Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #2,746 of 19,125
When a guy moans about us on an open forum saying loudly that he hadn’t had a reponse from our help desk when he hadn’t actually even sent his message directly to us in time for us to receive it and when that same person is moaning at our help desk when all we are trying to do is answer him promptly then I personally feel a gentle reminder to him that we are real ordinary people isn’t really out of order after all there was a a smiley face. I understand there is some frustration as Poly by its very complexity is not simple product to the uninitiated however I’m asking please don’t take it out on my staff it isn’t necessary.

No "hissy fit" reminder to me is needed. I was not abusive, just very frustrated, seeing other post were replied to and mine was not. Thus I contacted you guys directly.

Mitch from Chord was very helpful in this regard and actually got me sorted. I hereby thanks him.

The app that works for me is MPDluxe (Soundirok does not show DSD folders, other hi-res music it does). It was first giving me error communication with MPD database, do not give it will get going.

I will repost message from Mitch, this could help others having same problem, plus some info on Roon integration.

Mitch message:

Poly recognises DSD just the same as MOJO. The application you’re using (8player) does not recognise DSD. Hence why the folders are empty. Sesame also doesn’t recognise DSD. The DLNA applications do not currently recognise DSD. To playback DSD from the SD card, you need to use an MPD application such as MPDluxe. You are already aware of this, you need Polys IP address which is found by pressing the configure button whilst wearing headphones. Poly will read its IP address. The Port should be 6600. No password is required.

Regarding Roon.
Poly has not yet been confirmed by Roon but will be within a week or two. The process is compete but Roon just need to sign off on it. Once Poly is a Roon Node, you will be able to use the application with Poly to its full potential.

Oct 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,748 of 19,125
Agreed, so much more flexible.

My only concern was the sq, given that I much prefer the sound I get via spdif going though a m2tech hiface 2.

It’s a real no brainer if you already have a Mojo really because you have so much more flexibility and it’s quite a bit cheaper. Even if you are not ‘mobile’ and using at home, it’s nice to not have to worry about moving too much for concern of breaking the physical connection.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #2,749 of 19,125
Poly can take a minute or more depending to power up as it’s scanning for networks. Especially it’d there are quiet a few about Don’t jiggle it. As it isn’t fixing anything Sounds like you may have jiggled when it wasn’t necessary at all and because it started you think you fixed a none existing issue!

It might have been useful to include this information on the instructions leaflet rather than stating 10 seconds!

Apparently 'jiggling' is a subjective term, to me it meant insuring the connections were fully seated, I wasn't throwing the poly around the room.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,751 of 19,125
I'm finding that whenever I want to switch from wifi network to personal hotspot, or vice versa, it ends up requiring me to turn the MojoPoly off and on again before it will either find the new connection or, more particularly, show up in 8Player as a DLNA. That takes time, because the Poly has to shut down fully first.

Is this other people's experience?

I assume it's suppose to automatically switch between connections when one became unavailable.

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,752 of 19,125
No "hissy fit" reminder to me is needed. I was not abusive, just very frustrated, seeing other post were replied to and mine was not. Thus I contacted you guys directly.

Mitch from Chord was very helpful in this regard and actually got me sorted. I hereby thanks him.

The app that works for me is MPDluxe (Soundirok does not show DSD folders, other hi-res music it does). It was first giving me error communication with MPD database, do not give it will get going.

I will repost message from Mitch, this could help others having same problem, plus some info on Roon integration.

Mitch message:

Poly recognises DSD just the same as MOJO. The application you’re using (8player) does not recognise DSD. Hence why the folders are empty. Sesame also doesn’t recognise DSD. The DLNA applications do not currently recognise DSD. To playback DSD from the SD card, you need to use an MPD application such as MPDluxe. You are already aware of this, you need Polys IP address which is found by pressing the configure button whilst wearing headphones. Poly will read its IP address. The Port should be 6600. No password is required.

Regarding Roon.
Poly has not yet been confirmed by Roon but will be within a week or two. The process is compete but Roon just need to sign off on it. Once Poly is a Roon Node, you will be able to use the application with Poly to its full potential.

Thanks for sharing the Chord response. Though I use Android, it is useful information.
This reminds me of when I bought a Linn streamer in 2009, there was no control app, and I was setting up a NAS for the first time.
I had to walk away so many times because I was intensely frustrated that I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted.
It's second nature now and the technology matured.
I guess we are a little at the "bleeding edge" with Poly and discovering what the apps can / can't do. Hopefully this forum helps in ironing out such problems

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #2,753 of 19,125
My other issue at the moment, which I hope can be resolved, is the fact that I am not getting gapless playback from micrsoSD card through 8player. When one track ends, I get a second or so (possibly less) of revolving wheel/buffering before the next track starts. It's not always an issue, of course, but on albums that have seamless transitions between tracks, it's jarring.

The same thing happens with Tidal playback. There is a second or so of silence between tracks, which isn't there if I listen direct from the phone, or through a wire between phone and Mojo.

Am I alone in this experience? Are these things that can be addressed through firmware update?

Totally loving the sound, and I'm sorry if I come across as a moaner. As has been said, I hope us early adopters can be of help.

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #2,755 of 19,125
My other issue at the moment, which I hope can be resolved, is the fact that I am not getting gapless playback from micrsoSD card through 8player. When one track ends, I get a second or so (possibly less) of revolving wheel/buffering before the next track starts. It's not always an issue, of course, but on albums that have seamless transitions between tracks, it's jarring.

The same thing happens with Tidal playback. There is a second or so of silence between tracks, which isn't there if I listen direct from the phone, or through a wire between phone and Mojo.

Am I alone in this experience? Are these things that can be addressed through firmware update?

Totally loving the sound, and I'm sorry if I come across as a moaner. As has been said, I hope us early adopters can be of help.
Many months ago, there was a lot of discussion about the Mojo needing a short period at the start of tracks to detect the file properties (and avoid producing a click if the properties had changed), so some people started experimenting with adjusting the music player settings.
Maybe it is your music player settings, rather than the Poly, causing the silence?

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #2,756 of 19,125
Many months ago, there was a lot of discussion about the Mojo needing a short period at the start of tracks to detect the file properties (and avoid producing a click if the properties had changed), so some people started experimenting with adjusting the music player settings.
Maybe it is your music player settings, rather than the Poly, causing the silence?

I don't honestly know, but that would mean both Tidal and 8player are causing silence between tracks, which is possible. I don't see any settings on either app that would resolve it, though, other than variable crossfeed on Tidal and that's not the solution.

It seems more likely that something about the Poly, or something about Airplay, are causing the silence between tracks. I've just checked, and it also happens with Audirvana+ using Poly as the audio output device.

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #2,759 of 19,125
I don't honestly know, but that would mean both Tidal and 8player are causing silence between tracks, which is possible. I don't see any settings on either app that would resolve it, though, other than variable crossfeed on Tidal and that's not the solution.

It seems more likely that something about the Poly, or something about Airplay, are causing the silence between tracks. I've just checked, and it also happens with Audirvana+ using Poly as the audio output device.

Adding to my own post in the interest of narrowing down the possible explanations, to note that there is a gap in playback if I use the Poly as a DLNA server through 8player but play the audio through iPhone

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #2,760 of 19,125

Thanks for sharing the Chord response. Though I use Android, it is useful information.
This reminds me of when I bought a Linn streamer in 2009, there was no control app, and I was setting up a NAS for the first time.
I had to walk away so many times because I was intensely frustrated that I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted.
It's second nature now and the technology matured.
I guess we are a little at the "bleeding edge" with Poly and discovering what the apps can / can't do. Hopefully this forum helps in ironing out such problems[/QUOTE

From John Franks Chord

Yes we are now getting so much valuable feed back such as Poly’s use with many combinations of player and phones this is allowing our software guys to refine the software in some detail
Regarding loading times we’ve tested the 400 Giga byte SDCard and with the present operating system it takes about eight minutes not the twenty nine minutes previously stated so we think there are other issues however We feel eight minutes I’d still far too long. So in a few days we will be sending out a major software update to all of the poly’s to allow them to load far faster almost instantly even with massive SD cards There will be many enhancements that we will be switching on too. I will outline them here now and we will put out full notification formally later.
r additional code and connectivity required for the new app to function.
Update to Roon mode to include new features (DSD and MQA support)
Modification to the WiFi SSID and password to accept special characters and increase password length to 63 characters.
Improvements to the music database build to increase micro SD card access and loading speed especially for high capacity cards.
Fix DSD visibility via DLNA server.
Rebroadcast of available services when changing WiFi networks.
SMB connectivity.
There will also be other minor bug fixes and tidying up of the operation and configuration.

Some of this is still in test so we will confirm the availability of all the changes when the update is released.
A further update may be required to enable all features. I hope all of you can see that we are working to make Poly a really wonderful product that is great to use with what ever payer or control device your using with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back