doing. I've worked in IT for more than 15 yrs, so I think I can setup IT related stuff quite easily.

We need an easier guide on how to configure this unit, as the ones given is a bit sparse and really doesn't give you any help when things ain't working as it should.
please check out the
Chordelelectonics website
Poly FAQ
or on Monday uk Time from 9:00 am
Info@chordelectronics.co.uk

Poly can not currently accept spaces or special characters in WiFi pass words or word longer than 32 characters.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,818 of 19,125
Have you tried Bluetooth connectivity? If so check that no device is connected to the Poly as Bluetooth has a higher connection priority.
Tried Bluetooth on iPhone and it works, but didn’t work when using my Samsung.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,819 of 19,125
Mitch, Thank you so much that worked, but I had to delete the mpd file that poly creates on the sd card first, once that was deleted I re inserted the sd card and all my folders including dsd now appear, works a dream, thanks again

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,820 of 19,125
Here's info from post 2 maybe it will help.

Here are some additional tips put together by Matt Bartlett Chord’s Manufacturing Director
1. Poly Lights:-
a) Flashing blue then green means Poly is in access point / hotspot mode.
You will be able to see a WiFi network called Poly to connect to and then use the
config webpage to make changes to Poly setup. Bluetooth will not function in this mode.

b) Solid light means Poly is connected to a WiFi network. The light will be blue when fully charged,
then green, yellow, red as the battery depletes. The important thing is that the light is solid and not flashing.

c) Flashing Blue means Poly is connected and playing via Bluetooth.

d) White means Poly is on charge.

2. To access the config webpage Poly must be in access point mode and the light must be flashing green and blue.
You will see a WiFi network called Poly followed by a number. Connect to this and the webpage should automatically
appear. If you don't see the webpage open any browser and type poly.audio into the search bar.

3. Poly hotspot mode can be permanently switched on. In this mode it will always use it's own internal WiFi router and will not
connect to the internet or any other WiFi network previously stored. On the config webpage navigate to the Play mode settings
tab and check the tick box marked Keep in hotspot mode.
Note:- Hotspot mode is the same as access point mode where Poly will be broadcasting and connected using it's own internal
WiFi router so the lights will flash blue and green.

4. Phone hotspot mode should be setup in the same way as any other WiFi network.
Enter access point mode on Poly (flashing blue and green lights) and open the config webpage.
On the WiFi settings tab add your SSID for your phone hotspot and the password. Tick the reboot
on save box and the click the save button.
Note:- Make sure your phone name (SSID) does not include any special characters like a dash or apostrophe.
So don't use the name Bob's iPhone - instead use Bobs iPhone.
On the iPhone you can rename your phone by going to settings - general - about - name.

5. If you are having trouble getting Poly to remember WiFi settings then make sure you tick the reboot on save box
before clicking the save button. This will force Poly to reboot and change settings.

6. Apple Airplay will only output a 44KHz sample rate signal. This means the light on Mojo will always be red even if
you are playing a high resolution file. To play high resolution make sure you use a DLNA/UPnP app such as
8Player or BubbleUPnP where you can select Poly as a renderer output.

7. Tidal on the iPhone will only output using Airplay or Bluetooth. On android phones you can use apps
like BubbleUPnP which include Tidal integration to play music directly to Poly as a renderer.

8. Checking the saved WiFi networks. On the config page is a tab called Manage Connections.
This will show all the WiFi networks setup inside Poly. Here you can delete them if you want to.
Poly will automatically connect to all the WiFi networks listed providing they are in range and
then it will connect to the strongest first.

9. If you have your headphones or HiFi system connected to Mojo then you can make Poly
'speak' the mode and IP address it is connected to. Just give a short press on the config button
and you will hear Poly announce the settings. If you press and hold for more than 2 seconds then
Poly will say 'entering access point mode' and it will reset

Tried all this and still no joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back