Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #2,763 of 19,125
It might have been useful to include this information on the instructions leaflet rather than stating 10 seconds!

Apparently 'jiggling' is a subjective term, to me it meant insuring the connections were fully seated, I wasn't throwing the poly around the room.

I agree. The fact is when joined together there is some play in the connection. Can only be 0.5mm (prob less) but it seems to be enough to interrupt the signal. I am hoping the case keeps everything tight because this would certainly impact its mobility.

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #2,764 of 19,125
I agree. The fact is when joined together there is some play in the connection. Can only be 0.5mm (prob less) but it seems to be enough to interrupt the signal. I am hoping the case keeps everything tight because this would certainly impact its mobility.

The case is armour plated - no chance of any movement inside there! :)

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #2,765 of 19,125
Thanks, John. Will any of that impact on gapless playback?
I’ve got to ask about this as personally I’ve not seen this there was a change made to Mojo in the first year of production that
shortened the gap between tracks but I’m not certain if It’s a poly issue or a player issue or a mojo issue. I’ll advise!

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2,768 of 19,125
Thank you my long post about the software update seems to be hidden difficult to read could someone re post it for me I’m rubbish at working this forum stuff. Thank you
Here you go:

From John Franks Chord

Yes we are now getting so much valuable feed back such as Poly’s use with many combinations of player and phones this is allowing our software guys to refine the software in some detail
Regarding loading times we’ve tested the 400 Giga byte SDCard and with the present operating system it takes about eight minutes not the twenty nine minutes previously stated so we think there are other issues however We feel eight minutes I’d still far too long. So in a few days we will be sending out a major software update to all of the poly’s to allow them to load far faster almost instantly even with massive SD cards There will be many enhancements that we will be switching on too. I will outline them here now and we will put out full notification formally later.
r additional code and connectivity required for the new app to function.
Update to Roon mode to include new features (DSD and MQA support)
Modification to the WiFi SSID and password to accept special characters and increase password length to 63 characters.
Improvements to the music database build to increase micro SD card access and loading speed especially for high capacity cards.
Fix DSD visibility via DLNA server.
Rebroadcast of available services when changing WiFi networks.
SMB connectivity.
There will also be other minor bug fixes and tidying up of the operation and configuration.

Some of this is still in test so we will confirm the availability of all the changes when the update is released.
A further update may be required to enable all features. I hope all of you can see that we are working to make Poly a really wonderful product that is great to use with what ever payer or control device your using with it.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,769 of 19,125
Very promising, but I hope Chord are also working to finalise the GoFigure app as a matter of priority.

Given that the release of Poly has been such a long time in the making, I must admit it's bizarre that the app wasn't ready to go on launch day. I could understand if it had been held up due to approvals from Google or Apple, but the fact that it hasn't even been submitted to them yet is just weird given how important the app is to overall usability / enjoyment of the Poly..

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,770 of 19,125

The case is very nice and sturdy but my Mojo/Poly actually slides around in it - it seems to be 2 to 3 mm longer than the 2 units combined. I’ve had the Mojo and Poly slightly come apart in the case while walking out and about (See the attached image where a gap has formed and you can see the usb connectors). It’s certainly not as snug as the Mojo case.

It will certainly protect the Mojo/Poly very well, but from my experience it might not keep the two tightly together!

IMG_6532.jpg

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,771 of 19,125
The case is armour plated - no chance of any movement inside there! :)

Mine certainly rattles around, but it’s never come apart, a small strip of low density foam will sort it, I’ll try this tomorrow and post a pic

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,772 of 19,125
Very promising, but I hope Chord are also working to finalise the GoFigure app as a matter of priority.

Given that the release of Poly has been such a long time in the making, I must admit it's bizarre that the app wasn't ready to go on launch day. I could understand if it had been held up due to approvals from Google or Apple, but the fact that it hasn't even been submitted to them yet is just weird given how important the app is to overall usability / enjoyment of the Poly..

Yes, admittedly, it might, at first glance, seem a little bizarre, but, to a significant degree, it is explainable by the fact that Poly has had countless man hours devoted to developing its capabilities further and further, during the period since it was first announced. Some of this development encompassed feedback garnered from potential customers, in the period following its announcement. Some of the extended development arose from a desire by the team themselves, to push the boundaries of what the product might be able to bring to market.

Therefore, although understandable, it'd be a misapprehension to wonder if Chord had sat on their laurels and waited until the last minute to throw some man hours at creating accompanying software. Had they created such apps back in February, they would undoubtedly have been rendered obsolete, to some extent, by the subsequent expansion of Polys feature-set.

In other words, although it would've been nice, for both Chord and their customers, if the apps had been finalised and ratified at the point of release, or many months beforehand, it is quite rational to develop the hardware and firmware as far as possible, and only then create supporting apps that integrate with, and leverage, all of that feature-set. A short post-release delay, whilst less than ideal, should lead to a happier end result, in terms of a more flexible feature-set than might otherwise have been possible.

Cart before horse.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,775 of 19,125
Yes, I must admit that having now checked I have a millimetre or so end-to-end movement in my case too. I still don’t think there would be any chance of the Mojo and Poly coming apart, though, and there is no movement up and down or across the case.

I definitely have a 3 mm gap (perhaps this allows for different varients of the mojo?

I have a 45 minute walk to work and over that time when it’s sliding back and forth it does start to come apart. Not a big deal but but helpful for people asking how snug the case is

I guess this is with it placed in my jeans pocket so maybe I need to stash it somewhere with less movement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back